Suicide Six (ish) 10K

Go on you know you want to!!

41 to 60 of 346 messages
20/09/2005 at 13:43
running caz: entry in post - another Beanie representative!
20/09/2005 at 13:55
I notice that my name is on the list for this, despite the fact I've never previously posted on this thread. That Pixie is really going to suffer...
20/09/2005 at 18:28
Slow boy
I'm sad to admit it but that Highlander has a point
21/09/2005 at 09:07
Above posting now printed framed and on my office wall.
21/09/2005 at 15:08
thought it only fair after all the compliments you send my way in training your suet puddingness
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/09/2005 at 15:09
moi??!!
21/09/2005 at 19:12
nibbs: I'm sad to admit it but that Highlander has a point

w'lander:Above posting now printed framed and on my office wall

nibbs:thought it only fair after all the compliments you send my way in training your suet puddingness

p***** myself reading this!

22/09/2005 at 08:20
Be careful Anthony. I think this may be going legal and you could get called as a witness to Nibbs insistent degrading of people who just try to point out his short comings of which there are many.
22/09/2005 at 09:23
Hi all - This is like a big reunion from last year (aside from there isn't any mention of COBRAs). Will send off my entry form later!

Am hoping to do better than last years poor attempt.
22/09/2005 at 12:44
Well funnily enough Mikey we didn’t want to put anybody off but the snake as turned. Or in this case returned.
22/09/2005 at 13:04
hows the legs waylander ?

22/09/2005 at 17:19
Now you’re scaring me thought you were a bit strange but didn’t know you had a thing about legs.

At least when yours go through the water on the race you can get the mud off from last years cross country.
22/09/2005 at 18:07
Dear God, just left the Christmas Pud 10M thread!?!?!!?

Just to add to the confussion, I thought I'd come and mess this thread up too .....

...... Is this one a road race? and Waylander, is your forum pic from this event cos it's putting me off a little? and do you get a chritmas pudding for this one ;-)

22/09/2005 at 18:19
Seem to be following you RC - don't do off-road as a rule but thought I'd take a peek.

--- know what you mean about Waylander's pic. looks like a scene from Counter Strike or possibly the streets of B'ham :)
22/09/2005 at 18:26
waylander on the streets of BRUM ! now there's provacation !
22/09/2005 at 23:58
Hi all, would anyone mind telling me a wee bit about the course? am thinking i might give it a bash. would need to fly down from scotland so need to know if its worth it, and what i would be letting myself in for.

Have so far only ran 5k, not sure if this would be a good first 10k?
23/09/2005 at 08:00
Now then, streets of Brum, err no but I can see why people would think that.

Is it from the event? No, far too tame.

Is it worth flying down from Scotland? This is defiantly one of our areas better runs for enjoyment in terms of getting down and dirty but it is not what you would do if you want to get a 10k PB. Not least because I think it is slightly over 10k but if you want great fun in an excellent setting this is the one.

Nibbs who told you what provocation meant?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/09/2005 at 08:04
if you have an excuse to come down then yes it's good
nice trails to run up and down and up and down and up and down with a few ups and down, some water (hehe) to splash through oh and 120 steps in the last 1/4m to climb up

yep nice course!
23/09/2005 at 08:13
Hi Nix,

The race name is quite accurate - there's plenty of hills throughout (some with steps), stiles, narrow bridges, the stream (with about 2 miles to go) which a few years ago did go past my waist and "Jakes Ladder" at the end which is about 120? steps up a steep hill.

The race depends on the weather - if it's wet there'll be ankle deep mud to contend with and some years a 1/2 mile straight is missed out on safety grounds (I think it was last year?) People sliding down the hills is a common sight, as is trainer-less runners at the finish courtesy of the mud.

As for travelling down from Scotland, it depends how serious you are about running - I find it a really challenging course but you really feel like you've achieved something at the end!
23/09/2005 at 12:07
waylander
does your picture have a groin attatchment on it ?
41 to 60 of 346 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.