Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

241 to 260 of 39,444 messages
15/07/2005 at 14:00
Hiya,thanks for that info.
I'll have no choice but to go up to London after I get my GFA time then.
I'm not doing an extra marathon for nothing!

Bit of a nightmare but at least Cardiff is within the cut off,feel really sorry for the Abingdon people.

Sorry you're not feeling well,take it easy now for the rest of the day and if you don't feel 100% tomorrow don't run.You've had a hard few weeks and a day or two off won't hurt.

16/07/2005 at 07:34
Morning

Thanks Jen...I did take it easy and perked up nicely so out and done my 10 miler this morning...I feel great

Oh and I have become an Aunty for the 1st time a little nephew;-)

I shall go and order him his first running shoes and trek bike:-)
16/07/2005 at 10:19
Oooh congratulations!That's great news.

Yip,if you start training him now,he'll be ready for the 2024 Olympics,maybe even 2020 if he's really advanced!
16/07/2005 at 10:24
Well done on your run too,glad you're feeling better.

I did a 6 miler last night.I stupidly thought that running half of it on sand would give my legs a bit of a break seens as it was hard sand,but no,by the time I got to half way my legs were killing me and I just about made it back home!

Going on the bike this afternoon and got a lovely 15 miler tomorrow morning.Not sure of a route yet,any sugestions?
16/07/2005 at 10:42

Morning people,

Congrats Poppy. Excellent news.

Jen, sand is a killer. Some people do it barefoot too as they reckon it is better.

Nothing for me yesterday but will be running tonight. God knows what though - will have to see how I feel.

15 Miles ? My longest is Gowerton, Carmarthen Rd, High St, Kingsway, Mumbles Rd, Sketty Lane, Killay, Dunvant, Gowerton. Haven't really measured it but believe it to be over 12.
16/07/2005 at 11:01
Think i'm going to go up Afan Argoed to do it,I did most of my long runs for London up there.It's trail so a bit easier on the legs and nice and scenic.
Pretty much flat all the way round too.

I'm never going on the sand again,it's eeeevvvvviiilllllll.
16/07/2005 at 11:50
I loved doing my LSR in Afan argoed(FLM) and another valley up there and agree my favorite place to run very scenic.I love off road shame nothing like that in Swansea

I hate running on sand done it once needless to say never repeated the process and also did a 5k on Swansea beach for club it was the most horriblest experience ever.

I did 14 last week and coach wants me to do 5 mins extra but I may...sssssh don't tell I will do 15 miles instead if all goes well:-)

good luck tomorrow Jen!
16/07/2005 at 14:03
Hi all and congrats, Auntie Poppy!!

Glad you're feeling better.

I guess we all hate sand then!
16/07/2005 at 16:05
sand is my friend, did my usual saturday morning 7 on the beach and dunes, sand a bit soft, but worth the effort!

STICK UP FOR SAND!!!
16/07/2005 at 16:06
or probably much more poetic
STAND UP FOR SAND!!
16/07/2005 at 16:21
SUFS for short!

Just so people know my full stance on the matter of sand - it's ok when firm, but I'm not a fan of the soft stuff.

So, STAND UP FOR FIRM SAND - SUFFS!
16/07/2005 at 16:36
I'll get me coat...
16/07/2005 at 16:42
Nope I hate all sand!!!

SAY NO TO SAND-SNTS

Surely you cant be needing a coat on today;-)

Fancy joining tomorrow 5.30am for a 15 miler;-)
16/07/2005 at 19:05
only if its' on sand:)
17/07/2005 at 09:04
I was aiming it at Greeny as i know how he hates long runs;-) but sadly phil not on sand!!!

All done and dusted but not without a wee drama 200m I fell in a pot hole smack down on my front on concrete luckily I only cut my knee and hand but shook me up but continued but legs felt heavy so it was a slow run but I made a mistake timing in the time as it is out and back route and ended up out longer than I had planned 2.30

just need to get the tiny gravelly bits out of my cuts:-(

TDF the afternoon I LOVE the mountain stages GO LANCE GO
17/07/2005 at 10:28
Doh! Missed the long run!

Hope you get all the gravel out!

Off to Cardiff now for Mrs Greeny birthday treat...
17/07/2005 at 12:02
Hi folks,15 miles done and dusted for me too.Sorry to hear of your dramas WP,you ok now?
A fall like that really shakes you up doesn't it.

My 15 miler was one of the best i've ever done.Started at Bynea and went 7 1/2 down and then turned.I ran with one of the girls from club and we were quicker coming back.Only 4 minutes quicker but quicker we were! ;-) 2 hrs 16 and felt like I could've carried on all day.I've had my ice bath and am going out on my bike tonight after TDF has finished.

I'm ready to take the world on!

WP,take care and hope you're not too hurt.Well done on doing the run,I would've been well put off if that had happened to me so good on you.

SAY NO TO SAND-SNTS

17/07/2005 at 12:53

SAND-SNTS - Hmmmmmm ? Someone said to me once in the Gym, "The excercies you don't like are the ones that are best for you".

Off Fri, 10m on my bike (albeit the cycle path) yesterday. Was going to run in the evening but head in shed and sleep was the only relief.

Definatley out late tonight for a nice cool long run.
17/07/2005 at 14:18
Poppy, you wouldn't have fallen in a pot hole if you ran on SAND! Probably a rest day for me today, don't know yet depends if my bike ride I'm off on goes past a nice pub:)
18/07/2005 at 16:02
Afternoon :-)

Back in work

Jen- I thought i got away lightly but was picking gravel out of my cuts this morning and then both shoulders hurt and bone by my hip hurts and have a bruise.I have fallen before although at FLM 2004 was a really bad fall and picked myself up and finished so I guess I am used to it!

I dont feel too bad about run know I have seen your time as I did around 15.4 in 2.30

Got into work to find my I LOVE THE TOUR DE FRANCE t shirt had come from France as well as my yellow jersey:-)

Phil I know but SAND is evil

Greeny- Whast did you get Mrs Greeny in Cardiff then.....not running trainers ;-)

6 recovery miles this morning it was hard as everything ached but by 5 miles it started to come together.

tomorrow is a fast 12 so will be challenging to say the least:-)

How is everyones training?

i rushed home from work ready to watch TDF to find I had forgotten about their rest day!!!!
241 to 260 of 39,444 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.