Snowdonia Marathon 2014

Camaraderie rules

1 to 20 of 1,202 messages
26/10/2013 at 11:55

Well as the leaders near the end of this years race it's time to start the thread for next year.

So here it is ........

26/10/2013 at 12:49

Well done Chrissi may decide to have another go at the beast next year I thought you were running this year? X

26/10/2013 at 14:01

no not running this year have just being doing hslfs and trying to get fitness to a good consistant level instesd of my usual pattern of race then letting mileagedrop then having to start over again.  i've managed it ok so far and after conwy next month i'll start to slowly push up to marathon level. the big challenge then is to stay at thst level for next years 3 marathons.

will yoj be back next year?

26/10/2013 at 14:36

I think I might chrissi I have missed being part of this lovely group x

26/10/2013 at 14:48

you know i think this group is a huge part of what makes SNOD so special x

26/10/2013 at 17:59
I will be back. Have some unfinished business with the last hill.
26/10/2013 at 18:39

As above

27/10/2013 at 05:58
Hi guys

Well with 5 coasters now it'd be silly not to go for a set of 6 wouldn't it
Similar aim to you this year Chrissi of not to let my fitness levels drop back so far that I have to start all over again next year. May be easier said than done with specific running fitness as 2014 is also going to be my return to the darkside of triathlon!
27/10/2013 at 09:10

I'm in. I also have issues with that last hill and downhill that need to be settled. With the experience of having completed both my first marathon and SNOD, I now know what to expect. I'll also be able to do a full training program for it as opposed to a condensed 8 week one.

A quick question that someone on this grand forum may be able to answer, for most of next year I will be in Helmand, Afghanistan. Which is pretty much flat and a tad hot in stark contrast to SNOD. What would be the best way to train the legs for it on a treadmill?

27/10/2013 at 11:17
Thanks for starting the 2014 edition, Chrissi. I'm going to try to come back as I too have an issue with miles 22 - 23 to be worked out along with my poor downhill skills. It was great seeing many Snods and getting to here their many stories.
27/10/2013 at 12:52

Cheers for starting the thread Chrissi. Good to meet you Pete.

I stated after the race, and am putting it in black and white here.

Sub 3:30 next year.......

27/10/2013 at 15:49

Chimney, that's my aim if I can overcome the lack of hills in my training program.

27/10/2013 at 17:00

LoveEndures, I moved to the Peak District to get hills.

Was that a bit extreme?

(Ok, there may have been a few other reasons too).

Where in the country are you?

27/10/2013 at 17:15

Well I am in York at the moment, so I've been spoilt for choice when it came to hills this year. Come Spring, I will be in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. So my hill training will be done on a treadmill in 40 degree heat which umm is just a tad different to SNOD lol.

27/10/2013 at 17:46

Oh hello, new forum.Let's start a list before Trex returns from the Nantlle Ridge

3:30 Chimney

27/10/2013 at 18:38

You'll get in trouble Brer, I'm telling.........

Sorry LE, memory issues. perfection would be lots of quality training over a variety of terrains/surfaces/ascents/descents/distances etc. At the other end of the scale is sitting on your backside doing nothing. So anything more than the second is at least going in the right direction! If a treadmill is your only source shy of doing laps around a flat camp, so be it, trying to do what you can about descents. Speak to the PT's, see what they can set up for you? 

27/10/2013 at 18:49

Chimney.... My plan, a the moment will be to keep the quality (ish) long runs in place. by maybe do a say a certain distance on the flat grounds and then nip into the gym and do a certain distance at a certain gradient on the treadmills and mix it up that way. I'm sure I will figure something out. In the mean time I will have to make the most of the beautiful countryside on my doorstep.

27/10/2013 at 19:46

First snowdonia marathon this year and will definiely be back it has to be the best I've done loved it ok a couple of steep bits but so much down hill the way I like to run and the weather was spot on can't find it on the events listings to give a review????

27/10/2013 at 22:39

when does the entrys open for 2014?

27/10/2013 at 23:37

Suzanne, entries usually open on Jan 1st, get in quick.......

1 to 20 of 1,202 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.