Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

36,921 to 36,940 of 39,539 messages
21/10/2012 at 11:23

Its a beautiful day, hey hey ....

Seren, how do you plan to make your ladies team taller ?

21/10/2012 at 12:02

Enjoy XC Seren.

WA - I'm sure that Snowdon will be fine.

All good here, life is still going at 100mph and my running at 5mph is a welcome break!!

21/10/2012 at 14:31

Afternoon all  Alex you could blow up, recover, finish, have a pie and still watch me drag myself over the line

23.23 miles done this morning  found it very very hard this morning, luckily the Gower scenery is enough to drag you around on a day like today

21/10/2012 at 20:19

Steve, I feel your time is coming. When I have seen you running of late you are no longer 'identifiably slow' and have on occasion been going better than me when we pass. With the trainining for such a hard race you will have improved in spades. You are defo one to watch. Moreover Mrs J is going like a train whenever I see her.

21/10/2012 at 20:21

Kev, I am surprised you are still speaking to us mere mortals now you are in First Class !

21/10/2012 at 20:28

Evening all

RK - glad to hear life is good with you.

Jones - the scenery over there is fab.  Always love running by the sea.  I ran along the beach early this morning, not too much pounding on these old legs of mine!

22/10/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

seren nos    pirate
22/10/2012 at 08:11

morning it was gorgeous at teh cross country...saw alex and chris running well in their race.there is a high standard at these events isn't there

back to the painting now

22/10/2012 at 08:14

Morning

Weather forecast for Llanberis is good for this Saturday so far. Reckon you lot are due a good one after the last few years!

seren nos    pirate
22/10/2012 at 08:15

I hope so Tracey.i will be out a long time and so hopefully will stop to enjoy the views

22/10/2012 at 09:02

The last few years have been fire and brimstone so good weather will be a right turn up for the books.

Looking forward to it.

22/10/2012 at 21:24

Evening all

Fingers crossed Tracey.  Was soaked to the skin on the start line last year.  Didn't see any of the views, head down against the wind and rain!!! 

I am looking forward to it now after months of dread. 

Seren - you will enjoy every step.  The support along the route is fab.

22/10/2012 at 22:28

Can't afford first class WA!

Hope weather in Snowdon is good for you guys especially as we will be staying in Aberystwyth for the weekend.

Off to bed now, on 05:28 to Swindon tomorrow  

23/10/2012 at 07:25

Morning all

Early start for you RK.  Enjoy weekend in Aber.

Off to work we go...

seren nos    pirate
23/10/2012 at 08:23

Kev.you never seem to stay still at the moment.......

need to start thinking about packing for the weekend.staying 3 nights which should be fun

23/10/2012 at 08:23

Morning

When do teenage boys start to use thier brains? Boff Jnr has chores in the morning - intended purely to make sure he is out of bed - all he has to do is give the cattle water.

The water tub was withing a C - shaped coral of 10 foot long by 6 foot high steel cattle hurdles. (the hurdles are arranged this way to allow the cattle within the hurdles for feed - gets them used to the hurdles for when we need to handle them, vet visits, moving etc). Anyway Boff Jnr was outside the hurdled area and I suggested he move the water tub out of the hurdles and into clear field as the cattle where being too thick to get the water... Boff Jnr was no better - he decided the best way to get the tub was to open up the hurdels - which of course meant nothing was holding one side and it collapsed! These things are heavy - fortunately no-one was injured. Why he didn't walk around the hurdles and take the tub out of the open (10 foot gap) end of the hurdled area I have no idea!

seren nos    pirate
23/10/2012 at 08:37

Boffin.you are in for a long wait with teenage boys.......

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/10/2012 at 11:13

.................... a very long wait 

I'm increasingly grateful that I've outgrown my kids 

morning BTW

23/10/2012 at 14:18

Ummm, blokes? Grown up ones I mean? 'Nuff said I reckon.

Oh yeah and afternoon all.

seren nos    pirate
23/10/2012 at 14:21

son can't afford to insure his car for next year so we are getting rid of it.i hate trying to sell anything so i think we will just do it for scrap value

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.