Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,161 to 37,180 of 39,433 messages
seren nos    pirate
22/11/2012 at 07:47

Off to the christmas market at glous#cester today with my mother so hope that its fine

coffee.bleugh

22/11/2012 at 07:53

Boff - I feel your pain brother! We use a cafeterre and always keep a spare in the house. The only way is coffee.

22/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

Another day of loads to do here we come .....

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/11/2012 at 08:22

I agree Tracey, the only way IS coffee. I can't drink much of it though, once my morning fix is done, I don't often drink much of it during the day. Like NR, it'd just keep me awake all night. I overdosed on the stuff when working nights with a small family so missing an equivalent of 3 nights sleep a week!

Nice a dry out there this morning so far. Something of a wind, but not too bad. A nice 6 miles has set me up for the day. Now for the work thing!

22/11/2012 at 21:40

Evening all

Hope you had a good day Seren.  Not the best day for Christmas shopping.

Glad you got our early and dodged the wind and rain Sue.

Another week flying by. 

Boffin - hope you sorted the coffee problem.  What a dilemma...

23/11/2012 at 08:19

Morning

Coffee machine yet to be replaced - it has to wait until going to Ammanford - one of the drawbacks to living in the country; everything is a long way away!

Brewing coffee with a stove top perculator then sieving it through the coffee filter to take out the sludge - bit of a phaff but it works

Wet one yesterday! - Windy too! We had planned to take two of our cattle off to the bull this weekend.... might be a slight problem getting the tractor to them and then even bigger problem getting tractor + trailier + cattle off the field again!!

seren nos    pirate
23/11/2012 at 08:36

Boffin.i imagine your fields are mud baths at the moment.

we have blue skies today

23/11/2012 at 21:34

Evening all

It was a mixed bag of weather here today.

Boffin - hope you are okay.  There are pros and cons to living in the countryside as you say.

seren nos    pirate
24/11/2012 at 07:10

weather forecast for today is looking a bit wet...........there are still places on the sleepwalker 20 mile race in the brecon beacons tonight if anyone has a free saturday night.............i think i had better take my good raincoat and spare headtorch batteries

24/11/2012 at 08:02

Can't you order stuff on line Boffin ?

Anyway, I have had coffee problems in the past. Have had periods of abstenence that were good but comming off coffee is seriously difficult.

24/11/2012 at 10:35

Morning

Yes we can Alex - Sweetie is the 'bees knees' when it comes to online purchases - however she is off to Ammanford on Monday and we bought the last coffee machine for £5 in Wilkinsons - figure they are disposable at that cost especially as they last as long as the £30 options!

Might be a tadge on the damp side for you tonight Seren!

Cattle movement cancelled due to fields being bogs - will have to rethink that one! I have until the end of the year to move them, so no frantic rush.

On the upside, I saw the consultant and he has discharged me as nothing more they can do so long as I don't fall over and damage it again. Referred for physio now. I can take the brace off for periods of time to allow my back to regain strength and can expect bone healing to take 12 to 18 months.

24/11/2012 at 20:50

Evening all

Boffin - fantastic news about your back.  Sounds like you had a bargain with your last coffee machine.  Bad luck about the cows and fields but so long as they are okay.

Good luck Seren. Its absolutely pouring down out there.

I can't give up the coffee.  Did once and was okay but tried again and gave up chocolate at the same time.  It was not a good idea!! Hence have coffee and chocolate every day now

Mother and aunt are visiting tomorrow after going to the Green Fayre so I have made a bacon and corn flan.  Really enjoyed baking and think I will have to do more over Christmas period so if anyone fancies being fed, you are more than welcome here!

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 01:12

it did rain the whole time Nutty but we were lucky that winds weren't too bad.and its sheltered for most of it........

the paths were horendous thoug,.mud and streams for most of it.....sucha  change in a week

glad we recceed the course as so many were doing extra detours......

infact was suprised at the finish to discover i was first female........most of the other must have been going around in circles after the last checkpoint

25/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

Well done getting first female Seren - even mud and rain doesn't slow you down

Good plan Nutty - clearly coffee and chocolate is a combination which suits you well I like chocolate, but can live without it... biscuits and crisps are my biggest junk food vice!

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 08:22

Boffin.anyother year I wouldn't even have had a chance at 3rd female...............just no fast ladies there and i managed to beat the other females on navigation

25/11/2012 at 09:01
First is first Seren. Well done.

We all have our vices Boffin. Could be worse.....

Have a good one all.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
25/11/2012 at 09:24

morning all

I was out with my team yesterday. Lunch at Morgans, very nice it was too, it's improved somewhat since the last time I was there. I did drink rather a lot of red grape juice. 

I took two of the grandchildren to  the winter wonderland on Friday then to Frankie and Bennys, the kids enjoyed the food, it's a bit too much fast foodlike for me.

Today I'm out lunching with more family! I'll have to go on a week long fast at this rate! 

I'm also a chocolate lover and don't have a stop valve when I get hold of any, for that reason I rarely buy it.

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 09:36

sue I'm not a big chocolate lover..........i do love the asdas choc liquers chocs and if i opena box end up eating them all............so i leave them in my mothers fridge up the road now..and just have one a day.out of sight out of mind

25/11/2012 at 18:53

Evening all

Busy life Sue.  Hope you enjoyed.

Seren - you too.  The things we do for fun.

Pembrey MT10 today.  Got first lady.  Fell over with less than a mile to go and was overtaken by the second lady only to pass her with seconds to spare!!! Was great to catch with so  many today, especially Phil. £50 better off.

Mother and aunt ate food and have gone now. 

Still wet out there. When will it stop?

25/11/2012 at 20:44

not like you to fall over Clare?

nice to see you all too - if only too briefly as it was getting cold!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.