Summer Marathons

5 messages
26/05/2010 at 15:36

Hello all,

I've had a bit of a look around and can't find many June/July/August marathons that grab my interest. Can anyone recommend anything (preferably in July/August) that's UK based and worth a run?

I know the summer's not the ideal time for them, which probably explains why there's so few!, but i'm keen to break up the year a bit

26/05/2010 at 16:12

I think you've answered your own question, Davey!  I assume you've tried searching in the events section?

If you're willing to go a bit further afield, there's the Tromso Midnight sun mara.

26/05/2010 at 16:18
There are a few about but not many. Have a look on the events section of the 100 marathons club website as they have quiet a comprehensive list.
26/05/2010 at 21:33
only Fleetwood in August that I can think of
27/05/2010 at 02:51
Not quite mainland UK  but there is one on the Isle of Man and one in Guernsey in August - did the Guernsey one last year, good fast course (except for boring last few miles through town) and well organised

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.