Stamford Striders St Valentine 30k

Anybody??

141 to 159 of 159 messages
12/02/2006 at 20:04
Excellent race, Great marshalls but the group at 24km tell lies I dont look good on the start line never mind after this distance!
Thought people were having a laugh saying it was hilly, It certainly was, Cant remember a long flat bit all route.
Would certainly look to do again.
12/02/2006 at 20:05
Very good well organised race, well done Stamford.

Found myself surprisingly comfortable most of the way round until the hills from 25k to 28k, that seemed very hard work.

Thanks to the party people at 24k, really made me smile.

I was aiming for 8 min miles all the way round as it was my longest run since I did London as a teenager. Managed a bit quicker than that and finished in 2h 27m 45.

Well done to all the LERC'ers too. Starting to make a name for the club with the good results and good turn outs!!
12/02/2006 at 23:24
Really enjoyable race. Set off really conservatively as I was a bit apprehensive having run a nightmare 8 miler only two days previously. However plenty of rest and carbohydrates seemed to do the trick.

I ran 2:41, which was 10 minutes faster than last year. What was more pleasing was that I finished feeling fairly strong. Last year I was dead on my feet!

Echo the sentiments about the marshalls. It can get cold marshalling a 10K, never mind a 30K. Thanks everyone.

A really well designed T-shirt too!
13/02/2006 at 10:34
well well well valenteenies was that not a corker of a race ,well done to each and every one of you that ran,we appreciate all your kind remarks about the race ,the whole club and helpers around 80 of us work hard to make this race one of britians best so please vote again we think we deserve it.I am stepping down as race director and have enjoyed the last three years and have handed the famous yellow tie to the next Director John Bryan a great guy with many miles in his legs who will look after you all.
goodbye love you all
Love Running Love the 30k
xxxxxx
13/02/2006 at 12:18
algie audas..

well done on all your hard work and the effort you have put in. Its a great race.

Enjoy your retirement!! Well earned.

When will the results be on the web?

TR
MRF
13/02/2006 at 12:24
Loved the 30k.

Thanks Stamford for putting on a great event. Marhsalls and organisation as a whole were excellent. I like the race profile on the back of the t-shirt. It looks like the Himalayas !

Looking forward to seeing the results in print.
13/02/2006 at 13:56
Pitty we could not make it,

we would have hammered it !!
13/02/2006 at 16:10
Anyone know when the results will be posted and the web site for photos?
13/02/2006 at 16:38
13/02/2006 at 22:29
Hi folks
Results should be posted by tomorrow: I have sent them to Running Babe to put on the Striders' own website, plus they have gone to John Schofield at ukresults.net; give them time to upload them, please, but they will hopefully be on by tomorrow.

There is a pending query on the Ladies team results so those have not been released yet.

I've also done the St Valentines Pairs results and hope to have them in presentable format in a couple of hours, but since I am fairly sleep deprived atm may not get them off until tomorrow - apologies for any delay, but I'm sure you would rather have accurate confirmed results!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it makes the effort worthwhile, and well done to everybody who finished! Commiserations to the few who I know had to pull out for one reason or another, and hope you will be back running stronger than ever soon

Strider
13/02/2006 at 23:02
Thanks to all those involved with the race yesterday, especially those out on the course. Marshalling long races can mean standing around for a long time. Their enthusiasm was appreciated.

I could have done with some of what the 24K marshals had been taking to make those last hills easier.

Can't say that I've run a tougher course. All the more satisfying to have finished it. Roll on London

Thanks to Jane from Coventry for the company. London will be a lot easier than Sunday.

14/02/2006 at 06:33
Results are up at:

http://ukresults.net/2006/valentine.html

My official time agrees with my watch.
14/02/2006 at 08:30
Hi

Well done everyone - you all ran fantastically - and for those of you that won a prize, thanks for my kisses at the prize-giving - they were a fitting end to a very special day!

Results will be up on the club website by lunchtime today.

Hope you are all recovered now - the course really does take it out of your legs, but what a sense of achievement at the finish. You are all heroes in my book. See you all next year.

Anyone doing Milton Keynes Half next month - see you there if you are.
14/02/2006 at 08:32
Update: Results are on club website now:

http://www.stamfordstriders.co.uk

15/02/2006 at 08:28
Updated, final results are now up on the website,www.stamfordstriders.co.uk, complete with Valentine Pairs results.
15/02/2006 at 23:07
If you don't have excel for the results on the Striders' site, then the results on my site are in html
16/02/2006 at 00:44
Another big thanks here to the marshalls. I've stood out in the cold marshalling long races and it can get a bit miserable. Thanks for the high spirits. Great race to help prepare for London.
16/02/2006 at 09:49
First time I've run this and now my legs have recovered I can look back at what was a great event. Great marshalling, great course, great T-shirt. I'll certainly be doing this again and trying to drag a few more along with me next time.
16/02/2006 at 13:24
thanks fenland plodder comments like yours makes it all worthwhile
algie race director

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 159 of 159 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.