South Cheshire 20M

21 to 40 of 73 messages
14/06/2013 at 19:23

Charlie the incline on that garmin run is completely wrong, it's never 3000 plus ft. 

Might scare a few people off showing that.

Here is mine from last year, Same run, just over 1000ft of up.

Its a very runnable event, I think fine for Chester if you take it as a training run , some MP miles in stages and don't race it all. Lots will be doing the GNR and racing that - which to me is silly.

Taper straight after South Cheshire for Chester runners sounds good to me.

15/06/2013 at 00:05

Yes! Hadn't noticed the 3,000ft of climb (!) Apparently the elevation correction is turned off. Have been sent a corrected one, but yours does the job - thank you.

15/06/2013 at 00:07

(Don't seem to be able to delete your own posts so I can't get rid of the previous one. Hopefully people will twig we're not really sending them up Snowdon.)

15/06/2013 at 10:15

Just popping in to say Hi, as am liking the look of this for a pre Chester LSR with company

15/06/2013 at 10:19

tempted by this a few weeks before berlin, does this fill up really quick?

15/06/2013 at 10:40

I should say yes, shouldn't I?  In truth the field has varied a lot; last year we clashed with Mcr marathon and weather was atrocious - numbers were way down.

This year we've had about 50 entries already, which isn't massive I know but it's getting on for quarter full three months in advance.

01/07/2013 at 14:24

Only just discovered this race and it looks really good and cheap as chips. Did Spen 20 (proper hilly, below freezing and icy winds) in preparation for Blackpool Marathon which definitely helped. It's hilly everywhere around where I am so looking forward to miles 9 to 13 of this! This will fit in nicely for Yorkshire marathon being 5 weeks out as well.

01/07/2013 at 14:30

Hi All

I'm another one doing Yorkshire mara and have just entered this race.  Will be using to practise some marathon pace miles rather than racing it.  Hopefully it will be a much more enjoyable experience than just setting off for a loooooong run by myself!

Anyway, got my entry in today, looking forward to this one

01/07/2013 at 14:30

Only just discovered this race and it looks perfect for Yorkshire marathon being 5 weeks out. Looking forward to the hills from 9 to 13! Did Spen 20 earlier this year as prep for Blackpool marathon and the hills definitely break the race up and keep you focussed.

16/07/2013 at 11:04

I have just entered  the race. It looks like great training before my October marathon in Poznan (POLAND). It is my first start in South Cheshire 20M and I expect to enjoy it.

Edited: 16/07/2013 at 11:05
17/07/2013 at 11:00

thanks Piotr, you just reminded me I still needed to enter ... so now officially entered

17/07/2013 at 12:22

Looks really good but clashes with Lake Vyrwy HM ... will consider this for next year though!

23/07/2013 at 07:44

Tempted to do this in prep for the Dublin marathon in Oct. Looks very interesting from mile 9 to 13!

28/07/2013 at 11:02

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27545/gallery/rw.jpg?width=350

Nice little write-up in RW print edition for September - hoping the weather is a bit more cheerful this year! 

We're getting on for half full now with seven weeks to go. Still fully expect there to be entries on the day, though it's not inconceivable we'll fill up.

28/07/2013 at 16:39

Hi Guys, I've just seen this thread and had no idea there was such a race in crewe/nantwich.  It's my home town and now live in Rugby.  I'm doing the chester marathon as my first one and this really caught my eye as my parents still live in Nantwich and I'm a frequent visitor.

I would love to consider this as training for Chester but the 250 max participants puts me off unfortunately. I'm not the worlds quickest and would never want to come near the end of the pack as that would just put me off completely. If there were more runners I'd definitely be there...think some more publicity may be in need for this! Can't wait to see it in the September edition!

02/08/2013 at 16:23

Vicky, I'm hoping to do this one as a pre-York training run, and I'm not fast. If it helps, I came through 20 miles at my last marathon in 3.32. And that was obviously a,race, not a training run. I think an organised 20 miler with marshals, water etc is just what you need pre-marathon so don't be put off.

04/08/2013 at 14:39

Hi Vicky - I would refer you to two things: 1) The last finisher last year came in in 4hrs 17mins, and 2) have a look at the feedback section for the race. You will (quite honestly) never get such enthusiastic support from marshals as you do at our race. They pride themselves on it, and I promise you won't feel abandoned. 

The 250 limit is self-imposed just because a fair bit of the race is on country lanes with no footpaths. But to be honest, there isn't the mass appeal to 20-milers that we could attract many more anyway. If you have any ideas how we could publicise it better without spending money (which the race doesn't make), I'd genuinely be glad to hear them.

Hope we see you and Susan on the 15th!

13/08/2013 at 14:20

Let me come straight to the point. This race is brilliant.

It is life-affirming.

You would have to travel far to find a friendlier set of marshalls.The course is great.

I too used to marshall at this event but now I run it with pride for it is the best race I know of, despite my club-member bias!

Enter it now...you won't regret it!

Chris (SCH)

03/09/2013 at 21:45

Forgot to say I've now entered

05/09/2013 at 13:35

A warning that on-the-day entry may now be extremely limited as we are close to the race limit. Postal closing date is Tuesday and online entry will close this weekend. Please enter asap to be sure of a place.

Apologies for late notice - unprecedented demand this year, and I've just had a slightly delayed update from one of the online entry systems that turned out to have over 30 new entries in it!

21 to 40 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.