Surrey Spitfire 20

7 messages
18/03/2012 at 17:04

I completed the Surrey Spitfire today and wanted to comment on how well organised the event was. Mileage markers was so very clear, Marshall's were so helpful and there was even a team at the end to remove your chip!! only after completing the run do you realise how amazing/ essential the later is!!

The run itself was for the most part lovely and flat and went through some lovely parts of Surrey. I had heard horrible rumours that the last 3 miles were back around the Aerodrome. Thankfully the course must have changed this year as as soon as you arrived back at the Aerodrome you could see the finish flags! 

A fabulous race as part of your Marathon training and one i would definitely recommend.

Thanks a million Events to Live.

18/03/2012 at 18:03
Lovely and flat? We must have been running a different race !
19/03/2012 at 08:07
Thank you Kay. Your comments are very much appreciated. We changed the course after the first running of the event when people let us know they would prefer the aerodrome at the start rather than the finish ;0)

Mike Frog :0D Hills are friends innit.
19/03/2012 at 08:51
I ran this yesterday too and would agree, it's a very well run race with the right amount of runners so it feels like a nice race, always people near you but never anyone in your way. I'd agree that it's mainly flat, RunKeeper app has it at 858feet so over 20miles that's not too bad, one hill is a bit of a bugger though!

Well done organisers and well done runners.
19/03/2012 at 11:16
The results are now up on the website here
19/03/2012 at 16:15
Superb event.. This race filled me with confidence about my potential marathon pace last year which eventually led to a big PB in Dec. I was back again yesterday and it was even better.
19/03/2012 at 16:38

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.