Surrey Spitfire 20

mp3 players

4 messages
05/02/2013 at 22:00

How strict is the no headphones rule? Not only do i love running to music, I also use mine as a gps device to pace myself. I know most races say no headphones but iv never seen it enforced.

PG3
05/02/2013 at 22:18

I did this race last year and, despite usually running with music, I didnt use mine and dont remember seeing anyone else using theirs.  The race is on open but small country roads, no pavements, so using headphones would probably be quite dangerous.  

I am planning on doing the race again this year but will be leaving my ipod at home.  I can't see how there would be a problem with using an ipod type device as a gps without headphones.

Btw,  running without music is not as bad as you think 

UFO
05/02/2013 at 22:54

Probably no hassle. They'll make a note of your number and not include you in the results. Everybody wins, The organisers effectively disqualify you and meet their commitment and you get to run.

UFO
06/02/2013 at 19:05

I think they are serious about it and will exclude you from the results.  But if you just want to run and get a medal, that may not bother you.  It's ARC not UKA, so doesn't appear on runbritain if you are concerned about that kind of thing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.