Snowdonia Marathon

The 25th Anniversary

2,841 to 2,860 of 2,926 messages
29/10/2007 at 19:10

Hi All

so sorry i didnt get to meet a few of you as i was really hoping to do so!!But then i met LUNA MAN!!!Thanks to thoseR @C badges!!I so loved this marathon as hard as it was but a very special oneI was hoping for 3.45-4.00 but finished in 3.32  so Thanks to LM( who pipped me at the post!!!! )I managed a really good time which was not expected.This forum has been brill and see you all next year!!!! 

29/10/2007 at 19:40
Looks like FR has just started the 2008 thread
29/10/2007 at 20:09

Flying ant, remember you at the finish now, carrot top introduced us.

Yes i paced Debbie from the start, and its a good job too otherwise she would have gone off way to fast. set out to run at 7 min mile pace and got it bang on

She kept looking back at me like i was mad! She has been doing a lot of 3k s so running that slow was strange for her. We hadn't done much training for this one and just wanted to enjoy the run.

We did our 1st marathon together at London 05 and she stayed at my pace up to about the 13 mile point. i got my 2:52 and she got 2:58.

Your aiming for 2:45 next year, so am i ( again ! ) i'm on the good for age at London and so is carrot top. come and have a chat on the 2:45 thread.

My big toe is going black! 

29/10/2007 at 20:11

PS

Forget to tell you my F***ing Quads are killing and walking Like i S**t myself But it was well worth it!!!!LM see you in Rhayader next year!

29/10/2007 at 21:34
I'm happy now fellrunner and luna man have returned
29/10/2007 at 21:49
just watched it on S4C,  hope some of you spot yourselves.
29/10/2007 at 21:50

Just watched the race on tv. what a let down, I thought it was about the marathon!!!.

Quick shot of mr phil putting himself straight, in the beginning, and a bit of carot top in the end. Did any one else see any one?

29/10/2007 at 21:53
Saw myself at the top of the pass "doubling back" to get a drink
29/10/2007 at 21:56

Chris,

Fully agree with you mate, what a loada shite ! Its supposed to be an unbiased coverage of ALL the runners participating (or as many as possible), i don't personally mind if i'm on tv or not, but it should show a bit more of the race and the course, and perhaps a bit more of the rest of the population that aren't welsh speakers !

Was also hoping to see a mention of UH 100th marathon, as if thats not special in itself !

Dim hapus iawn   

yes, i also saw carrot top and karl wbh, and a quick snap of Mr.Phil (pre-race).

29/10/2007 at 21:58
Rant over 
29/10/2007 at 22:02
FA - And I was going to have that rant...!
29/10/2007 at 22:03
Perhaps that is the edited version and the extended version is out soon??  After all it must have been thrown together pretty quick to get it out the day after??
29/10/2007 at 22:09
Yes, perhaps there are more sheep farmers to be interviewed. And Jones the steam hasn't been interviewed yet.
29/10/2007 at 22:13
I am an optimist both in tv programmes and marathon times...
29/10/2007 at 22:17

Tried to spot a few people on the telly, but failed miserably!  actually spotted myself just before the start.. bounding back to the pack after having a wee in the bushes..  typical!  They also didn't have the sheep that was scratching its bum enthusiastically on the rocks near pen y pass... as someone pointed you " you ain't gonna get that in London"..

So are we all moving to 2008 now.. tee hee - you know when you say "never again.."

29/10/2007 at 22:21

LOL  !!!!!

Yep, there defo should be more sheep interviewed i agree !

And perhaps someone cutting the grass on the mountain top above Waunfawr using a petrol mower !

And please don't forget the alcoholics and swingers who flock to the town when there's a full moon over nantperis !

No wonder they think we all eat pot noodles in wales !

Can't wait until it comes out on DVD, i'll be one of the first to order my copy as long as its officially signed by 'Jones the Steam'  and his old faithful 'Ivor the Engine'    

Karl, i'll have to hop onto that 2.45 thread sometime, haven't decided where i'll attempt the time yet, i'm doing FLM next year, but was thinking of Edinburgh as a PB attempt.

29/10/2007 at 22:39

A belated well done to everyone

I just loved this race, and can't wait 'til next year. At least I've got Rhayader to look forward to in the meantime. I managed 3:34 which I was pleased with considering leg probs. See y'all for Snowdonia 2008! 

UH - was really chuffed for you receiving your 100 award. A big well done again. I'll most probably see you at that 50k in Jan '08

30/10/2007 at 00:10

Very good race.  Enjoyed the course and the conditions.  Was disappointed with myself not to do the 3:50 but at least managed a sub-4 "Target B" with 3:59:26.  Phew!  And I ran the hill OK (sorry to all the people I deceived telling them it was at mile 22 when it was actually miles 21-23 with some more uphill on the off-roady bits after that) but not with the strength I wanted.

The Saturday evening was memorable, not so much for the "do" which was quite a genteel affair, (although it enabled me to meet CD, Steve-Z, RunGaryRun and Safety Pin), but for what transpired when I got back to my tent at 2145.  It was a sodden heap on the ground.  I battled with it for half an hour, getting absolutely soaked, trying to get it orientated to the wind direction and thought I had it about right when a huge gust snapped its only pole.  Had an uncomfortable night in the car with it rocking around in the wind and the rain hammering on the roof. Worst night I've ever camped in.  Tent went in the skip in the morning.

Comprised myself with a low-level walk on Sunday when in actual fact it was a good day and could have gone up high ...

Will be back for more though.  The marathon and the mountains.

PaulF - so you were at the do? Why didn't you introduce yourself with a "Do you realise what speed you were doing ..."

30/10/2007 at 00:13
"... compromised ..."
30/10/2007 at 07:05

Flying Ant - the coverage was pretty much on par with S4C's usual coverage of events - the programmes are always tailored for Welsh speakers and I'd certainly agree that the programme wasn't really made with the race participants in mind! I am sure that the DVD which will be made will be a LOT better.

I have had a few messages/phone calls from people taking the mick out of me for my lack of "picking up a cup of water whilst on the move" skills after seeing me at the top of the Pass. If I'm honest with myself with the TV camera following the group and the crowds cheering I just got carried away with myself from the top of the climb to about 10-11miles - putting that one down to 1st marathon inexperience - won't be making same mistake(s) next year!!

2,841 to 2,860 of 2,926 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.