Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,861 to 36,880 of 39,287 messages
seren nos    pirate
09/10/2012 at 08:21

I am painting this morning.....getting rid of the blue radiaotrs and pipes that I liked 15 years ago.........wonder how many coats will be needed

09/10/2012 at 08:58

Morning all  well done all you racers and sheep rescuers  painting radiator pipes doesn't sound much fun  I bet even less so by the 3rd coat

Just off to Oxwich to run to Rhossili and back, probably won't get to Rhossili village but 20 mile trail run should be fun in this weather  

Edited: 09/10/2012 at 08:59
seren nos    pirate
09/10/2012 at 09:09

I have 3 big radiators to paint........and realised i have a fireplce and the gas cupboard..why on earth is it all blue

09/10/2012 at 22:07

Evening all

Well done  Boffin.  As they say, never work with children and animals......

Tracey - hope today has been a better one for you.

Seren - hope the decorating went well.

Jones - your training sounds as if it has gone well.  You are flying.

Nice night for a run. 

10/10/2012 at 08:04

Morning all  I think this marathon is going to be a little tougher than I thought

We ran the last 7 miles and the first 3 miles of it yesterday, parked in Port Eynon and ran the 7 miles to Rhossili, then up the stupidly steep hill onto Rhossili Down which is the start route, turned around and ran back to Port Eynon

I think we've run the hardest parts of the course so at least it won't be too much of a shock come race day

We did have a bit of a rest at 15 miles to pick some blackberries and had a lovely blackberry crumble for tea

10/10/2012 at 08:09

Wow Jones, running up to Rhossili Down? That's proper hard stuff!

The smaller of my Siamese kittens, the one that's not much bigger than a rat, has just  'run off ' with Tom's entire lunch - she dragged four cheese and ham sandwiches, all wrapped up in cling film, out of the kitchen and had got as far as the hall before we caught her. I reckon she could do Snowdonia Marathon, she's determined enough!

seren nos    pirate
10/10/2012 at 08:12

painting was a big fail so starting agian this morning

tracey........sounds like she thought is was alive

10/10/2012 at 10:16

Morning

Thieving cat! Reminds me of a time when I was at conference and Sweetie had just made herself a nice steak dinner - she was distracted and had to see to the children (another story!), when she got back the steak was gone and so was the cat! The cat left the veggies though - considerate of it!!

Some serious training going on there Jones

Get everyone to wear tinted glasses Seren - then you don't have to re-decorate!

10/10/2012 at 10:17

Well done to the Jones and Mrs Jones. I have an urge for blackberry tart now.

10/10/2012 at 21:04

Evening all

Jones - I went blackberry picking a few weeks ago.  Nothing quite like it! 

Tracey - those kittens are a bit of a liability!!!  Entertaining though.

Seren - glad the painting is done.

Another week slipping by.  Two more weeks and a bit and I can relax

seren nos    pirate
10/10/2012 at 22:09

only just the strat of the painting nutty..........going to take me a month to do it all,...........

11/10/2012 at 08:10

Morning

Still a few blackberries on the bushes Alex if you are quick... I went foraging yesterday for blackberries to have with dinner. Seems I amy have missed the Elderberries this year though as they seem to have mainly been had by birds already - was aiming for more wine this season - darned back!

I'm sure it will be worth it once you are finished Seren - then you can relax and enjoy it; then before you know, it will be time to decorate again!!!

11/10/2012 at 08:20

Morning all

Won the pub quiz again last night - three in  a row!

I somehow seem to be hosting a meal for 11 on Saturday night, having people here for the weekend and driving a car full of runners to Cardiff for the half. So much for my quiet weekend.

11/10/2012 at 21:49

Evening all

I have got a load of blackberries in the freezer.  Will save them for the next pie fest.

Tracey - life eh?  Well done on the quiz night.

Last long run for me this weekend before Snowdon.  A few more weeks....

12/10/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

Friday and blue skies

seren nos    pirate
12/10/2012 at 07:49

great going on the pub quizzes tracey..

i think it might have stopped rsining............and i think there is a problem with the sky as i can see some blue tinges

12/10/2012 at 09:53

Morning

A bit odd, I agree Seren, there is a large yellow thing in the sky as well - curious.

Very few Elderberries to be had and not so many sloes either - might not be making as much sloe gin this year

Was a bad year for fruit - late frost and high winds did for most of the top fruit, slugs took out my strawberries and the hungy birds are having everything else!

As for them squirrels...

12/10/2012 at 22:33

Evening ....

Lots of rain today with as you say Boff a few odd bits in the middle.

Nice one on the Quiz tracey.

22 Miler with Nutty tomorrow. Its been a mixed bag, running, of late. Really hoping I find it easy tomorrow. Wed was a 10m struggle, last night not to easy 5, tonight I was going well over 5 so tomorrow is anyones bet.

13/10/2012 at 08:42

Morning

Here's hoping for a good 22 miles then Alex

lovely morning out there - might even go foraging for left over berries!

13/10/2012 at 20:25

Evening all

It was a lovely day Boffin. Did you get any berries?

Bit nippy over Afan Argoed but 22 miles done and dusted.

Good luck to all of you doing Cardiff Half tomorrow.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.