Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,121 to 37,140 of 39,288 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/11/2012 at 19:47

evening

cow dung scraping sounds such an absorbing activity Boff!

I'm also a one for trying to buck the trend over the greed and avarice that Christmas has become. I've not had a present for some years now and apart from the children do a token present for the grown up kids and buy something small but nice for some close friends. In my time I've had 4 parents to buy for, but only have one left now in my step mother and she's easily pleased bless her.

I've cut back big time on the cards. I send one to the whole team at work and an email greeting to the partner agencies. As the manager I suppose I'll need to get something for the team this year, it's a tradition and I don't mind because they are such a good lot. But previous managers have bought huge tins of chocs for each department (there are around 6 in each) and they are there until well into the middle of January, then everyone goes on a diet to lose the weight that all the chocs and cakes have piled on the hips! Doesn't really make sense does it?

16/11/2012 at 21:10

Evening all

Same thoughts here about Christmas.  For years, we have all said that we should give to charity instead of buying more 'stuff' to put with the stuff we all ready have.  Never happens....

Jones - hope you have a bit of a rest planned before training for VLM.

Boffin - there is no end to the lovely tasks when living on a farm!

Didn't get the job but there till December.  May be other things coming up though so not such a bad thing

16/11/2012 at 21:39

Evening

17/11/2012 at 08:22

Morning

17/11/2012 at 08:28

Mr & Mrs Jones appear to be in to marathon running with a gusto that somehow I know I will never have.

As sue says Xmas can be an awful time for getting fat.

Nice 11 miler last night and got very wet. Loads of hills. I hate running on the flat.

17/11/2012 at 08:59

Morning

I had a fabulous time scraping cow dung with my 'Christmas Present'. So much easier on the back to clear them out with the scraper than by fork or shovel... now the cattle are in the barn for the winter they produce around a barrowful of dung each day - beginning to produce rather a nice compost heap

There is satisfaction in clearing out the cattle - quite aside from making a nice area for the cattle to be in. In the summer, either I cut and bale grass or get others to do it for me, then during the winter this is fed to the cattle. The cattle munch away on all this grass and produce lovely fibrous nitrogen rich manure which ends up on the veg patch in two years time. This of course then produces lots of lovely veggies to be eaten either by us or the animals.

Recycling at work

Better to do what you enjoy Alex; you had a great time at Snowdon - after your pre event excitments - find another hilly marathon course to get your teeth into.. have you had a go at the Cornish Marathon yet? Fabulous event; low key, enter on the day, loads of challenging hills - non too big, no hassle and good organisation. - Oh, and you get a pastie at the end - now that has to be motivation for lost mojo and plenty of gusto

17/11/2012 at 09:09

Sorry to hear about the job NR. What's next on the horizon?

Quiet weekend for me really. Bit of rugby and kids stuff and lots to do on my dissertation.

Will have a run tomorrow as usual.

17/11/2012 at 09:58

Morning all

I like pasties. They are just a pie with a handle really.

17/11/2012 at 20:44

Evening all

Boffin - must give Cornwall a go.    Well done on the dung scraping.

JD - there may be other opportunities at the uni but at lower grades.  Bit of a dilemma.

Tracey - hope your stomach is better.

17/11/2012 at 20:58
Evening... trying without success to get Daniel sleeping.

Kids eh
seren nos    pirate
17/11/2012 at 21:05

don't miss that stage Alex.......

18/11/2012 at 01:28
Wide awake.....

Hope Daniel went to sleep for you WA.
18/11/2012 at 10:24

Morning all

Alex - have you considered subbing out night time child care to Nutty? Seems like she and Daniel have a lot in common.

First run in 10 days today. That bug realy knocked me for six. Felt good this morning though and what a BEAUTIFUL day! Bit of paperwork now and then off to The Woodman for lunch with two of my children and a crossword.

18/11/2012 at 12:23

Lunch sounds nice Tracey.

Football done, out for run, then my lunch

18/11/2012 at 13:29

Afternoon - Wonder what the crossword will order for lunch?

18/11/2012 at 21:08

Evening all

Hope you enjoyed lunch Tracey.  Great news about run.

Did cross country in Llanmadoc today.  Lovely day for it.  Loads of mud and didn't fall!  Got first lady

18/11/2012 at 22:19

Evening .... I did the XC too. Nice day for it and cakes after. Was disappointed with my speed over the sand but then again its been a hard week training. Have had a massive pizza tonight so it is going to have to be a hard week next week too. !

Tracey, if only ! I don't know what I do to be this popular with the kids, I really don't !

seren nos    pirate
19/11/2012 at 07:03

morning all

good running Nutty and alex.

I cooked my christmas cake.did a few trios to the tip.tidied up and then cooked roast beef for 8.first time we have had to extend our table...all went well 

19/11/2012 at 07:28

Morning all

Seren - never a dull moment for you.

WA - it was tricky underfoot on the course yesterday.  You did a great time.

Monday again - where did the weekend go.

19/11/2012 at 08:05

Morning all.

Nice weekend. Lunch was good. I like The Woodman and it's a 20 minute walk through the woods from my house.

Don't suppose anyone knows anything about interactive white boards? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.