12TH JULY 2005

36,981 to 37,000 of 39,444 messages
seren nos    pirate
29/10/2012 at 19:43

e3vening.

I am home

great racing Nutty

29/10/2012 at 20:29

Well done all who ran - it sounds an amazing race.

Glad you are on the up WA!

NR - you are going from strength to strength - very well done.

29/10/2012 at 20:58

Evening all

GraV - sorry to hear you suffered a bit but that hill is a nasty surprise at 22 miles!! Glad Carol enjoyed too.  The atmosphere in Llanberis always great.  I happily travelled and stayed on my own over the weekend. 

WA - excellent write up as always.  Alot of marathon running is having faith in yourself.  After years of successful marathon training, you can do it.

Hilly - life in Wales is good and has been since I moved back.  No regrets and running helps along the way.

Seren - it was good to see you after the race.  Hope you enjoyed your extra day there.

RK - cheers.  Perhaps we will see you at a race one day soon?

29/10/2012 at 21:41

NR - yes you sound very happy, which is good!  A guy from Barnsley we know did Snowdonia this year, he was 4th.  We have a few of us who are thinking of doing it next year.  It's one I've wanted to do for a long time, but just never got around to it.  I certainly won't be running it as fast as you though!

29/10/2012 at 22:26

Cheers Hilly - its a great marathon and I am sure you would do well.  Not sure if I will be there next year but you never know. 

29/10/2012 at 22:30

Evening folks,

Hilly, you have the right moniker for Snowdon that is for sure. Nutty is in good shape. She will never be a champion fell runner though and those two-ish miles of descent are very fast or very slow depending on how reckless you are able to be.

GraV, i bet there was nothing wrong with you. Go on, admit it, you just saw someone with a thermos and figured where there is a thermos there is also a cake ?

Kev, I really hope I am on the up. Will be back on the road tomorrow as am right as rain tonight. It's all go !

Edited: 29/10/2012 at 22:31
29/10/2012 at 22:51
Nutty Runner wrote (see)

RK - cheers.  Perhaps we will see you at a race one day soon?

Will do if you are at Llanelli HM - going to force my bulk over 13.1 miles again I'm afraid!

Welsh Alex wrote (see)

Kev, I really hope I am on the up. Will be back on the road tomorrow as am right as rain tonight. It's all go !

WA - you have the ability so as long as you have the 'mind over matter' you will be on the up. Put it in to focus. To run circa. 3:15 at V40 in Snowdon on the back of (in your words) poor training is obviously natural ability. Harness confidence with the abilty and you'll be unstoppable.

29/10/2012 at 22:52

Good job I didn't realise there was cake en route!!

30/10/2012 at 07:02

WA - I am much more a down than an up runner, but not on fells!  I did like the look of it though  Well done yourself, a good report written too!

Nutty - what's your next goal - after recovery and cake?

seren nos    pirate
30/10/2012 at 07:05

back to the painting and decorating for me...........its the eldests 19th today.not sure what his plans are yet........or if we are involved in them in anyway.......

i will try and remonnence proper training next week when the kids are in school

30/10/2012 at 07:25

Morning all

Gorgeous day today.

Will try a little run later

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
30/10/2012 at 07:31

morning - 'tis indeed bootiful out there. Just back from my dawn plod 

Take it easy Claire, 

30/10/2012 at 07:47

Morning ... going to run today too. Feel 100 percent now.

Sue, I don't know how you do dawn plods, I really don't.

30/10/2012 at 08:24

Morning all

Great race report Alex, sounds like you ran the marathon 60% with your head and 40% with your legs.

Observed lesson cancelled at the last minute due to staff illness - don't know if it will go ahead today - bah!

Dawn plods - hmmm. Used to do them all the time but really struggle for the first few miles, even at 8.30 (earliest I attempt a run these days).

seren nos    pirate
30/10/2012 at 08:28

brilliant Sue

bad news tracey

30/10/2012 at 09:04

Morning

That is frustrating for you Tracey!

Great to hear you had an overall positive experience Alex - despite the adversity laden pre-marathon! - Do London and banish the demons forever

30/10/2012 at 20:50

WA - not only did I spy hot drinks at the top of the hill but I am now milking it to the full having suggested to Mrs Gra V that I need to replenish my vitamins, minerals, etc over the course of this week.

I have just eaten a bucket of homemade beef casserole with potatoes and cauliflower followed by homemade rhubarb crumble. I love recovering.

30/10/2012 at 21:44

Evening all

Bad news Tracey.  All that stress for nothing.

I like early morning running Sue.  Having the world to yourself before everyone wakes up

GraV - I know what you mean.  I had a midnight feast on Saturday night. 

Difficult staying awake and concentrating in work today.  Surely there's more to life?!

31/10/2012 at 01:13

Wide awake again.    Work will be a laugh tomorrow. 

31/10/2012 at 07:40

What are you like ! You must be a vampire ?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.