Snowdonia marathon 2013

Camaraderie rules

1,161 to 1,180 of 2,406 messages
29/04/2013 at 07:06

Yeh, gfa for London 2014 announced I'm in again! Jason?

29/04/2013 at 13:44

VLM ballot closed already can you believe - think i'm glad i switched my computer on at 7am and had a go.  Was doing the do i want to do the training again or not then realised a) probably will get rejected anyway and b) if by some miracle i get in i can decide wether to go for it or not in October (hopefully in a better frame of mind by then)

Brer - well done on GFA

JD - thanks for carb info.  I get the feeling fuller thing as i've been having protien diet shakes for brekkie for a while now and don't get hungry till lunch with them (about 10.30 with porride)  It's the whole energy thing i'm still unsure of not that i've much of it anyway at the moment.  To try to sort that i'm stopping all my AM exercise sessions and just concentrating on the running for a week or 2 then maybe add in a couple of short sessions of core/strenth work once i feel better.  I'm also going to cut down on carbs at lunch and dinner rather than cut out completely i think to start.  Will see how it goes.

29/04/2013 at 15:52

well done on getting into the ballot Chrissi, an achievment in itself, and as you say you've got plenty of time to decide if you want to go for it if you get in!  Well the change in GFA means that my time from last years SNOD is now 2mins to slow, but hey ho, I've never wanted to London anyway, so now I just don't have to justify the fact to all those who think London is the only marathon so why would I not do it (GNR was my first ever race and more than enough for an experience at a big city race! I loved it, but much prefer the smaller races I've done since)

Someone seems to have turned the sun on (though they forgot to turn the wind off)   Got myself up to 5+ miles now, doing ok

29/04/2013 at 16:52

Good luck in ballot Chrissi.

Panad..LOL re London being the ONLY marathon. I've crawled into work the day after much toughter races tha London and no-one bats an eyelid. After London..there were gasps of amazement that I had turned in after such a gruelling event Shame they dont put Snodders on general viewing instead of just on S4C! I'm only going again so that I can locate some of the famous places I should have seen last year! Apparently, we ran past Big Ben and I didnt realise. Also, the company I used who dealt with all the trauma of hotel, travel, registration etc made it as stress-free as I could tolerate.

29/04/2013 at 20:08

Sorry to hijack but I have a place for Snowdon that I am no longer able to use, if anyone wants to buy it from me, email me at heowens 75 @ gmail . com (obviously no spaces) or let me know on here (however messaging doesn't seem to work on here anymore).  

29/04/2013 at 20:20

Hey HeOw..Snowdonia marathon is mega..don't have a time in mind just enjoy the experience..it's fantastic. However, only you know what is best..caught your posts on PandD thread..a very brave run yesterday-well done

29/04/2013 at 20:45

Cheers Brer, funny how even though I PB'd, a bittersweet race for me.  I am not sure I have the heart for Snowdon this year, I really need to tackle the flat marathon first and master it and not drink salted water handed to me...  I feel I have something else to give to a flat marathon and would rather utilise the training I have done for that if you know what I mean? 

29/04/2013 at 21:06

Fair enough girl, I just treat them all like a day out..some you win, some you lose. When we are 80, we have something sensible/exciting to recall rather than sofa- surfing

Phew, that was a bit deep and it's only Monday.

Anyway, I'm off to Milton Keynes at the weekend for a post-VLM recovery run

29/04/2013 at 23:50

Heow know what you mean

brer- i LOVE your enthusaiasm for the marathon/ ultra, but there  is something ( I think) to running at least some of them as all out efforts that take weeks of recovery. Beimg at the edge pf your endurance at 22 miles- and then pushing some- that is what I will remember when I can'trun- not how many easy effort runs I have done... Otherwise, they all become magnolia....

30/04/2013 at 13:05

Sorry for absence, I have a drs paper. lol

I set my alarm early yesterday n put my name in VLM ballot.

Interested in all the diet talk. I eat a v low carb diet (except on a pre race day) and I agree with what JD says about not feeling hungry during the day. I don't find it affects my energy, apart from first thing in the morning, I find early morn runs really hard, and I can feel quite nauseous/dizzy. Ideas anyone??

I joined a running club last week... taken me ages to pick up the courage, but they are a great group. I now find myself in a team doing Castle Relay in June. Anyone done it???

30/04/2013 at 16:01

I,m sure this has been posted before but I can't find link. I'm running this one and want to bring the pooch any suggestion on dog friendly hotels any advice would be great

01/05/2013 at 22:02

Hi ringo- sorry, can't help with pooch info

April stats? Tapering and racing  so.... 234.96m in 29.22.26 ( 7.30 av) 

Sun is shining here and my VLM recovery seems good, so made the most of it by rounding up some clubmates via FB for a sunny interval session on the track 6m in total with 5x 800s 2.40, 2.43, 2.43, 2.44, 2.44. Supposed to be off 90 sec recoveries, but a few were a bit longer- partly due to recovering from London no doubt, partly from running the first 400 at 5min pace! Oops! Lol! Still

02/05/2013 at 16:33

Hi HeOw, I'm in but a friend of mine is interested - I've passed him on your email.  His name is Matt (just in case you see an unexpected name in your inbox) - and of course unless you've changed your mind or you've already found a new home for it.  thanks

Edited: 02/05/2013 at 16:39
02/05/2013 at 22:12

Hiya Team, are we all well and enjoying a bit of summer at last?

Ringo, I stay at a static caravan site which is dog friendly..tis about 15 mins drive from start. Any good?

Done my final 10 miles tonight before Milton Keynes marathon..looks like it's going to be warm

02/05/2013 at 22:18

Brer- I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather being cooler in MK, as long as it isn't here!

02/05/2013 at 22:24

03/05/2013 at 17:35

Hi gang, well things a lot better here, Back on form, in the process of setting up new business with my mate already up and running doing garden and property maintenance (so will be going back to sparking as I'm a time served electrician) and still working my 18 hours in existing job+doing a few shifts in a local rehab finances still all up in the air and working with a debt advisor to sort all that out but hey ho that's life, working on things at home and looking a lot better. As for health scare have pretty much had the all clear just got to have more blood test in 6mths to be sure. In fact I have a new lease of life and i am all excited about this new work project  Training been going good as well, gym, bike and running all in there its been that which has kept me sane. Thanks for all the good wishes etc.

Right lets see what you lot been up to.......

03/05/2013 at 20:34

Hey mega brilliant TR41, so, so glad things are on the up buddy..crap times are there to test us but we get there Sunny weekend in Wales for you then?

Have a fantastic bank holiday all, don't get sunburnt

03/05/2013 at 22:28

Hello everyone - good to hear everyone's running news- well done on recent success. I'd signed up for Trail Marathon Wales but I've had to pull out of the full marathon due to illness, and have contacted the organisers to pass place on but they've suggested I post here also. My sister and I have booked a holiday cottage in Dolgellau for the Friday and Saturday and could transfer this, too, if required - very reasonable and picture-perfect Snowdonia stone cottage - the owner is also participating in the race also so can act as guide.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/images/post-top-left.png

In box me for details if interested.

Thank you for letting me interrupt your busy thread.

04/05/2013 at 15:09

TR40 - glad your getting sorted

Brer - good luck in Milton Keynes

Ffran - get well soon

Not long back from a little practice on Cader so feeling quite smug, met some lovely walkers and had a round of appause off one group.  Ran from home and stopped at bottom of zig zag section below cutoff point and really really enjoyed even though had jelly legs on those giant steps.

1,161 to 1,180 of 2,406 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.