Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,901 to 36,920 of 39,432 messages
16/10/2012 at 19:16

Evening!

To be fair, Tracey, that is a fair description of my buttocks!

How was your run, Jones?  It was a bit grotty out there early on, then it seemed to get nice, then rain and then nice again.

I know what you mean about the big event thing.  For Cardiff, I've always felt like it's been pushed around a bit, almost like there isn't the support at council level, which is a great shame.

How are your chicks, Boffin?  Lovely it is to see you, all of you, again. Please give Sweetie a big kiss from me.

16/10/2012 at 21:28

Evening all

I agree with you about smaller races, Tracey.  Llanelli was brilliant, with such fab support too.  I love the races around Christmas and new year such as Kenfig 4 on New Years Day.  Couldn't get everyone together on New Years day for a nice gathering but put a race on and everyone turns up!!

Thanks Jones. I am going to just go and enjoy the marathon in Snowdon.  That sentence doesn't quite sound right - mentioning a marathon and Snowdon!!

Boffin - hope the back is getting better now.

Who is doing the Pudding Run? Thats usually a good one too

17/10/2012 at 08:04

Morning all  I really enjoyed Snowdon the year we did it and its a definite for next year, I find flat runs far harder than hilly runs as its all one long sustained constant effort that destroys me  

Had a lovely run around the coast yesterday and the sun stayed out the whole time  its funny when your marathon training as it makes everything apart from your long run feel like a little jog

12 miles planned this evening   

17/10/2012 at 09:39

Morning

I'd eat the pudding - not sure about the running bit though!

We will have to be careful about those neighborhood terrorising buttocks then mouse!

The back really is being a pain - pun intended - I go out and forage a bit of firewood (nothing massive, just twigs trimmed off trees earlier in the year) takes me ages to pick them up after having to kneel down to get them and then kneel on the floor to chop them up - all so I don't bend the back, and what thanks do I get - pain in the back!

I whinge and ought not to - just frustrating not being able to get stuck into anything. CT scan in a month - that will be 3 months after the accident so should get a better idea of recovery then. Last advice was it will take 3-4 mths to recover.

Be right for next year

I hear you Jones... you wouldn't fancy doing a marathon on a running track then? or on a treadmill facing a wall! - Short jog planned for you this evening then

17/10/2012 at 18:16

Evenings!

I think my favourite half is the Forest of Dean one.  I've seen Tracey and Sue at that one, trying to think who else I've seen there.  Have you done it NR?  I've gone off the corporate ones now, with the exception of Bristol Half because I can roll out of bed to the start line (sort of).

I was down to do Snowdon a few years ago and DNS with a bad foot, so I'm a little jealous of you all.

My broken buttock and I went for a run this morning.  Funnily enough it hurts the least when I'm doing something.  Sitting driving a desk all day is the most painful of all.  However, it did tighten after about 45 mins.  I think my appt for buttock inspection is going to be quite painful on Friday.

I hope you have/had fun on your 12 miles tonight Jones.

What happened to your back, Boffin?

17/10/2012 at 21:38

Evening all

Mouse - I have run Forest of Dean twice.  Lovely run..Hope to do it again next year.  Hope you recover from your injury soon.

Boffin - literally a pain....  Not funny though.  Hope the scan brings good news and that you will be back to normal soon.  Whinge away, you are amongst friends.

Jones - I don't like flat runs either.  I love the Roman Run, Rhayader and Dale.    Running round the coast is lovely.  The sea is amazing every day of the year. 

17/10/2012 at 22:53

There is an ultra which is run on the athletics track I used to run on as a schoolkid, Jenner Park in Barry. It is a desolate, Soviet looking lump of grey concrete with a clay track and a grass football pitch in the middle. It has no views due to the high concrete wall, but is fairly high and so exposed to the winds coming straight in from the Irish Sea.

And they do an Ultra there!

Now that takes an odd kind of mind...

18/10/2012 at 20:52

Evening all

Tracey - I have heard of that race.  Sounds like a nightmare!

Not a  bad day out there today.  Friday again, the weeks are flying.

Snowdon next week, all the hard work has been done now.  Just see how it goes on the day!

18/10/2012 at 21:06

Evening all  sounds my idea of Hell Tracey  10 miles tonight, a bit breezy on the way back but lovely out there  there are two police cars parked across the cycle track at Blackpill for some reason

I really wish I was running a 1/2 marathon soon as I'd smash my pb  it will just have to wait a while though  

18/10/2012 at 22:28

The police cars were there at 6pm when I was running too. They were driving up and down the track between Mumbles and Blackpill. Someone's been up to no good I reckon.

19/10/2012 at 07:23

Morning all

Jones - you are running well. 

Was a nice evening for a run.

How is your foot Tracey? 

seren nos    pirate
19/10/2012 at 07:29

morning all] I am doing the pudding run...well i will wehen i start running again...dcorating is taking over,,,,,tomorrow having the living room floor fixed and boarded over........that will be fun

19/10/2012 at 08:20

Morning all  I don't mind d.i.y, its the hours trying to find all the stuff you need to do it that you've put somewhere 'safe' that drives me nuts 

seren nos    pirate
19/10/2012 at 08:22

its the emptying and moving furniture i hate.,so tomorrow i will have to fill my kitchen with furniture from the living/ dining room............my hall is already emptied as i am painting that and taken the carpets up there................

i am moving things around.....and i'm not looking forward to redoing all the doors with more wood stuff

19/10/2012 at 09:04

Mornings!

I went for a run this morning,so far so good with the dodgy buttock.  Off to get it pummelled this afternoon.

Just think though, Seren,it will look lovely when it's finished!

Nice easy taper runs for you guys this weekend then?

19/10/2012 at 15:10

Afternoon

Pesky broadband went off a couple of days ago - nice chap in India told us there was nothing wrong with the line and we have broadband to the house - darned good eyesight that chap has!! - He was quite wrong though as, despite booking and engineer for Wednesday (at £99!!!), and having changed nothing, the internet is back again.

I borke my back in the summer Mouse - double compression fracture to the L2 vertebrae, but I am waliking around and getting into all sorts of trouble, so no massive concerns - Just like to whinge about it!!

Putting things away in 'a safe place' is a nightmare - funny though the things you find (that you had put away safely some months ago...) when looking for things you know you put away in that safe place. - Imagine the fun I can have with barns and sheds to put things away into!! - [that would probably be an appropriate place to put one of those "lol" things - haven't moved on to those yet, still stuck with the odd smiley!!

19/10/2012 at 15:13

I was tempted to edit that typo - but I like the Sweddish Chef version of the injury report

19/10/2012 at 16:45

Dur Boffin borke dur backe... yup, that works!

Just made chocolate brownie for pudding. Recipe says 'makes 25'. Wonder if there will be any left by tomorrow?

19/10/2012 at 16:47

I'm thinking about getting a new kitchen. We will be here for another 10 years or so and the current kitchen is pretty knackered, so if it's going to be done it makes sense to do it sooner rather than later. But ugh, can't bear the idea of dismantling it all and moving everything out!

19/10/2012 at 20:13

Chocloate brownies - Mmmmmm

I reckon you should move out to a spa whilst the kitchen is refitted!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.