St Peters Brewery Great East Run

41 to 47 of 47 messages
20/02/2006 at 18:43
well done to everyone who took part glad i am not the only one who found the second 10k quite tough. a thoroughly enjoyable event though. well done to the organisers for getting the results sorted very quickly & for the excellent soup & beer at the finish
Iron Tractor Boy    pirate
21/02/2006 at 12:27
I found the first 10km to be tougher which I then actually ran a negative split. I beat my pb that I set here 2 years ago by 15 minutes despite the slower first half.
21/02/2006 at 12:34
15 minutes! How on earth did you manage to knock 15 minutes off your PB in two years. Conditions weren't that conducive to a fast time either, that's brilliant!
23/02/2006 at 11:18
Fantastic event, my first ever 20K. Organisation was great but can't comment on the support, everybody had gone home by the time I came in. At least I beat the guy's pulling the car tires, but not by much!
Role on next year.
Iron Tractor Boy    pirate
23/02/2006 at 12:46
I had lost some more weight and done a lot more training since I did the race 2 years ago.

There seemed to be a lot of photographers around the route. Does anybody know if they where for a local newspaper?
23/02/2006 at 13:24
I know that the local camera club were out taking pictures so that might account for the large number of snappers around the course. We are supposed to get a picture of us crossing the finishing line as part of our entry - not looking forward to seeing that much, I was knackered at that point!
23/02/2006 at 15:35
apparently the last 35 photo's were sent out last night. I was missed off theresults list! must have wizzed past the time kepper to fast.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.