Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,141 to 37,160 of 39,423 messages
19/11/2012 at 09:41

Morning

I know it is not a good idea to use marker pens on them.... I also know they are very expensive and very clever, although the ones I have used need to be calibrated each day and the interactive pens take a bit of getting used to - there is a lag between moving the pen and the computer picking the movement up and they are not too keen on small detail. Apart from that they are great fun! - I expect the whiteboards today have better software than I have used in the past.

19/11/2012 at 22:45

Evening .... do you know I have put on four pounds sicne Snowdon !

Anyway, busy day today, another tomorrow. Life eh ! It's all go.

20/11/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

Work, its a pain.  Life is too short, not enough time for running!

20/11/2012 at 07:50

Yup, certainly is. Although Monday is behind us, so cheer up, it's nearly the weekend...

I am seriously thinkging of caving in and buying an electric blanket. As I understand it, that puts us a few steps closer to the grave as only the elderly and infirm have electric blankets, but it's awful cold in bed and I can't be bothered with the hot water bottle faff.

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 07:53

morning

managed an early morning run in the dark,.......first time in over a year and got back before i would nornmally get up..........really does start the day off well

20/11/2012 at 08:24

Morning

Need another marathon then Alex

I never really liked the idea of an elctric blanket (despite having one as a teenager) - the concept of sleeping on an electric mat kinda makes me wonder if I would wake up with a perm one morning!

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 08:30

Tracey.i always have an electric blanket...........we have a dual control double one as its only me that gets cold.and it prevents me from having to put my cold feet on him for hours .........i put it on when i go to bed for an hour and then when i get up in the night again.when it gets really cold i will have it on low all night.....

my eldest son has oine as all as he is always cold at night.........i blame the residential school he went to that had the heating on high all year round.........the other two are fine.

20/11/2012 at 08:30
Go for it Tracey.
20/11/2012 at 22:06

Evening all

There's nothing wrong with electric blankets, if you want one, get one, Tracey. 

Milder today although a bit grim earlier on.

A jacket arrived today as part of my prize for Snowdon marathon. 

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 22:32

hope its lighter than the other prize nutty

20/11/2012 at 22:40

Seren - just a bit.  The slate wine rack is in place and won't move for a very long time!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/11/2012 at 05:46

morning all

I may be a bit odd, but I love getting into a cold bed and snuggling down and feel my body warming to cosy. Stems back from childhood I suppose when such things as electric blankets and central heating were unheard of.

Hope your jacket is nice NR, you worked hard for it!

21/11/2012 at 07:28

Morning all

Sue - it is a nice one thanks..

Been for an early morning swim and really enjoyed.  Haven't been for ages.

Have a good one all

21/11/2012 at 07:50

Morning folks

Don't want to get on the bike this morning. Gonna be wet out there and Sketty Lane is  no fun in the dark.

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 08:10

its miserable out there today again.going head for the pool

21/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

The amount of rain we are having at the moment a jet ski wouldn't be out of place!

Listening to the radio some time back about the rising cost of heating.... people saying that they are having to turn the central heating off and wear jumpers etc instead. How quickly we forget - as Sue says, it wasn't so long ago houses didn't have central heating and such - my familiial home still doesn't  (but that is another story!). Interesting side to that debate though - as houses didn't have central heating, there were not as many pipes to freeze causing damage when they thaw - so with modern homes the heating is more than just for the occupants!

I have a standpipe in the yard which freezes no matter how much inuslation I have put around it...

21/11/2012 at 21:18

Guys - have a lot at this thread to see if you can add anything:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/llanelli-parkrun/166876-3.html

21/11/2012 at 22:09

Evening all

The weather was awful this morning. Walking through Singleton Park was dodgy and involved wading through lots of water!!  What a difference this afternoon!!

Milder this evening for running again.

22/11/2012 at 06:48

Morning

Grump. grump, grump - coffee machine definately dead! We gp through coffee machines maybe two a year - really ought to have one in stock as of course it always breaks when you need it!

I don't mind tea, but it is not coffee... coffee brewed in a stove top perculater or even a bodem doesn't quite hit the spot for me... grump, grump, grump.

Can't tell what the weather is like as it is still dark out and so far have not ventured out there - I could hazard a guess and say it is wet - sure I won't be too far wrong!

22/11/2012 at 07:35

Morning all

Boffin - oh dear.... Don't fret.  It can be replaced.

I like peppermint tea.  Coffee keeps me awake so have a few cups a day.  Don't like tea with milk. 

Its windy and cold so dress up warm

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.