Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,601 to 36,620 of 39,287 messages
01/09/2012 at 05:37
Good luck Sue
seren nos    pirate
01/09/2012 at 06:55

morning.looks lovely out there Sue.......

Back from a week at the caravan wiothout internet.had some lovely runs as managed to time them between the heavy rain storms.........didn't get Tracey weather....

anyone racing this weekend.....

running club are having a BBQ with some fun relays today .but got to get the boys to hockey before then.so hopefully will get all the washing sorted before them

01/09/2012 at 08:59

Morning

Nice day for a walk along the coast Sue

Nothing beats reality does ot Seren - have a lovely holiday to get home and do the washing! Enjoy your BBQ.

I am quite sure I will not be racing this weekend... quite the contrary, I get constant jibes about being a slow coach and always in the way!!;)

01/09/2012 at 09:31

Morning

The coast is a nice place. I have always meant to run that MacMarathon thing, one day maybe. I am not quite up to the distance right now.

Looking forward to going to Boffins for pie here, it will be good.

01/09/2012 at 20:37

Evening all

Hope you had a good day Sue.

Seren - a woman's work is never done.  Hope you made it to the bbq.

Boffin - you will get there.  Racing can wait

WA - it will be good to have a gathering and some pie all together.  Its been too long. 

02/09/2012 at 05:40
Morning all

Hardly slept last night. These things happen.....

Boffin - do you sleep well with your back?
02/09/2012 at 11:58

Morning

Mmmmmm pie

Good and bad with this back; Tracey mentioned her broken leg and the pain, I would think Tracey had more pain with her leg than I get with my back, although the discomfort I get is more a nagging ache than pain as such. So yes, good there is little, if any, actual pain - but bad with the ache which does tend to wake me in the night. I think little more than all of us - only we would roll over in the night and that is one thing I cant do at the moment. So I wake up and contemplate the options of getting up and moving about - only that would mean putting my back brace on (which would mean getting Sweetie up as well), so I don't bother and just have to wait till I fall back to sleep again!

Poor sleep is probably a lot to do with being innactive all day and so not exactly tired by bed time.

Plenty of time to catch up with sleep once I am better

02/09/2012 at 21:13

Evening all

Boffin - time is a great healer.  Pie fest will soon be here.  Really looking forward to it.

Brightened up this afternoon

02/09/2012 at 22:31

Evening

I reckon pie is a great healer as well  Mmmmmm Pie

03/09/2012 at 07:31

Morning all

Lovely day

03/09/2012 at 07:45

Mornign all, its misty here.

03/09/2012 at 08:12

Morning all  we raced the Hay Hillraiser yesterday which is 7 miles up, 4.3 down and bloody steep

I've always had my best races on hilly courses  my pb for 10k is Tenby  and my marathon pb is Tenby as well  so I was hoping to do well in a race which is only hills

Thought I'd try and be brave and go off with the front runners and see how long I could stay with them  1st mile in 6.35 probably wasn't a great idea

Had a lovely race, great scenery but my god those hills are steep  we left straight after the race as although I knew I was fairly high up the field the M40 group usually fills the first 6 or 7 places so I never place in my group.

Just checked the results 13th overall and 1st M40  but missed out on my moment of glory  really really pleased though and Mrs Jones got 3rd F40 as well 

03/09/2012 at 09:30

Morning

That was an excellent reslult Jones, for both yourself and Mrs Jones. Well done Seems that fortune does in fact favour the brave - that first mile must have been a killer. Now you know what your strategy has to be for future races - hang on to the front runners for two miles next time!

Was nice here first thing Alex - then you must have sent the mist along!!

03/09/2012 at 11:19

Morning campers!

Well done Jones, what a result! You'll have to it all over again now so you can have your moment of glory!

We are just back from holidays. It was lovely but I am now very fat and unfit, so there's a plan for the winter - lose weight and run lots!

03/09/2012 at 21:15

Evening all

Excellent running Jones.  Well done to you both.  How is the house move going?

Tracey - thats what holidays are for.  Relaxing and not caring. 

Turned into a lovely day here.  Better late than never!

Lets hope its like this for the pie fest.  I loves pie.........................

03/09/2012 at 21:56

Jones, you are on the cusp of greatness. Well done to you and Mrs J.

I am fat and unfit too Tracey. Feel like I have a massive stomach. Too much pie maybe ?

04/09/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

You can never have too much pie

04/09/2012 at 08:06

Morning

Definately agree with Nutty - never too much pie! Will have to make a salad pie just for you Alex

Back to school here today - Boffette's first day in High School - first day of wearing a tie as well!

04/09/2012 at 10:10

Morning folks, nice lie in this morning as Andrea back in work Kids are still snoozing.

School for Adam starts tomorrow. He is in year 1.5. The allege that they have not put the dim kids in year 1 and the brighter in year 1.5 but I have my suspicions. (Well, I would wouldn't I)

Two days running done yesterday and day before so hoping to make it a third in a row tonight.

04/09/2012 at 10:22

Morning

I hate that mixed year thing. It's bad enough when your kid is the youngest in the class and you have to hope they are bright enough to keep up (not a problem for wa) but next year when he's the oldest in the class and spends half his time helping the younger children...

My middle child's teacher told me at parents' evening once that she didn't know what she'd do without Tom to help her with the maths classes! Grrrr! She could try doing her job properly for a start!

Day one of sixth form for him today. He went off wearing black jeans and a black T shirt, looking very handsome and grown up.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.