Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,101 to 37,120 of 39,435 messages
13/11/2012 at 21:41

Evening all

How are you feeling Tracey?  Better I hope.

Milder today.  Had my cake

14/11/2012 at 08:01

Morning all

Good thanks Nutty, better every day. How was the interview?

14/11/2012 at 10:20

Morning

Just spent another £60 on animal feed... curious that we refer to chicken feed as a cheap item in general conversation, when in truth it is the most expensive of all the various animal feeds I buy! - If you are interested, chicken feed is 36p / kilo compared to sugar beet at 23p / kilo. However, sugar beet is just a cheap additive for the feeds, cattle and sheep feeds are around 30p/kilo.

Have you ever calculated how much your various menagerie cost you Tracey? - I am right in saying your young ones have lizards /snakes etc?

14/11/2012 at 17:02

Hiya Boff, just a snake and five cats these days. Cats eat dried food which is about £30 a month but the Meazers are spoilt pedigree brats who insist on a variety so I spend loads on different types of wet food for them. The snake eats one mouse a week, which costs about £1.

The main expensed food-wise in this family is the kids, who seem to eat constantly and yet never get any fatter. Bastards.

seren nos    pirate
14/11/2012 at 17:11

when we had guniea pigs they cost us a fortune.all the fresh stuff and the dried stuff and they were really dirty and needed changing of the sawdust and hay every few day.........I was so glad when they finally went

14/11/2012 at 18:38
We have two dogs, two gerbils ad a goldfish - daren't add the cost up!
14/11/2012 at 21:13

Evening all  got a lovely cold now  doesn't seem a bad one though so hopefully better in time for Pembrey 

Just had our great prizes for winning our age groups, a £10 voucher that we can spend at their online shop  think we can almost get a pair of socks from there

14/11/2012 at 21:52

Evening all

Kids eh Tracey?  Glad you are on the mend.

Not sure about interview.  We will see.  Thanks for asking.

Jones - you did so well.  Can never have enough socks!!  Look out London next year, you two are on your way!!

I only have me to feed.  I eat quite a lot!!!

15/11/2012 at 07:30
Hope you get good news NR.

Half day for me today! Out for lunch then in Morgans to 'celebrate' Beaujolais Day. Will round the evening off in Wind Street then.
15/11/2012 at 07:46

Morning all

Have a jolly day RK.  Hope your head isn't too bad tomorrow!

15/11/2012 at 08:18

Morning

I'll bet that goldfish costs you a bomb Kev

seren nos    pirate
15/11/2012 at 08:33

morning all

got to take my mother to do some christmas present shopping..one of my least favourite tasks...............i love christmas food shopping though

15/11/2012 at 08:37

Morning

15/11/2012 at 21:45

Evening all

Hope you survived the trip Seren.

Another week bites the dust...

16/11/2012 at 07:39

Morning

Nice fine day today, very calm out there; hardly a hint of a breeze.

I dislike shopping of any kind - Christmas shopping has to rate as the worst though. The entire concept of buying gifts purely for the sake of it befuddles me! Far better to exchange heartfelt wishes than material junk. - If someone acually needs something that is a different matter... I already have a Christmas present - a cattle dung scraper

Very happy I am with it too - so happy in fact that I am about to go and scrape some cattle dung now as it has finally got a bit brighter out there.

16/11/2012 at 07:43

Morning all

Boffin - me too, hate shopping.  The weekly food shop is done as quickly as possible.

At least its Friday.

seren nos    pirate
16/11/2012 at 07:51

friday..............I ran and cycled yesterday...but will be in awaiting my sofas today.the last thing needed for my room....so training has to recommence

off to the beacons tomorrow for a recce again 

16/11/2012 at 07:59

Yup - shopping ugh. Also, I totally agree Boff, Christmas really bothers me. Just yesterday heard myself asking the children to "try and think of things they want". Pretty sure it shouldn't be this way.

On the other hand, it's a lot better than it used to be - Amazon.co.uk and Sainsbury.co.uk. At least these days it's easy for me to waste money on stuff no one needs.

seren nos    pirate
16/11/2012 at 08:07

I don't do cards and all the nieces and nephews get money...........I also stop when they get to 18 and then restart when the great nieces and nephews come along.we have p of those  already.....

i don't get presents for any brothers or sisters and already with the kids we do a secret sant present so that the boys don't ned to think about buying for each other now they are older..........

so apart from money for the grandchildren.......I only buy for 2 mothers...........my hubby and for our 3 kids...........end of present shopping.....

16/11/2012 at 08:48

Morning all  first day back in work today and still got the lurgy  enjoy your dung scraping Boffin  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.