Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,141 to 37,160 of 39,543 messages
20/11/2012 at 22:40

Seren - just a bit.  The slate wine rack is in place and won't move for a very long time!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/11/2012 at 05:46

morning all

I may be a bit odd, but I love getting into a cold bed and snuggling down and feel my body warming to cosy. Stems back from childhood I suppose when such things as electric blankets and central heating were unheard of.

Hope your jacket is nice NR, you worked hard for it!

21/11/2012 at 07:28

Morning all

Sue - it is a nice one thanks..

Been for an early morning swim and really enjoyed.  Haven't been for ages.

Have a good one all

21/11/2012 at 07:50

Morning folks

Don't want to get on the bike this morning. Gonna be wet out there and Sketty Lane is  no fun in the dark.

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 08:10

its miserable out there today again.going head for the pool

21/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

The amount of rain we are having at the moment a jet ski wouldn't be out of place!

Listening to the radio some time back about the rising cost of heating.... people saying that they are having to turn the central heating off and wear jumpers etc instead. How quickly we forget - as Sue says, it wasn't so long ago houses didn't have central heating and such - my familiial home still doesn't  (but that is another story!). Interesting side to that debate though - as houses didn't have central heating, there were not as many pipes to freeze causing damage when they thaw - so with modern homes the heating is more than just for the occupants!

I have a standpipe in the yard which freezes no matter how much inuslation I have put around it...

21/11/2012 at 21:18

Guys - have a lot at this thread to see if you can add anything:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/llanelli-parkrun/166876-3.html

21/11/2012 at 22:09

Evening all

The weather was awful this morning. Walking through Singleton Park was dodgy and involved wading through lots of water!!  What a difference this afternoon!!

Milder this evening for running again.

22/11/2012 at 06:48

Morning

Grump. grump, grump - coffee machine definately dead! We gp through coffee machines maybe two a year - really ought to have one in stock as of course it always breaks when you need it!

I don't mind tea, but it is not coffee... coffee brewed in a stove top perculater or even a bodem doesn't quite hit the spot for me... grump, grump, grump.

Can't tell what the weather is like as it is still dark out and so far have not ventured out there - I could hazard a guess and say it is wet - sure I won't be too far wrong!

22/11/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

Boffin - oh dear.... Don't fret.  It can be replaced.

I like peppermint tea.  Coffee keeps me awake so have a few cups a day.  Don't like tea with milk. 

Its windy and cold so dress up warm

seren nos    pirate
22/11/2012 at 07:47

Off to the christmas market at glous#cester today with my mother so hope that its fine

coffee.bleugh

22/11/2012 at 07:53

Boff - I feel your pain brother! We use a cafeterre and always keep a spare in the house. The only way is coffee.

22/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

Another day of loads to do here we come .....

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/11/2012 at 08:22

I agree Tracey, the only way IS coffee. I can't drink much of it though, once my morning fix is done, I don't often drink much of it during the day. Like NR, it'd just keep me awake all night. I overdosed on the stuff when working nights with a small family so missing an equivalent of 3 nights sleep a week!

Nice a dry out there this morning so far. Something of a wind, but not too bad. A nice 6 miles has set me up for the day. Now for the work thing!

22/11/2012 at 21:40

Evening all

Hope you had a good day Seren.  Not the best day for Christmas shopping.

Glad you got our early and dodged the wind and rain Sue.

Another week flying by. 

Boffin - hope you sorted the coffee problem.  What a dilemma...

23/11/2012 at 08:19

Morning

Coffee machine yet to be replaced - it has to wait until going to Ammanford - one of the drawbacks to living in the country; everything is a long way away!

Brewing coffee with a stove top perculator then sieving it through the coffee filter to take out the sludge - bit of a phaff but it works

Wet one yesterday! - Windy too! We had planned to take two of our cattle off to the bull this weekend.... might be a slight problem getting the tractor to them and then even bigger problem getting tractor + trailier + cattle off the field again!!

seren nos    pirate
23/11/2012 at 08:36

Boffin.i imagine your fields are mud baths at the moment.

we have blue skies today

23/11/2012 at 21:34

Evening all

It was a mixed bag of weather here today.

Boffin - hope you are okay.  There are pros and cons to living in the countryside as you say.

seren nos    pirate
24/11/2012 at 07:10

weather forecast for today is looking a bit wet...........there are still places on the sleepwalker 20 mile race in the brecon beacons tonight if anyone has a free saturday night.............i think i had better take my good raincoat and spare headtorch batteries

24/11/2012 at 08:02

Can't you order stuff on line Boffin ?

Anyway, I have had coffee problems in the past. Have had periods of abstenence that were good but comming off coffee is seriously difficult.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.