Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,801 to 36,820 of 39,546 messages
03/10/2012 at 07:15

Morning all  still here  I've had a pain in my upper chest on the left hand side since we ran the silly hilly race in Hay on Wye

It doesn't hurt all the time just when I breathe in very deeply and only in the very last bit of breath  putting my left arm in the air and stretching towards the right eases it so I'm guessing its muscle damage from trying to run fast downhill which I'm crap at

It doesn't really affect me when running so I'm not too worried

03/10/2012 at 07:56

Morning all

Jones - get it checked out.  There is more to life than running...

Sue - sorry to hear about your bump in the car.  Shame about insurance too.

Wintry day.  Hail first thing.  Managed 4 miles across the front this morning

03/10/2012 at 08:21

Morning all

Sue - ugh, I bet you've got shed lods of no claims as well.

Trying to decide if I should risk cycling to work so it's convenient for going straight to the pool when I finish at lunchtime, or getting OH to give me a lift and dealing with the temptation presented by coming home before the pool. There is always something here that stops me going back out. Where do you guys get your will power from? Can I get it online?

seren nos    pirate
03/10/2012 at 08:32

bad news Sue....hope that you are physically ok......

its dry at the moment.but the torrential storms we are having is putting me off a bike ride.going to take my mother to aqua aerobics

03/10/2012 at 10:42

Morning

Pity about the car and no claims Sue - only a car, I trust nobody was hurt which has to be the main thing.

Only hurts when you breath Jones - no problem there then, just avoid breathing and you are sorted! Sounds like you have probably pulled a muscle which will likely rectify itself in time - I would take it easy for a bit but keep progress in mind and get professional advice if you don't improve or symptoms worsen?

Clear skies here this morning (4:30am) but clouded over by 5 and was lobbing it down by half six - bright sunshine now with blue skies - go figure!

03/10/2012 at 21:34

Evening all

Tracey - hope you get your run, swim or cycle done.  Family, work and everything means not a lot of time for sport.

Boffin - it was thundery here early this morning.  Slippery underfoot so slid down to the shop for my paper!

Sue - hope you weren't shaken by the bump.  These things are upsetting.

Cold out tonight but enjoyed the run. 

Seren - are yo doing VLM next year?

seren nos    pirate
03/10/2012 at 21:52

No VLM for me next year.its terrys turn 

04/10/2012 at 07:32

Sue, protected no claims is a con anyway so you are not missing much. If your no claims is protected you will have to stay with your current insurer next time and all that is protected is the percentage off the premium. The premium will be higher because you have had a prang. You may be better off with 2 years less and shopping about.

Jones, glad to hear you are still with us.

I understand it is not going to rain today either.

04/10/2012 at 07:49

Morning folks

Insurance is a con. Not suggesting I can think of a reasonable alternative, but the system we have is rubbish.

We won the pub quiz again last night, second time on the trot!

04/10/2012 at 07:52
Morning
04/10/2012 at 08:49

Morning all

seren nos    pirate
04/10/2012 at 09:12

morning.tyoical is sunny and today is my swim morning

04/10/2012 at 21:09

Evening all

How are we all?

Seren - it was cold outside so swimming is okay.  Nice time of year for running.

Three weeks and some of us will be heading up north for Snowdon marathon.  Mad or what?!!  Next year, short distance races me thinks

04/10/2012 at 23:08

Evening all.

Sorry to hear about your bump Sue!

Top of the class to Tracey!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/10/2012 at 05:35

morning

Nutty, since when was Llanelli Mara a short distance race???

Thanks for the comments re the car bump. It wasn't a huge crash or anything, both of us were going very slowly, and no unpleasantness about it either thank goodness. I did apologise to the young man once I realised that it was my fault and he was fine about it. "accidents happen" he said. I rang the insurance company, they were brill. I get to take my car to Days today, they will give me a courtesy car and sort mine. The offside wing is very slightly out of alignment, you have to look for it, otherwise no damage. I'll lose 3 years no claims, but be back to full no claims in 2 years, so not as bad as I thought. They've also sorted the other party without me having to do any more. The only challenge I have today, is to get away from work in time to get the car in!

seren nos    pirate
05/10/2012 at 07:40

these things do happen Sue and pleased that it was done without any unpleasantness.........

i am decluttering here ready for major redecorating...I'm filling bag after bag for charity, recycling and rubbish.........but the rooms still seem to be the same

05/10/2012 at 07:46

Morning....

Just don't worry Sue, its a shame but it is what insurance is for.

The sheer volume of rain we have had this year is getting ridiculous. It is forecast for next week too.

05/10/2012 at 07:50

Morning campers!

Sue - that doesn't sound too bad, certainly could have been a lot worse, good stuff.

Seren - our house is like that too, where does it all come from?! We moved house twice in six months before we got this house and the rental house managed to fill up with rubbish just as badly despite the fact that we were only there for a short time and trying very hard not to collect any more stuff which would need moving. It's lovely when it'd done though, feels very smug and comfy, for a few weeks till it starts building up again...

Think I might have a day off sport today apart from the short ride to work. Have swum or run every day this week and am feeling too virtuous.

05/10/2012 at 07:51

Morning all

Glad you are okay Sue.  The car can be fixed. 

Seren - having a clear out is like cleansing the soul!

The original plan was not to do a marathon at all next year then I missed Llanelli this year.  Next autumn, I am going to concentrate on shorter distance.  Definitely no marathon.....

The rain has been unbelievable WA.  Cross country should be a laugh.

Have a good one all.  At least it's Friday.

05/10/2012 at 07:54

A laugh indeed Nutty.

And I have to say too that Nutty and saw Steve out last night. He was going like a train; looking good there Steve.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.