Snowdonia Marathon

The 25th Anniversary

21 to 40 of 2,926 messages
25/02/2007 at 10:09
I am still sulking;))
25/02/2007 at 10:54
Awwww Hipps :-(

Well I've just saved the 2007 entry form to the desktop. First step towards entering :-)
27/02/2007 at 03:02
M62 steve
i did this in 2005 as my first ever marathon. decided in june of that year to do it and was then half marathon fit. SO no reason why you cant if you put in the right training. you've awhile yet so don't peak too soon and get a good baseline in . you'll need to do hill work too.
don't be put off, this is a great race. spectactular. i'm coming back for thirds (in a row). can't wait.
prsonally think saturday is great. means can stay over after the race, not hurry back, and have a few welsh ales to ease the aching limbs!
27/02/2007 at 08:11
I think Saturday is great too collie dave. I just love Saturday races.
28/02/2007 at 20:00
Hiya folks!
Interesting touch to change it from a sunday to a saturday, but even if it was on Xmas day this would still be my favourite race of the year! Words cant describe how much I love this race, for those doing it first time lucky you!
The my leave for the weekend has been booked off since last october, and the entry will be posted this week. :-)
28/02/2007 at 21:12
I liked it on Sunday because you got an hour longer in bed. I have done it four times and think it is a special marathon to do. To answere other questions, yes there are hills, but only three. Still lots of training time J.Mc
01/03/2007 at 23:05
Yes, but the hill at mile 22 is the mother of all hills. Why was there no coverage of this hill on last year's DVD?

Last year was my first time of many, I hope, and will enter again as soon as the form is sorted.
02/03/2007 at 11:17
It's 2 or 3 years since I ran this race and am really looking forward to doing it again. (my 2nd favourite marathon)

sorry you won't be there Hippo, you will be missing out - maybe next year.

I'm pleased it's moved to Saturday as it's a bit of a drive for me and I can now drive home on the Sunday

Triple fans will now have to do the June triple instead.
02/03/2007 at 19:00
I agree with the sentiments about the hill at Waunfaur, it does apear to get longer and steeper each time I do it. Could be a training thing or maybe I'm just getting old
03/03/2007 at 08:40
Hi Shades - shall most likely see you at this one this year. What does the June triple comprise of? - passing interest of course :-)
03/03/2007 at 09:52
I totally agree with you on that one fellrunner.
Ive made sure that over the last 4 years of running this my 8m downhill has got slower. A friend did this last year with me and sped off into the distance on the long downhill. I however was able to breeze past him at 18m finising nearly quarter of an hour faster than him by the finish.

Anyway, you cant go too fast down the hills as there's lots of sight seeing to do!
03/03/2007 at 11:54
Hi UM - The June triple is Dartmoor Discovery, Blackpool marathon and Cork marathon.
I'm not doing the triple just DD & Cork.
03/03/2007 at 15:06
Thanks Shades. All the best.
03/03/2007 at 15:11
Blimey Shades, I've only just digested that...Dartmoor Discovery part of the June triple, pheeewwww! Fair play to you for doing DD and Cork :-)...

sorry, back to Snowdonia now :-)
03/03/2007 at 19:34
UM - I did (briefly) look into the logistics of doing Blackpool too but from Devon it was too difficult.

I would do Dublin after Snowdonia but I don't have any holiday left so won't be able to do that.
03/03/2007 at 19:36
This is so hard for me

i LOVE beachy

maybe i will never get to do Snowdon
04/03/2007 at 11:24
that will be your loss Hippo, Snowdonia is a wonderful marathon and it's worth going to Llanberis just to visit Pete's Eats for grub
04/03/2007 at 14:09
Pete's Eats is the best cafe in the world.
This was my first ever mara when I did it two years ago. A tough one for a beginner, but very friendly and remains the best race I have ever done and one of the best experiences of my life
Printing of my entry form now. Bring it on!
05/03/2007 at 12:22
Hello Moggy! Nice to see that your form is completed, I remember seeing you in the bar at the YHA the night before the 2005 run. I think you were the sensible one that was not drinking.....

05/03/2007 at 15:04
I remember you to. You should have seen me in the bar after the race! I needed a lot of malt to dull the pain of the stairs up to my room. Just sent of my form and typing this as I sip tea from my Pete's Eats Souvenir Mug. On the side of my mug it says "Because it's there", words of wisdom indeed.
Hope all is well with you.
Love
Mx
P.S Anybody else from Pen-y-Pas 2005 on this forum?
21 to 40 of 2,926 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.