Snowdonia Marathon

The 25th Anniversary

121 to 140 of 2,926 messages
24/04/2007 at 13:08
Thanks toomuch.

I'm going to stretch out the Shades plan and replace some tempo sessions with hill work. In may last (aborted) attempt to train for Snowdonia I was doing Kenyan Hills and found these really challenging but useful. Although given that i got injured - perhaps they were not that useful. Definitely worth checking out by the beginners amongst us.
24/04/2007 at 13:34
Mister Plod - Thanks for the e-mail. I survived FLM after having a bout of illness last week and happy to get a PB of 3:25 all things considered.

Right better start training for this one!
24/04/2007 at 14:30
Hi Jakes - have you got a link or have I missed something?

Something that's been bugging me - what is the situation with water stations on this course?
24/04/2007 at 14:30
3:25, very impressive! you'll be the first one of all of us over the line at Snowdon then?!
24/04/2007 at 22:10
3:25 yes indeed very good time caterpillar girl. Some of my mates did the FLM and they said it was murder in the heat. Not used to that on the top of Snowdon eh John Bach ha ha. Good luck with the training all.

Toomuchtoodo Don't worry about water stations. They loads last year with plenty of drinks and the rumour is they will have chocolates on the later ones this year :)
24/04/2007 at 22:16
LOL sadly chocolate gives me migraines.. but I like the temptation route. :)

3.25 Caterpiller girl - well done there.. though I feel you should change your names to Speedy Caterpiller! :)
24/04/2007 at 23:50
Chocolates... yummm... does that mean I have a valid excuse for pigging out... must train for what I'll be having on the Marathon. he he.

When I did the Great North Run last year, there was a guy handing out Custard Creams and Jammy Dodgers at about mile 11. I would have have loved some, but thought it would be just my luke to breath some crumbs in and get strecherd off from a huge coughing fit!!!

My cheque has been posted... so I guess I am running then!!! :smile: I wonder how long it'll be before I get my race number.

Flatters, I have the same plan as you. Snowdonia as my first marathon, then FLM 08 as my second.

D
25/04/2007 at 07:57
What races are people doing before Snowdonia?
25/04/2007 at 10:19
Toomuchtoodo
I think my last race before Snowdonia will be the Anglesey marathon about five weeks before the Snowdon. A nice easy warm up ha ha. I managed last year no problem though although didn't try to bust a gut in the Anglesey!
25/04/2007 at 14:10
At the moment my programme is:

Silverstone 10k
White Peak Marathon
2 Castles Run
Strathern leicester 10k (pb?)
Stratford Summer 6m
50m Challenge
Daventry 6
Abingdon Marathon (now possibly lady GIdova Half?)
Snowdonia Marathon

But as ever its subject to change! Toyin with the MOB night/day marathon but will decide nearer the day:)
25/04/2007 at 14:25
Yikes Plod - erm a few then? :)

dpryce - toyed with Anglesey instead of Snowdonia.. i guess snowdonia won out, though Anglesey looks an easier course!

Have to admit that if I survive this (ok will probably be last in *sigh* ) also had my eye on FLM next year too. :) Does anyone know of any August races between 13-20 miles?
25/04/2007 at 15:15
Depends where in the UK you are Toomuch.. newark Half is a good bet?
25/04/2007 at 15:27
Manchester/Liverpool way.. already in for the GNR (have to beat last years crap time) but looking for something to aim for in the summer..

25/04/2007 at 15:27
Manchester/Liverpool way.. already in for the GNR (have to beat last years crap time) but looking for something to aim for in the summer..

25/04/2007 at 16:22
The events listings on here is showing not a lot! there are more in Sept i think, when the weather is meant to cool down a bit.
25/04/2007 at 18:09
Toomuch... The belper Rover 30k on 19th August sounds really good. Thinking of entering that one too. Derbyshire isnt that far for you is it?!
18m is a nice distance!
25/04/2007 at 18:15
Toomuchtoodo
yes Anglesey is easier, must be, as i did the same sime virtually in both (3:24ish) and I was less fit (coming back from ITBS) and took it easier in the Anglesey, whereas I at the Snowdonia i was actually trying! I reckon you can say 8-10 mins between the courses. It's the last climbs up into and over Waunfawr in the Snowdonia that just eats away at your time, well it did me anyways!
25/04/2007 at 18:40
I survived the heat and crowds at FLM, and now I'm looking forward to something a bit quieter at Snowdon for my second marathon. I entered as soon as I saw it listed and my cheque wa cashed a couple of weeks ago. Roll on October!
25/04/2007 at 19:00
Toomuchtoodo,
I'm jealous of you and the others on the thread - due mainly to family commitments and our location, the only race I'm doing before Snowdonia is the once which starts/finishes in the village we live.
However, given that our village is on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park I'll be able to get plenty of hill training in before the event!
25/04/2007 at 19:03
Hi all,

Refugee from Abingdon here. Had chosen Ab as an 'intelligent choice' first marathon although I always fancied this one morefor the scenery - looks like Abingdon cancellation has forced my hand. Good to read the other messages around doing this one as a first timer, makes me feel slightly less mad. Anyone got any particular hotel recommendations ?

Re Pete's Eats - last went there approx 24 yrs ago, is it still as good? I was cycling at the time and seem to remember a breakfast from there powered me for about three days...
121 to 140 of 2,926 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.