Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,841 to 36,860 of 39,542 messages
08/10/2012 at 07:31

Morning all

Here we go again.

seren nos    pirate
08/10/2012 at 07:51

good running on here this weekend.the weather was great for it,.....I went mountain biking in bristol saturday.but I was on my hybrid......I am aching from holding on a bit tight  whilst trying to stop myself screaming and swearing.........

then a nice run yesterday.only 5.4 miles but the first run in a week

08/10/2012 at 07:55

Morning

08/10/2012 at 07:59

Morning

I'm sure it was a great post Tracey...running without pain - and in the sunshine, things are looking up

08/10/2012 at 21:08

Evening all

Seren - it was  a lovely weekend.  Nice to get out in dry weather.

A few of us are doing the Pudding Run so anyone fancy something to eat afterwards?

Three weeks and I can relax, eat loads (even more than usual) and not have to worry about marathon training for  a while

09/10/2012 at 07:37

Morning

seren nos    pirate
09/10/2012 at 07:50

morning...can't decide what the weather is going to do ...but its cold here

09/10/2012 at 07:51

"I am aching from holding on a bit tight  whilst trying to stop myself screaming and swearing."

That comment also relates to the cycling is it Seren ?

09/10/2012 at 08:20

Morning folks

Alex - lol

What a day yesterday was! Get kids sorted, work, swimming, more work, cook tea, evening class, internet shopping, marking, book, bed. Was utterly exhausted and then, most unusual for me, couldn't sleep as was so overwrought.

Today will hopefully be quieter...

09/10/2012 at 08:21

Morning

;)

A bit of early shearing this morning - one of the ram lambs decided to get too close to some bramble and got itself stuck. Poor thing would havb been there all night in its prickly bed. I cut it free, broken back and all, did it thank me? Nope, off it wandered and straight to eating grass.

Nice to know you are appreciated!

Edited: 09/10/2012 at 08:21
seren nos    pirate
09/10/2012 at 08:21

I am painting this morning.....getting rid of the blue radiaotrs and pipes that I liked 15 years ago.........wonder how many coats will be needed

09/10/2012 at 08:58

Morning all  well done all you racers and sheep rescuers  painting radiator pipes doesn't sound much fun  I bet even less so by the 3rd coat

Just off to Oxwich to run to Rhossili and back, probably won't get to Rhossili village but 20 mile trail run should be fun in this weather  

Edited: 09/10/2012 at 08:59
seren nos    pirate
09/10/2012 at 09:09

I have 3 big radiators to paint........and realised i have a fireplce and the gas cupboard..why on earth is it all blue

09/10/2012 at 22:07

Evening all

Well done  Boffin.  As they say, never work with children and animals......

Tracey - hope today has been a better one for you.

Seren - hope the decorating went well.

Jones - your training sounds as if it has gone well.  You are flying.

Nice night for a run. 

10/10/2012 at 08:04

Morning all  I think this marathon is going to be a little tougher than I thought

We ran the last 7 miles and the first 3 miles of it yesterday, parked in Port Eynon and ran the 7 miles to Rhossili, then up the stupidly steep hill onto Rhossili Down which is the start route, turned around and ran back to Port Eynon

I think we've run the hardest parts of the course so at least it won't be too much of a shock come race day

We did have a bit of a rest at 15 miles to pick some blackberries and had a lovely blackberry crumble for tea

10/10/2012 at 08:09

Wow Jones, running up to Rhossili Down? That's proper hard stuff!

The smaller of my Siamese kittens, the one that's not much bigger than a rat, has just  'run off ' with Tom's entire lunch - she dragged four cheese and ham sandwiches, all wrapped up in cling film, out of the kitchen and had got as far as the hall before we caught her. I reckon she could do Snowdonia Marathon, she's determined enough!

seren nos    pirate
10/10/2012 at 08:12

painting was a big fail so starting agian this morning

tracey........sounds like she thought is was alive

10/10/2012 at 10:16

Morning

Thieving cat! Reminds me of a time when I was at conference and Sweetie had just made herself a nice steak dinner - she was distracted and had to see to the children (another story!), when she got back the steak was gone and so was the cat! The cat left the veggies though - considerate of it!!

Some serious training going on there Jones

Get everyone to wear tinted glasses Seren - then you don't have to re-decorate!

10/10/2012 at 10:17

Well done to the Jones and Mrs Jones. I have an urge for blackberry tart now.

10/10/2012 at 21:04

Evening all

Jones - I went blackberry picking a few weeks ago.  Nothing quite like it! 

Tracey - those kittens are a bit of a liability!!!  Entertaining though.

Seren - glad the painting is done.

Another week slipping by.  Two more weeks and a bit and I can relax

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.