Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,801 to 36,820 of 39,429 messages
seren nos    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:05

good work sue...........would love to do that welsh sportive but i think its close to outlaw

01/10/2012 at 21:06

Evening all

I am in too Sue .  Sportive sounds interesting.

See you there Seren.

Boffin - there really is no stopping you now.

Looking forward to a curry and a few glasses of wine after Snowdon. The curry will happen but probably not the wine!! One sip and I am legless

02/10/2012 at 07:22

Morning all

Wet out there again today

seren nos    pirate
02/10/2012 at 07:35

yes.I'm heading for the pool

02/10/2012 at 07:51

I went to the pool yesterday.  First proper swim for ages, nearly killed me!

02/10/2012 at 10:22

Morning

Just step outside and you are in the pool!

I like the pudding run - utterly pointless and a good giggle.

02/10/2012 at 18:06

Evening all  has anyone on here damaged their intercostal muscle ? Well I'm hoping its that anyway  that's the best my expert 'google search' self diagnosis can come up with other than I'm having a heart attack

02/10/2012 at 21:22

Evening all

Jones - hope you are okay.  How is Mrs Jones?

It was a wet one today Boffin.

Tracey - its surprising how hard swimming becomes when you don't go for a while.  I haven't been for a few weeks and may leave it till after Snowdon. 

Sue - if you want to share a lift to the Christmas Pudding race, I will be going with Paula.

02/10/2012 at 22:31

Evening .... go to A&E steve, they will tell you if it is a heart attack soon enough, maybe even phone 999.

Have entered the pudding run anyway.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/10/2012 at 05:30

morning

that's fab NR, thanks

Pranged the car last night, my fault , I was edging out of a side road around the parked cars, didn't see the car coming from my left. What's more, I discover that I don't have a protected no claims - bugger!

03/10/2012 at 07:15

Morning all  still here  I've had a pain in my upper chest on the left hand side since we ran the silly hilly race in Hay on Wye

It doesn't hurt all the time just when I breathe in very deeply and only in the very last bit of breath  putting my left arm in the air and stretching towards the right eases it so I'm guessing its muscle damage from trying to run fast downhill which I'm crap at

It doesn't really affect me when running so I'm not too worried

03/10/2012 at 07:56

Morning all

Jones - get it checked out.  There is more to life than running...

Sue - sorry to hear about your bump in the car.  Shame about insurance too.

Wintry day.  Hail first thing.  Managed 4 miles across the front this morning

03/10/2012 at 08:21

Morning all

Sue - ugh, I bet you've got shed lods of no claims as well.

Trying to decide if I should risk cycling to work so it's convenient for going straight to the pool when I finish at lunchtime, or getting OH to give me a lift and dealing with the temptation presented by coming home before the pool. There is always something here that stops me going back out. Where do you guys get your will power from? Can I get it online?

seren nos    pirate
03/10/2012 at 08:32

bad news Sue....hope that you are physically ok......

its dry at the moment.but the torrential storms we are having is putting me off a bike ride.going to take my mother to aqua aerobics

03/10/2012 at 10:42

Morning

Pity about the car and no claims Sue - only a car, I trust nobody was hurt which has to be the main thing.

Only hurts when you breath Jones - no problem there then, just avoid breathing and you are sorted! Sounds like you have probably pulled a muscle which will likely rectify itself in time - I would take it easy for a bit but keep progress in mind and get professional advice if you don't improve or symptoms worsen?

Clear skies here this morning (4:30am) but clouded over by 5 and was lobbing it down by half six - bright sunshine now with blue skies - go figure!

03/10/2012 at 21:34

Evening all

Tracey - hope you get your run, swim or cycle done.  Family, work and everything means not a lot of time for sport.

Boffin - it was thundery here early this morning.  Slippery underfoot so slid down to the shop for my paper!

Sue - hope you weren't shaken by the bump.  These things are upsetting.

Cold out tonight but enjoyed the run. 

Seren - are yo doing VLM next year?

seren nos    pirate
03/10/2012 at 21:52

No VLM for me next year.its terrys turn 

04/10/2012 at 07:32

Sue, protected no claims is a con anyway so you are not missing much. If your no claims is protected you will have to stay with your current insurer next time and all that is protected is the percentage off the premium. The premium will be higher because you have had a prang. You may be better off with 2 years less and shopping about.

Jones, glad to hear you are still with us.

I understand it is not going to rain today either.

04/10/2012 at 07:49

Morning folks

Insurance is a con. Not suggesting I can think of a reasonable alternative, but the system we have is rubbish.

We won the pub quiz again last night, second time on the trot!

04/10/2012 at 07:52
Morning
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.