Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,161 to 37,180 of 39,465 messages
24/11/2012 at 10:35

Morning

Yes we can Alex - Sweetie is the 'bees knees' when it comes to online purchases - however she is off to Ammanford on Monday and we bought the last coffee machine for £5 in Wilkinsons - figure they are disposable at that cost especially as they last as long as the £30 options!

Might be a tadge on the damp side for you tonight Seren!

Cattle movement cancelled due to fields being bogs - will have to rethink that one! I have until the end of the year to move them, so no frantic rush.

On the upside, I saw the consultant and he has discharged me as nothing more they can do so long as I don't fall over and damage it again. Referred for physio now. I can take the brace off for periods of time to allow my back to regain strength and can expect bone healing to take 12 to 18 months.

24/11/2012 at 20:50

Evening all

Boffin - fantastic news about your back.  Sounds like you had a bargain with your last coffee machine.  Bad luck about the cows and fields but so long as they are okay.

Good luck Seren. Its absolutely pouring down out there.

I can't give up the coffee.  Did once and was okay but tried again and gave up chocolate at the same time.  It was not a good idea!! Hence have coffee and chocolate every day now

Mother and aunt are visiting tomorrow after going to the Green Fayre so I have made a bacon and corn flan.  Really enjoyed baking and think I will have to do more over Christmas period so if anyone fancies being fed, you are more than welcome here!

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 01:12

it did rain the whole time Nutty but we were lucky that winds weren't too bad.and its sheltered for most of it........

the paths were horendous thoug,.mud and streams for most of it.....sucha  change in a week

glad we recceed the course as so many were doing extra detours......

infact was suprised at the finish to discover i was first female........most of the other must have been going around in circles after the last checkpoint

25/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning

Well done getting first female Seren - even mud and rain doesn't slow you down

Good plan Nutty - clearly coffee and chocolate is a combination which suits you well I like chocolate, but can live without it... biscuits and crisps are my biggest junk food vice!

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 08:22

Boffin.anyother year I wouldn't even have had a chance at 3rd female...............just no fast ladies there and i managed to beat the other females on navigation

25/11/2012 at 09:01
First is first Seren. Well done.

We all have our vices Boffin. Could be worse.....

Have a good one all.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
25/11/2012 at 09:24

morning all

I was out with my team yesterday. Lunch at Morgans, very nice it was too, it's improved somewhat since the last time I was there. I did drink rather a lot of red grape juice. 

I took two of the grandchildren to  the winter wonderland on Friday then to Frankie and Bennys, the kids enjoyed the food, it's a bit too much fast foodlike for me.

Today I'm out lunching with more family! I'll have to go on a week long fast at this rate! 

I'm also a chocolate lover and don't have a stop valve when I get hold of any, for that reason I rarely buy it.

seren nos    pirate
25/11/2012 at 09:36

sue I'm not a big chocolate lover..........i do love the asdas choc liquers chocs and if i opena box end up eating them all............so i leave them in my mothers fridge up the road now..and just have one a day.out of sight out of mind

25/11/2012 at 18:53

Evening all

Busy life Sue.  Hope you enjoyed.

Seren - you too.  The things we do for fun.

Pembrey MT10 today.  Got first lady.  Fell over with less than a mile to go and was overtaken by the second lady only to pass her with seconds to spare!!! Was great to catch with so  many today, especially Phil. £50 better off.

Mother and aunt ate food and have gone now. 

Still wet out there. When will it stop?

25/11/2012 at 20:44

not like you to fall over Clare?

nice to see you all too - if only too briefly as it was getting cold!

26/11/2012 at 07:31

Morning all

It was a bit nippy hanging around Phil.  Luckily I brought plenty of layers to change in to.

Didn't sleep much last night.  Work will be interesting today!

Have a good one all

seren nos    pirate
26/11/2012 at 07:48

congrats nutty again..your trphy cabinet must fill a room.......

26/11/2012 at 08:02

Morning

Fell over and still got first lady - that must have been a great sprint to the finish... stuff of Hollywood movies

I got out of bed in a rush this morning - Monday is rubbish day and they come around 7. I normally take it to the end of the lane on a Sunday evening, but then often forget! We have fortnightly collections for both recycling and rubbish which are staggered - so when it gets round to the fourth week I put on a little extra effort to put the rubbish out!!

Having said that, 4 weeks of council rubbish amounted to around two thirds of a black bag - most of the waste from here is either recycled or burnt. An advantage of living where we do - can't imagine neighbours would approve of an incinerator burning rubbish!

26/11/2012 at 20:37

Evening all

Boffin - the rubbish collections these days are a pain.  Missed mine the other week and had to wait another two weeks before the main rubbish went.  As you say, with recycling there's not a lot of general waste.  I recycle everything too

Bit blustery out there this evening.

27/11/2012 at 07:30

Morning

27/11/2012 at 11:24

Morning - just about!

We have a new coffee machine Coffeeeeee

We are fortunate to have loads of space - so storing rubbish is not a problem if needed... storing it where the foxes etc won't spread it around is another matter!

I reckon I can ultimately make flapjacks practically 100% from produce we make here... Just need a milking cow and grow some oats... I can make fairly acceptable flapjacks from our honey - so no sugar needed. Still needs butter / marge hence the milking cow - and they grow oats in Scotland, so we should be able to grow them here?

Practically 100% comes from the cooking - we have an electric oven.... I could light a fire and cook them in the barns, but that is perhaps not that realistic!

We have had lots of meals where the majority is home produced, but it is surprising what little extras we add to cooking that are not that easy, or practical, to substitute - like spices.

Our plan once the children are fending for themselves is to try one calender year being as self sufficient as possible - an external shop will be done at the start to cover the year - things like loo roll, toothpaste and coffee! Amazing to think what would be needed.

27/11/2012 at 20:39

Boff - what a brilliant idea! I have heard that stuff about spices before - it's amazing how hard it is to find an acceptable substitute for pepper! And as for coffee...

Test day for my students on Thursday so we are frantically trying to revise as much as we can. I seem to be doing twice as much as them. I don't know what's on the exam, I didn't write it and I haven't seen it but I simply cannot persuade my students to believe that. If I hear "is this in the exam?" one more time, I may scream.

On the other hand, very nice 5 miles tonight, with a strong wind behind us for some of it. Most exhilarating! 

27/11/2012 at 21:49

Evening all

Boffin - enjoy the coffee!

Tracey - good luck with students.  I have the same problem with the ones I tutor too.  Ah well..,.. Glad you are running again.

seren nos    pirate
28/11/2012 at 08:14

morning all.off for a swim again.........and a spin....gettinga bit used to training indoors at the moment.will run later

28/11/2012 at 09:24

Morning

Not a bad idea training indoors - considering our weather at the moment! Having said that I was dazzled by an unfamiliar bright yellow thing in the East this morning - gone now so no need to call out the Army!

Tell them it is all on the exam Tracey, so they better learn it!

Mmmmmm coffee

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.