Snowdonia Marathon

The 25th Anniversary

2,601 to 2,620 of 2,926 messages
24/10/2007 at 18:45

Chris,

I do run for NH, i just happen to live about 25 miles east of there 

I'm Confused ??????  Do you mean Alan is sharing with Colin ?   LOL

Work, whats work ?,  

I packed in work about 6 weeks ago now so i could train (properly), getting fed up of being labelled a 'semi-proffessional runner' though,   although being out of work does give me lots of time to run, then again other peoples expectations of me racing well are higher       If i run crap at Snowdon then my wife will make me go and look for another job on monday 

I think Phil wants to leave about 11am so we can get there for around 3pm , collect our numbers, then he can go find the nearest pie shop !  Oh, and check out the local pubs of course ( for post race rehydration)

24/10/2007 at 18:46
FA - Not quite but I made plenty of noise pottering around getting ready and as I was leaving I dropped my suitcase against their door when I was leaving.  How clumsy of me. 
24/10/2007 at 18:58

Ant, I'd be quite happy for you  to get my number for me as long as its allowed.  Depends if we have to sign anything I suppose.  I'd hope to get there early enough on the day anyway, never was one for leaving things to the last minute.

I'll get a medal afterwards but if I want a vest I'd have to order one. 

Shades, I thought you'd be staying in the travel Inn the other side of Bangor after our chat at Leicester.  I was sure that's where you meant.

Just remember to leave you're phone on Friday evening and we'll get in touch.

24/10/2007 at 19:01

FA

I'm not leaving until about 4 or 5pm as i'm not as lucky as you and still have a business to run and kids to get rid of  ,so it maybe me making the noise getting in at 10pm.

Thanks for the number.

24/10/2007 at 19:02

Shades,

If it was me, i'd have kicked the s@!> out of their door at 4.30am.

UH,

I'll email RO and see what they say, would be no problem for me and you'd get a lie in too 

24/10/2007 at 19:02

Shades,

If it was me, i'd have kicked the s@!> out of their door at 4.30am.

UH,

I'll email RO and see what they say, would be no problem for me and you'd get a lie in too 

24/10/2007 at 19:05

Oooops, double posting....

OK, Chris, no probs, at least the traffic will be quieter for you at that time for travelling up north.

24/10/2007 at 19:16

pen-y- pass youth hostel for me

personally i think the hill to pen-y- pass, is worse than waunfawr, however i am sure that will change after running 20m

24/10/2007 at 19:47

My own bed the night before and the night of the race!!!  Travelling over from the Midlands with a friend - early start, but wouldn't sleep much in a "strange" bed anyway - otherwise, campiing would have been my first choice.   Can recommend Beddgelert Forestry Commission or Bryn Gloch at Waunfawr as good sites!

FR - you could stop by for a cup of tea en route and still be finished several hours before me!!  Put the kettle on!!

24/10/2007 at 20:10

Just looked up Saturday's weather forecast on bbc and wish I hadn't!!!

Wellies and brollies all round

24/10/2007 at 20:16
That minging dog of yours most likely FR!
24/10/2007 at 20:26

FA - Had a moment there! as I do drive an Audi Estate! but I looked out the curtains and you wern't there? 

Tell you what, Travel lodge looks a good trade for me at the minute as due to building works on my house we have no central heating this winter!

Runs on spot to keep warm! 

24/10/2007 at 21:02

SZ,

Hope you didn't think i was a stalker !  

Yep, i also checked weather, looks like a rough one, wouldn't it be fun if we all lined up on the start line ready for the off and the announcer said it was cancelled      I can handle the rain, but no gales please !!!!  

Although at the end of the day its the same conditions for everyone, one tip though that i adopted from Edinburgh this year, if its a strong headwind - get running amongst a pack and stay close behind (that way you'll get shelter and save a lot of energy before you make your break for the finish) !

24/10/2007 at 21:10

I turned up when they cancelled it a few years ago. 

If it was and I ran it anyway would te 100 club count it Shades?  Personsally I wouldn't think so.

24/10/2007 at 22:00

UH - I look forward to your '100' presentation - where will that be held? (sorry if I've missed the info.)

Looking forward to meeting you all. Not so sure about the marathon, as I have a poorly left leg (hamstring and now my knee!).

Anyway looking forward to some stunning scenery and generally a nice break. We're (Mr UM and I, and the two boys) are travelling across Friday morning and staying in a nice apartment in Llanberis High St on Friday and Saturday evening.

I spoke to the owner of the apartment today, and he says the weather is brill at the moment and reckons it will be OK for the weekend. Here's hoping

24/10/2007 at 22:12

Hi UM,

Its always be nice and dry when i've run a mara, but it would be typical welsh weather if it rained on saturday as we've had a fair deal of sunshine so far this month.

UH,

You have email (from me)

* I see Mr.Phil is keeping a 'low profile' following tonights football fiasco 

24/10/2007 at 22:14
we want the uefa cup this year anyway - nice to win that one once in a while - we have no space in the trophy room for ANOTHER european cup!
24/10/2007 at 22:26

Haha, you mean the 'useless cup',  perhaps you could win the Carling Cup this time around instead.

I have sent you an email btw regarding friday, no doubt i'll hear from you before then

24/10/2007 at 22:36

should have had  a return mail ant - all set for 11

bring back the milk cup, and the zenith data systems trophy

24/10/2007 at 22:42

Final moral boost before Saturday - went to see Run Fat Boy Run with the kids - had a good laugh and thought if he can do it, I definitely can !  (I know he was only pretending for the camera's but a bit of kid-ology never hurt...)

Anyone know anything about parking in Llanberis prior to the start, do they make lots of space available ?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.