Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,001 to 37,020 of 39,500 messages
31/10/2012 at 07:48

Went to bed at midnight, phone rang at 3am. Computerised voice said "thank you" and rang off. Spent two hours thinking about my observed lesson - (today? Possibly? Who knows?) and the computer based record system I suddenly seem to be in charge of creating, training people to use, policing and backing up. Back to sleep at 5am but cat woke me up again at 6.

Glad I'm not a vampire, not sleeping is crap.

seren nos    pirate
31/10/2012 at 08:13

How annoying tracey

been sanding down doors before braving myself to go back to my sons room

31/10/2012 at 08:49

Morning all  don't know how you lot cope with so little sleep

8 miles planned for tonight and after being quite relaxed about this race I am now officially bricking it   

31/10/2012 at 08:51

Morning

Very considerate of the telephone to thank you for being answered! Now you need to train it to ring you at a reasonable hour and have coffee waiting?

31/10/2012 at 21:24

Evening all

Tracey - how odd?  Very inconsiderate too.  Hope you get a good night sleep tonight.

Hope decorating went well Seren.  How are your legs after Saturday?

Jones - you will be fine.  You have trained well.  A bit of pre race nerves is natural.

How is your back Boffin? Hope things down on the farm are good.

A bit weary in work today.  I have an excuse with the marathon though and they are being kind!

01/11/2012 at 07:34

Morning

seren nos    pirate
01/11/2012 at 07:43

morning all

sons bedroom is finally finished.or will be when i put the curtains back up this morning...looks lovely...new bed was made up and had to dash out for new duvet, pilow and sheets as his were past it...

fee so glad that another bedroom has been blitzed.thats 2 this winter and the third isn't bad.nore superficial.it would only take an hour there.not days like the other two took............

back tothe dowstairs now.....another coat on the living room doors

01/11/2012 at 10:15

Morning

Sounds like you are over the worst of it Seren

Not surprised you are weary in work Nutty - I'm sure you will agree that a bit of sleep would be nice! Good they are being kind to you in work

Not raining here on the farm so far today - Vet due at some point to read the TB test on the cattle, always a bit of an anxious time... let's blame the badger, it is all their fault! - Nothing at all to do with Goverment policy and disease free status allowing international trade, nope, nothing to do with economics; lets blame the badger!

01/11/2012 at 21:51

Evening all

Seren - you sound very busy.  Well done.

Boffin - it was wintry here today.  Very cold.  Poor badgers.  

Work today wasn't so bad.  Managed to stay awake which is a bonus. 

02/11/2012 at 01:21
Wide awake......
02/11/2012 at 07:26

Morning all

Didn't sleep a wink last night.  Think you may be right WA....

Cold outisde.  Have a good one all.

02/11/2012 at 07:59

Ugh, poor Nutty, not sleeping is the pits. But Nutty isn't a vampire, not the way she tucks into the garlic bread.

Observed lesson today...

02/11/2012 at 08:21

Morning

02/11/2012 at 10:16

Morning

Hope the observed lesson goes well for you Tracey.

Cattle all TB free which means they do not get slaughtered and I can move them around as many farms / markets as I like within the next 60 days.

We have a happy ram - moved him from the boys field in with the girls....

02/11/2012 at 14:26

Boff - Is that called tupping?

Observed lesson finally happened and went very well. Got highest mark yet, so well chuffed.

02/11/2012 at 22:03

Evening all

Tracey - great news,  didn't expect anything less

Fab news for you too Boffin.

A cold one today.  Ah well....

03/11/2012 at 13:46

Afternoon:

good the viewed lesson went well for you Tracey - at least that is done for now. Yes, the ram is referred to as the Tup and when he is put with the yews at this time of year (aiming for lambs in the spring) then they call it Tupping as you say.

My bees fell out with me during my convalescence and have absconded leaving an empty hive However, they have also left behind their honey.... so I am currently in the process of bottling the honey I hadn't planned on taking any honey this year, so don't have the centrifuge, which makes things a lot easier, so I am crushing the comb up and relying on gravity and muslin. Tastes good though

Snow on the Beacons today!

03/11/2012 at 20:36

Evening all

Boffin - great news about honey.

Wintry day here.

04/11/2012 at 06:25
Morning all

Happy Birthday WA!
seren nos    pirate
04/11/2012 at 08:06

Penblwydd hapus Alex...

looks like it might be a tad cdrier today

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.