12TH JULY 2005

37,061 to 37,080 of 39,496 messages
09/11/2012 at 18:28

Thanks Seren  certainly been doing that, haven't stopped eating all day

09/11/2012 at 18:38

It looks nice in the video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Sj4KIpyUg

09/11/2012 at 21:22

Evening all

Jones - it looks stunning.   We live in a fantastic part of the world.  I hope you enjoy.  Good luck.

Bit of a wet one out there today. 

Tracey - hope you feel better.  At least its Friday.  Nothing worse than a bad belly.

10/11/2012 at 08:47
Weather thankfully great now
seren nos    pirate
10/11/2012 at 08:56

weather looking good....

hopefully be dry in becon for the cross country

10/11/2012 at 09:33

Morning

Misty start here - lifting now. Should be a nice weekend for running and other outdoor activities

I have to convince my helpers that they really want to spend an hour outside lugging cattle hurdles (very heavy; 8" x 10" mild steel tubing) around in the mud. Neither of my helpers have time for such outdoors fun, but the cattle need moved off the farm to go and flirt with a bull!

We don't have a bull of our own - and may never do, certainly none with horns anyway. A good friend of my Father in Law (only in his fifties) was killed by his bull as he was thrown in the air and landed badly. Big animals cattle - fortunately for us, too dumb to work out just how much bigger than us they are!

Retrieved another ram from the brambles - honestly you would think the field was nothing but brambles - nothing like, they are trying thier best to get stuck in the tinniest bits of bramble they can find!

10/11/2012 at 10:14

Morning all

Just watched Jones's video - wow, that looks amazing! The Joneses must be very fit though, it's awful rough country in some places.

Boff - killed by his own bull? That's shocking, I had no idea they were so dangerous, I know the odd dog walker has a run-in with one, but I assumed that was just because of ignorance on the victim's part. No way a farmer is ignorant though, poor man.

I am feeling better thank you Nutty but still nowhere near normal, stomach cramps and nausea everytime I eat.

I'm off to buy new pillows.

10/11/2012 at 20:18

Evening all  hardest thing I've ever done by a country mile  wasn't helped by the recent rain that meant most of the course was like a swamp, so in lots of places most of your effort was put into just staying upright

Good day for the Jones household though  on a dry course I was hoping for under 5 hours which in all other years would give me top 10

Struggled at about 20 miles and started cramping all over the place  but pulled it together a bit towards the end and finished in 4hr 47 minutes which gave me 7th overall and 1st 40+, so very very happy bunny

Mrs Jones finished in 5hrs 11 minutes, 17th overall and also 1st 40+

Really glad we ran lots of the course beforehand as there were lots of people getting to 26 miles with the finish still 2.5 miles away having major meltdowns

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/11/2012 at 20:39

well done the Joneses 

seren nos    pirate
10/11/2012 at 20:45

amazing running for the jones....there was no keeping up with the jones today 

did you get some nice silverware for your efforts

lovel;y weather today.went to the cross country in brecon and saw Alex and nutty running strongly.........i ran it all which is as much as i could hope for after yesterdays efforts

boffin.aren't you suppossed to be taking things easy still

10/11/2012 at 22:21

Steve / Helen,

Very well done ! Awesome ! I could not even contemplate the pain ! Wow !

10/11/2012 at 22:27

Evening all

Marvellous times Steve and Helen.  You have both had an amazing year with running.What next?

Enjoyed the cross country today.  Was great to catch up with so many of you there.  The course was good with not too many muddy patches.

Out for a family meal this evening for my father's birthday. 

Boffin - hope you got all your chores done.

Tracey - glad you are feeling a little better.

11/11/2012 at 09:00
Well done Mrs and Mrs Jones. Back from a busy weekend in Cardiff.

Taking Ol football training at 11 and then going out for my run. Looking forward to some fresh air.
11/11/2012 at 10:29

As Alex said - Wow the Joneses!

Still feeling grotty here, queazy, stomach cramps and weak most of the time. Getting better but still don't feel good climbing the stairs, never mind running or cycling. Boring, boring, boring.

11/11/2012 at 11:44

Morning - just

Wow, good going the Joneses - be needing a new shelf for all the medals

Shame you are feeling grotty Tracey - lovely out there today if you can find the will to enjoy it.

Convinced the helpers to move the hurdles - I had the tiresome job of driving the tarctor and delegating all the lifting work

11/11/2012 at 20:29

Evening all

Hope you enjoyed your run RK.

Tracey - get well soon.  Nothing worse than being off your food.  You need pie...

Boffin - well done.  Things you have to do when living on a farm.

Nice run along the beach first thing for me today

12/11/2012 at 02:52
And so to bed......
12/11/2012 at 07:33

Morning all

WA - late one for you.  Hope you slept.

Bit wet out there again.  At least the weekend was nice

12/11/2012 at 12:41

Morning

The wonders of the modern age... I have just visited Langwili Hospital for a follow up CT scan... lay on a motorised bed and had X-Rays bombarding me from every angle...

Then I return home to find the power off and seemingly everything we have relies on electric!

Power wasn't off for long and the newly hatched chicks are fine now they have warmed up again - don't think they liked their heat lamp going off!

12/11/2012 at 21:14

Evening all

Boffin - never  a dull moment for you.  Hope your back is on the mend.  Glad the chicks are okay too.

Better get on with interview prep.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.