Snowdonia Marathon

Practice marathon for this?

7 messages
29/04/2003 at 12:03
I know that this marathon has a lot of ups and downs and will be a bit of a challenge...to say the least.

Can anybody offer any advice with regards to preparation for this one? I would like to try and do a "normal" marathon a few weeks beforehand and any help will be appreciated. Is there any specific training that would be useful for this one? Thanks in advance.
29/04/2003 at 13:42
Pineapple'ed,

Not sure I can be of any help with specific training for you, but have a question you could help me with.

I can not make contact with the organisers to book a place on this event, the web sites refer to 2001 and 2002 only no mention of this year. I have send 4 e-mails to various people at RW and not the courtesy of a single reply !!!!

Your help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon
29/04/2003 at 14:27
Simon,
I have also sent an email off to the contact address on their web site with exactly the same question. To be fair I only sent if off this morning so it is a bit early to expect a response yet.

With last years race being cancelled, I guess that a lot of people from last year will have places reserved for this year so it will be difficult for us "new" people to get in?
29/04/2003 at 14:30
Pineapple'ed,

Glad it is not just me having a proble !

If I hear anything, will let you know.
29/04/2003 at 15:19
Hi Simon & Pineappled,

I was there last year when the race was cancelled. A few months back we were all offered the chance to have a refund or transfer the fee to 2003.I also have not been able to contact the organisers since, but my letter of acceptance and new race number came in yesterdays post. Hopefuly this will mean that the website will be changed and updated soon too !! As for the best training, this is probably best answered by someone who has run it before,last year would have been my first Snowdonia so can't say how adequate or affective my training was !!
29/04/2003 at 23:04
Pineappled
I would say prepare for it as you would for any other marathon, with perhaps some extra hill work. When I train for Snowdon I always include a long hill towards the end of my long run. I think it helps to get used to running/jogging/crawling up hill when your legs are really tired. The important thing is to keep moving.
31/08/2003 at 11:22
I'm lucky to get in from last years cancellation, I have seen the lanberis pass and it is a long way up. I will train on the pembrokeshire coastal path between freshwater east and tenby, it is very undulating to say the least. i just want to finish the snowdon in a reasonable time and enjoy the beutiful scenery.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.