Sussex Marathon

5 messages
01/04/2012 at 16:08

I did the Sussex Marathon (well half!) over in Heathfield today. It was very well organised, and was a great race. The timing chip was spot on accurate (take note Brighton), and there was a good feel about it. Yet there were maniac drivers from time to time. That aside it was a good race, but mile 12 was a killer. Such a hard hill. For the full marathon runners. My god!! to do that hill twice. Once was enough.

The highlight was (and am not gay before you say it) this guy running in his underpants, or speedo pants they looked like. It was hilarious.

Well to everyone who did it. Good on you. I did it in 1.42.00, and to the guy who chased me, or i chased to the finishing post, and we damn near finished same time, it was a good finish, and good note to end on.

01/04/2012 at 19:06
I did the marathon today and yes that last hill was harder second time around. A bit a killer course but enjoyed it. They always put on a good event and a special shout out to the marshalls awesome job by everyone. I'll be back next year if only to beat buzz lightyear
29/05/2012 at 17:04
fab run,my first hilly race,came 2 nd in my age group of fv5 ( but there was only the two of us) ha! going to come first next year.
04/01/2013 at 11:18

Hi there, thinking of enetering the half this year and was wondering if anyone could recommend good places to stay nearly?

05/01/2013 at 09:11

I dont know the area that well sorry, but i am sure there must be a Premiere Inn nearby. I am coming from Horsham, so is about an hours drive.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.