Suicide Six (ish) 10K

Go on you know you want to!!

201 to 220 of 346 messages
11/11/2005 at 06:15
Nah, is mom says it’s too dangerous
11/11/2005 at 07:53
Has anyone got a number who no longer can do it?
If so can you please contact me, my girlfriend left her entry too late and it is now sold out.

Many thanks
11/11/2005 at 07:57
Think there’s a queue forming Sven27.
11/11/2005 at 08:56
Sven-Give her your number to give the rest of us a chance of winning:-) How did you get on at Senneleys Park on Saturday. I was pleased with my 40:34. Think I started just behind you on the far left hand side of the field.
11/11/2005 at 11:52
MtB - Im not running it this year else I would!..Im expecting you to win it now! If you do let me know if theyve improved the prizes as they promised last year. I think I won a £25 sweatshop voucher. The organisers commment was "i wasnt expecting as many as this else i would have put better prizes on, and i will do next year"

As for Senneleys, it was my best run round there finished 36th overall, 15th in Brum League in 36.38, although I did get beaten by a few people I train with who are normally behind me in sessions...something to build on.

40.34 is good, I didnt run much quicker than that last year ( think it was about 39 something).
11/11/2005 at 12:05
Sven-Good result for you at Senneleys. I did notice you were beaten by a couple of your team mates.
I won't be winning but will be trying to stick to the group of Tiptonites for as long as possible. No doubt they will be blocking up the course to stop being overtaken again;-)
14/11/2005 at 07:22
Any further trading on numbers?

Do we know who is doing this now?
14/11/2005 at 10:44
Really looking forward to this now after yesterdays Sodbury Slog :-)

How are the legs today Waylander?
14/11/2005 at 10:47
Yes!

Yesterdays liitle training session at Sodbury Slog should make this a breeze!!
14/11/2005 at 11:03
What legs?

I think I left them there!!!
14/11/2005 at 11:33
I've been told the course has quite a bad bottle neck after the first half mile. Any other tips on the course? Looking at the photos it seems as if the left hand side of the stream crossing is easiest.
14/11/2005 at 14:17
Matt
I wouldn't have thought there'd be anyone around you after the first half a mile ! funny cos never usualy have anyone around me for the opposite reason
Waylander you'r such a tart
14/11/2005 at 17:06
Oh if theres a queue can I be next.....

Anyone.......
14/11/2005 at 17:09
Watch out for the tripwire for Ewoks at the water!!
14/11/2005 at 17:42
Hi all

I will be doing this. Used to live in the area and ran around Baggeridge a bit.

I have vague recollections of the course is there a map anywhere. I remember the lake at Himley running up the hill and through the woods, the watersplash, the slag heaps, the Baggeridge Brick access road, the steps and lots of woodland track - have I missed anything.

Also am I imagining it or did the race originally start and finish at Himley.

Finally I looked on the striders website but cannot see any previous results to get an idea of times, any idea where I will find them.
14/11/2005 at 17:57
Have a look on www.dk10k.co.uk
Last year's results are on there plus some pics to refresh your memory of the area.
14/11/2005 at 19:13
Well I'm ready but I'd like to know what to expect - I know there is a large stream to cross . Is there anything else? I'm only wearing shorts /T shirt as uaual for road races I can't see the point of wearing tracky bottoms or gloves etc as they'll get soaked .
14/11/2005 at 20:54
Paul - an idea of times. I'm a 39 minute 10k man and it took me 48 mins in this race last year (although I did have a cold, I remember).

Matt - seem to remember there's a bottleneck on a hill very early on. Would you believe some people stopped and walked last year, having gone off far too quick?!?! Apart from that, there's a fast downhill section into Himley Park, make the most of it. The 1/2 mile after the water is not nice if you manage to fall in like I did. And, finally, the steps!!! As soon as you get to the top, start your final sprint for the line - it's not as far as you think it's going to be.

Oh, disappointed I'm going to miss this :-(

Let me start a list of "standby" people (highest person in list to receive a number first!)

S S
Juicer
Sven's girlfriend
Prue (sorry Prue but Sven did ask first)
14/11/2005 at 22:25
Errm, I think I asked first. Didn't I? Maybe not.

But anyway, I'm the highest person in the list. It was a good evening that night in the coffee shop after the Amsterdam marathon, the effects have stayed with me :-)
14/11/2005 at 23:12
Not sure I'd asked at all:-) Knew you wouldn't mind though!! I'll make it up to you:-)
201 to 220 of 346 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.