Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,861 to 36,880 of 39,575 messages
seren nos yn canu    pirate
10/10/2012 at 22:09

only just the strat of the painting nutty..........going to take me a month to do it all,...........

11/10/2012 at 08:10

Morning

Still a few blackberries on the bushes Alex if you are quick... I went foraging yesterday for blackberries to have with dinner. Seems I amy have missed the Elderberries this year though as they seem to have mainly been had by birds already - was aiming for more wine this season - darned back!

I'm sure it will be worth it once you are finished Seren - then you can relax and enjoy it; then before you know, it will be time to decorate again!!!

11/10/2012 at 08:20

Morning all

Won the pub quiz again last night - three in  a row!

I somehow seem to be hosting a meal for 11 on Saturday night, having people here for the weekend and driving a car full of runners to Cardiff for the half. So much for my quiet weekend.

11/10/2012 at 21:49

Evening all

I have got a load of blackberries in the freezer.  Will save them for the next pie fest.

Tracey - life eh?  Well done on the quiz night.

Last long run for me this weekend before Snowdon.  A few more weeks....

12/10/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

Friday and blue skies

12/10/2012 at 07:49

great going on the pub quizzes tracey..

i think it might have stopped rsining............and i think there is a problem with the sky as i can see some blue tinges

12/10/2012 at 09:53

Morning

A bit odd, I agree Seren, there is a large yellow thing in the sky as well - curious.

Very few Elderberries to be had and not so many sloes either - might not be making as much sloe gin this year

Was a bad year for fruit - late frost and high winds did for most of the top fruit, slugs took out my strawberries and the hungy birds are having everything else!

As for them squirrels...

12/10/2012 at 22:33

Evening ....

Lots of rain today with as you say Boff a few odd bits in the middle.

Nice one on the Quiz tracey.

22 Miler with Nutty tomorrow. Its been a mixed bag, running, of late. Really hoping I find it easy tomorrow. Wed was a 10m struggle, last night not to easy 5, tonight I was going well over 5 so tomorrow is anyones bet.

13/10/2012 at 08:42

Morning

Here's hoping for a good 22 miles then Alex

lovely morning out there - might even go foraging for left over berries!

13/10/2012 at 20:25

Evening all

It was a lovely day Boffin. Did you get any berries?

Bit nippy over Afan Argoed but 22 miles done and dusted.

Good luck to all of you doing Cardiff Half tomorrow.

14/10/2012 at 07:57

Morning

Not sorry I am missing the Cardiff Half. Not done it for years now. Looks cold out there this morning but at least it is not raining.

Snowdon should be good but really the amount of training you have to do to get really good at running 26 miles is way too much for anyone with anything else to do in their lives. (Bear in mind that as much as I have recorded some tidy mara times I have never been really good at the distance.)

14/10/2012 at 07:59

Oh, and a mate of mine is doing the Endura Gower Coastal Marathon. He told me about the course the other day and I believe that it is actually ridiculously hard. So heard in fact that I reckon you could do yourself some long term physical damage trying to run it.

14/10/2012 at 09:28

Moorning

...so when are you planning on doing the Endura Gower Coastal marathon then Alex?

Dim berries yesterday - after starting out nice the weather did turn out rather wet here. Much nicer today

We had six chicks hatched overnight, which will go some way to replacing the cockerel which a fox had earlier in the week. At least one of the hatchlings was from that cockerel - so he lives on!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:58

afternoon 

Sorry to see that lovely looking bird succumb Boff - nature eh?

Cardiff was good, ideal weather - although a bit cold to start with. Thanks to Tracey for driving and supporting . I think they may actually have the course sorted after all these years! They did sling in a few cheeky unadvertised hills this time! But nothing like you would expect in Snowdon.

14/10/2012 at 17:23

Well done Sue!

14/10/2012 at 20:31

Evening all

Well done Sue. Great running.  What's happening with your car?

Boffin - sorry to see the prize cockerel go but at least you have the chicks.  I don't think I could be a farmer somehow...

Gorgeous day today.

14/10/2012 at 21:06

Evening all its not that bad Alex we ran 23 miles of the course today and I felt pretty good at the end so it can't be that bad the biggest danger seems to be from stampeding cows

I'll grant you its pretty hilly and I'm likely to take the best part of 5 hours to finish but I can see it becoming my favourite race

15/10/2012 at 07:36

Morning all

Jones - sounds good.  When is it?

Monday again - where did the weekend go?

15/10/2012 at 09:19

Morning  its on the 10th of November so its a birthday present for me on the 13th    it is a tough course and if the weather is bad it will be horrible but if its a day like yesterday it will be lovely

The only annoying thing is that you have to carry a first aid kit, 750ml of water, a hat  a whistle and a foil blanket so I think they must be expexting the worst  

15/10/2012 at 09:30

I was looking at that last night .coincidence.they do the ultra as well as shorter distances.i quite fancy the half if it is sunny.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.