Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,601 to 36,620 of 39,576 messages
03/09/2012 at 07:45

Mornign all, its misty here.

03/09/2012 at 08:12

Morning all  we raced the Hay Hillraiser yesterday which is 7 miles up, 4.3 down and bloody steep

I've always had my best races on hilly courses  my pb for 10k is Tenby  and my marathon pb is Tenby as well  so I was hoping to do well in a race which is only hills

Thought I'd try and be brave and go off with the front runners and see how long I could stay with them  1st mile in 6.35 probably wasn't a great idea

Had a lovely race, great scenery but my god those hills are steep  we left straight after the race as although I knew I was fairly high up the field the M40 group usually fills the first 6 or 7 places so I never place in my group.

Just checked the results 13th overall and 1st M40  but missed out on my moment of glory  really really pleased though and Mrs Jones got 3rd F40 as well 

03/09/2012 at 09:30

Morning

That was an excellent reslult Jones, for both yourself and Mrs Jones. Well done Seems that fortune does in fact favour the brave - that first mile must have been a killer. Now you know what your strategy has to be for future races - hang on to the front runners for two miles next time!

Was nice here first thing Alex - then you must have sent the mist along!!

03/09/2012 at 11:19

Morning campers!

Well done Jones, what a result! You'll have to it all over again now so you can have your moment of glory!

We are just back from holidays. It was lovely but I am now very fat and unfit, so there's a plan for the winter - lose weight and run lots!

03/09/2012 at 21:15

Evening all

Excellent running Jones.  Well done to you both.  How is the house move going?

Tracey - thats what holidays are for.  Relaxing and not caring. 

Turned into a lovely day here.  Better late than never!

Lets hope its like this for the pie fest.  I loves pie.........................

03/09/2012 at 21:56

Jones, you are on the cusp of greatness. Well done to you and Mrs J.

I am fat and unfit too Tracey. Feel like I have a massive stomach. Too much pie maybe ?

04/09/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

You can never have too much pie

04/09/2012 at 08:06

Morning

Definately agree with Nutty - never too much pie! Will have to make a salad pie just for you Alex

Back to school here today - Boffette's first day in High School - first day of wearing a tie as well!

04/09/2012 at 10:10

Morning folks, nice lie in this morning as Andrea back in work Kids are still snoozing.

School for Adam starts tomorrow. He is in year 1.5. The allege that they have not put the dim kids in year 1 and the brighter in year 1.5 but I have my suspicions. (Well, I would wouldn't I)

Two days running done yesterday and day before so hoping to make it a third in a row tonight.

04/09/2012 at 10:22

Morning

I hate that mixed year thing. It's bad enough when your kid is the youngest in the class and you have to hope they are bright enough to keep up (not a problem for wa) but next year when he's the oldest in the class and spends half his time helping the younger children...

My middle child's teacher told me at parents' evening once that she didn't know what she'd do without Tom to help her with the maths classes! Grrrr! She could try doing her job properly for a start!

Day one of sixth form for him today. He went off wearing black jeans and a black T shirt, looking very handsome and grown up.

04/09/2012 at 21:44

Evening all

Boffin - hope Boffette enjoyed her first day.

Tracey - hope Tom had a good day too.

WA - I am sure wa will be the star of the class.

Children - I can give loads of advice having been a child myself years ago but no experience since I am afraid.  Just a barren old mare now!

05/09/2012 at 07:15

Morning all

Looks like a nice one

05/09/2012 at 07:41

Anyone who makes lemon drizzle cake like Nutty is not entitled to use the word 'barren'.

The last people you should ever expect to make sense about children are parents, they are too involved, Not that children can be made any sense of, they are people, and since when did people ever make sense?

05/09/2012 at 08:07

Morning

Hear hear! Mmmmm lemon drizzle cake

Parents huh! We spend all this time teaching children to walk and talk, and once they can we tell them to sit down and shut up!!

Well done running Alex - that is why the sun is shining - the weather is pleased with you I am sure wa will get your moneys worth out of school Is he starting full days now, or the half day nonsense?

There we were, all excited to hear of Boffette's first day in High School - "How was your day?" we ask, " oh nothing special" she replies! One day and she already treats it as the normal drudge of school life!!

Having moved from a school where there were only 19 children in the entire school, and only four in her year, to one with around 1000 on role, one would have thought it would have been an experience?

05/09/2012 at 21:36

Evening all

Children eh?  You just never know how they will react to things - much like the rest of us really....!

Nice day out there.  Love this time of year

I seem to be known across the land for my baking.  Can't be bad

06/09/2012 at 07:12

Morning all

Stunning day again

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/09/2012 at 07:41

morning

it's coolerr than it looks at the moment, just did a cheeky 3 miles before work! I must say, early mornings are my time when it comes to getting out there!

06/09/2012 at 07:57

Morning

In process of getting kids sorted. Spent some time awake with Daniel who decided he was hungry @ 3am. Still, feeling ok now. Can hardly believe the nice weather.

06/09/2012 at 07:58

Morning

Well done getting your run in this morning Sue

Glangwili General Hospital get their turn to prod and poke this morning - I have an appointment with the Fracture Clinic; lets see if they agree to me driving. Be interesting to have a chat about the heel; I don't think there is much wrong with the heel, just hurts a bit - nothing like it did and I can almost walk on it unaided. I reckon it must have been a tiny fracture.

The back is the issue for driving - being sat and possibly turning to see left and right?

06/09/2012 at 08:08

Good luck Boff. As long as your insurance covers you, it's got to be worth a try, living where you do without transport can't be much fun.

I still have pain every morning from my heel. I keep trying to run, think it's OK while I'm running but then it's awfully sore again next day.

Won't go today though, was awake a lot coughing last night and have an ear infection.

On the plus sign, the Italian bakery where I used to work have started making the most amazing dessert - Italian custard and cinammon pie - coo-er what a joy! I will get him to make one for the pie fest, you're gonna like this!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.