Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,021 to 37,040 of 39,429 messages
02/11/2012 at 07:26

Morning all

Didn't sleep a wink last night.  Think you may be right WA....

Cold outisde.  Have a good one all.

02/11/2012 at 07:59

Ugh, poor Nutty, not sleeping is the pits. But Nutty isn't a vampire, not the way she tucks into the garlic bread.

Observed lesson today...

02/11/2012 at 08:21

Morning

02/11/2012 at 10:16

Morning

Hope the observed lesson goes well for you Tracey.

Cattle all TB free which means they do not get slaughtered and I can move them around as many farms / markets as I like within the next 60 days.

We have a happy ram - moved him from the boys field in with the girls....

02/11/2012 at 14:26

Boff - Is that called tupping?

Observed lesson finally happened and went very well. Got highest mark yet, so well chuffed.

02/11/2012 at 22:03

Evening all

Tracey - great news,  didn't expect anything less

Fab news for you too Boffin.

A cold one today.  Ah well....

03/11/2012 at 13:46

Afternoon:

good the viewed lesson went well for you Tracey - at least that is done for now. Yes, the ram is referred to as the Tup and when he is put with the yews at this time of year (aiming for lambs in the spring) then they call it Tupping as you say.

My bees fell out with me during my convalescence and have absconded leaving an empty hive However, they have also left behind their honey.... so I am currently in the process of bottling the honey I hadn't planned on taking any honey this year, so don't have the centrifuge, which makes things a lot easier, so I am crushing the comb up and relying on gravity and muslin. Tastes good though

Snow on the Beacons today!

03/11/2012 at 20:36

Evening all

Boffin - great news about honey.

Wintry day here.

04/11/2012 at 06:25
Morning all

Happy Birthday WA!
seren nos    pirate
04/11/2012 at 08:06

Penblwydd hapus Alex...

looks like it might be a tad cdrier today

04/11/2012 at 10:51

Happy birthday Alex, hope you enjoy your day

Have just got up. Nothing to do for work tomorrow, house is filthy but what's new? Am going to spend the day doing crossword, studying Welsh (my idea of pleasure, I know, I know) and maybe eating lunch in a pub. Love, love, love having a lazy day....

04/11/2012 at 15:04

Afternoon

Happy Birthday Alex Occasion must call for lots of pie... Mmmmm pie

22 Jars of honey - very long day yesterday stood up crushing bee comb - tremendously sticky stuff honey! Sadly none of it will keep as the hive was vacated and thus the honey not properly dehydrated. Still good to eat, just won't keep as long.

Honey pie?

04/11/2012 at 16:05

Hey folks ...

Thanks for the birthday wishes

Had the kids this morning whilst A went on her dreadmill. Was going to work then but was so tired after the week that I had a full 2.5 hour snooze. Just had coffee and lunch and now in my office. Planning on getting a few things done while no-one is bothering me. Had such high hopes of loads of time this weekend but it has largely come to nothing. Little plod later too I think, didn't have time yesterday.

Shame about the bees Boffin .... don't think they have migraed to Africa for the winter ... or Torquay ?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/11/2012 at 17:38

afternoon

Lazy day here for me. I did the indoor triathlon yesterday so a bit tired today. I abandoned the idea of my long run and have been watching old films and sewing this afternoon.

Hope your birthday ends well and you have a good plod, weather is pretty grim at the moment though.

Tracey, coincidentally I've started to learn some Welsh. Inspired by watching the Snowdon marathon, I found I could understand some of what was being said, but wished I could have understood more. I've downloaded a free podcast for the moment, so am practicing my s'mea's and bore da's on the way to work!

04/11/2012 at 19:01

Sue - am doing a pilot course at Swanse Uni which you would love. You have to do loads of drills, vocab and grammar online and only go to class for one lesson of three hours a week. The three hours are spent practising what you did online, so we spend most of it speaking. We are moving along at a cracking pace, assuming it runs next year I will be recommending it to everyone, it's really good.

04/11/2012 at 21:54

Evening all

Sounds like you had a good day Tracey.  I would love to learn Welsh.  will look into it next year.

Sue - hope the tri went well. 

WA - hope you enjoyed the rest of your special day

Boffin - shame the honey won't last long.  Perhaps we could have a honey pie/cake fest?

I have got an interview soon and have to prepare a presentation so have been working on that.  The things we do for fun!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/11/2012 at 05:47

morning all

Thanks for that Tracey, I saw that on a flyer we had at work, I can't commit to it this year, but def next year.

Interviews - , never been any good at them myself. We are interviewing next week for someone to do my old job (at last), I won't be a bogof nurse anymore then!

05/11/2012 at 07:34

Morning all

Good luck with that Sue.  Hope it will mean more time for you.

Have a good one all

seren nos    pirate
05/11/2012 at 07:47

lots happening in everyones lives..........i am on the last week of DIY.it takes me so long.but carpets are ariving next monday so this has to be the last day

05/11/2012 at 09:48

Morning

What's the interview for Nutty? Moviestar?

Wherevere my bees have gone Alex, I hope they are warm and cosy and not too hungry after leaving their food behind. Was a bad year for bees all round - too wet to allow good mating flights so consequently lots of hives failed to get a laying queen. Coupled to the bad management on my part for my hive and the bees have absconded late in the season and I doubt they would have had enough time to lay down stores for the winter - they should have ignored their evolutionary instinct and stayed put!

I shall clean it all up and put  a swarm in it next year.

Dw i'n hoffi dysgu gymraeg - although I am a baaaad boy and never go to class.... missed the start this year so am not signed up for this course. Truth be told I like the Welsh, just hate going out to evening classes and such.

Good idea that indoor triathlon - especially with the weather we have at the moment!

The light is at the end of the tunnel Seren; just be sure it is not the train

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.