Snowdonia marathon 2013

Camaraderie rules

1,041 to 1,060 of 2,406 messages
03/04/2013 at 17:33

Brer, I love it you manage to find races with food at the end!! Best I've managed is a pancake van, but it was lush with nuttella on!

Camlo/SD/Kadinsky, I'm with you on the mileage tally this month, but I have run lots faster this month, so can I get double points or something??

T rex, I'll be there supporting at the Llanelli marathon, Give me a wave!

JD, I've ordered  no artic wind for sat parkrun!!

03/04/2013 at 19:20

Lol SD and jenf, going to make my marathon ambition on Saturday to achieve a PW and eat lots on the way round and my how liberating that is! I've done all I can during the last 18 weeks of training. About 900 miles, 3 marathons, 2 aborted marathons a fell race and a 20 mile road race (plus 2 sessions of Spin a week) So, did a final 20 today, very slow marathon on Saturday then its feet up time until London. Just a few shortish quality sessions and keep up the Spin to maintain fitness without compromising the legs. The old ITB problem is lurking so trip to killer Physio on Monday.

AND.....weather is going to warm up soon somebody told me today. They had better not be lying or they are SOOOOO dead

When in Llanelli Marathon? No, I'm not going to that one too

03/04/2013 at 19:22
even you couldn't do that brer...its same day as London!
03/04/2013 at 21:04

Weather IS supposed to improve for the weekend, apparently

Llanelli marathon same day as London, so you can't Brer! Enjoy the physio I was supposed to do intervals today, but my legs had other ideas after Monday's sports massage

jenf- Glad to hear about the wind. No sweeping duties for me on Saturday- 5k trail time trial planned instead 

04/04/2013 at 20:46

Doh..might have to miss that one then

Holy hell, what's with the wind factor and snow flurries today? I'm emigrating to..the Sun!

05/04/2013 at 00:16

I'm emigrating to the west of Ireland for the weekend.  See you when I get back on Tuesday.

05/04/2013 at 09:00

Good luck TRex

06/04/2013 at 07:34
Good luck T Rex!!
Morning all Sun is shining here and it looks like MAYBE the wind has dropped
Potato salad this morning for a bit of a non-grain carb boost before the Parkrun
Have a good one, guys!
06/04/2013 at 09:45

JD potato salad for brekkie?

A good run with food at the end is Ras y Gader the ladies always put on a good spread for the runners.  I'm planning it as the first of my summer off road triple if all goes to plan.  Bit of 2 steps forward 3 back at the moment though which is why i've been a bit quiet on here recently still the sun is out and the evenings are light so hopefully i can get going again.

Brer - enjoy your PW really envy how you can do a marathon at the drop of a hat you go girl

Hope TRex and everyone else has a great weekend too

06/04/2013 at 16:00

Chrissi-good source of carbs Recently ben experimenting with rocket and smoked salmon with a lime and olive oil dressing for breakfast- sounds strange, but tastes great. Now a firm convert to breakfast salads Ras y Gader is a fab run, everyone- and the food is, indeed, fantastic! Might come back this year, not sure yet....

Good to see jenf this morning for the Parkrun

The potato salad worked well and I managed to run the (trail) Parkrun in 19.01, 43 seconds faster than my last attempt 3 weeks ago. Just got back from a piri-piri mackerel-fuelled easy 6.3m run- which felt ridiculously easy Got to be a good sign....

06/04/2013 at 16:34
Well a week in Llanberis is definitely a good escape, just a shame we had to come back really

Mr panad went for a run up and down the slate paths, and I managed two slow 3 mile runs 'sore but manageable' would be a good way to sum them up, but it was a good start! Had a very nice lunch in y pantri on Thursday - it was great to see it both open and very busy
06/04/2013 at 17:54

Oh my, the sun is shining and it is warm JD, what's the thinking behind your new nutrition plan then buddy? It is obviously working

Panad, glad you had a good break there girl and great to hear that SS is back on his feet.

Well, my self navigation cross country marathon around rural Lincolnshire yielded me third place, a posh bronze medal and a prize. Got lost several times, grabbed some nice nosh at checkpoints and got sunburnt. RESULT!    Acres of food, jam sponge and custard, cake and lashings of coffee at the end. £15 well spent

06/04/2013 at 18:26
Brer!!! GREAT RESULT
Panad- glad you could reach Llanberis- snow cleared then?
06/04/2013 at 19:03
Yes, JD all the roads are open - it was one hell of a lot of snow that they had cleared from the pass though, it had been dumped over the lower side of the road..

Well done Brer!
07/04/2013 at 09:34
Panad- I saw a photo of where they had cleared the mountain railway line!!
New diet is doing the bizz! 3.5lbs in 6 days, body fat down to 10.3%. Bacon, egg, mushrooms, fried sweet potato and laverbread for breakfast, 17m lined up for later
07/04/2013 at 16:02

17.01m for me today, and surprise, surprise, the wind is back with a vengeance (weather, I mean, guys!). Still, run felt good, except for first 2m where the legs felt a bit heavy from yesterday's 5k. I see that I ended up running the last 2m a bit too fast- felt ok though! 17.01m in 1.58.58 (7.00av) splits: 7:34 7:32 7:29 7:18 7:25 7:22 7:06 7:12 7:02 6:57 7:07 7:01 6:42 6:37 6:19 6:08 6:04 2

07/04/2013 at 19:30

It'll be all that breakfast salad stuff JD!! Cracking pace as ever. Have you made your mind up about London yet?

My training today-5 mile walk with the dog and looking at a car to buy. Feel smashed, hope physio can get some life back in legs and that I can re-fuel enough again tomorrow. Really don't know how you do it Jason, I hit 90 miles last week for the first time in a long time and am eating like a pig but still it doesn't seem enough. You diddle about with salad and and a fry-up, and you steam on for another 100 mile week. I reckon I might have reached some sort of carb intolerance.

So, the final countdown to London...must be sensible now!

How's everyone else doing in this nice spring weather. Wonder how TRex has got on. No doubt a cracking tale will be told on his return!

07/04/2013 at 19:33
Looking forward to T Rex's tale indeed, Brer. As for London, I'm going to go off at sub 2.45 pace and see how it goes
07/04/2013 at 19:34
Rest of my family are busily munching on takeaway pizza. No carbfest for me though Turkey and mushroom omelette and a big salad coming up
08/04/2013 at 13:37

Brer - great result you'll have to ain for a PW more often

JD - Breakfast salad ?? i can't cope with a salad for lunch never mind brekkie  but good for you being so focused - will watch out for you with those elites at VLM

Panad - glad your able to run again

I did an 8 mile undulating loop yesterday (on backroads from home as i didn't feel up to coping with major roadworks + tourist traffic to get to CyB) and it was lovely didn't put any pressure on myself as far as time or even completing the distance and it worked. feel so much better now.

1,041 to 1,060 of 2,406 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.