Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,201 to 37,220 of 39,433 messages
30/11/2012 at 21:19

Evening

Was nippy.  Wouldn't be surprised to see snow soon.

December tomorrow.  Where does the time go?!

01/12/2012 at 11:19

Morning all

Heating not working this morning. Nothing serious, just boiler needing repressurising, but one of the kids had a cold shower before it was fixed - ouch!

Off for lunch in the Pantygwydr with people we really like but haven't seen for ages - yum yum yum.

Looks like all my students passed, so huge sighs of reliefs all round.

Life is good.

01/12/2012 at 23:13

Evening all

Sounds like you have things sussed Tracey.

Been out for a very nice meal at ASK.  Nine of us in total and a good time was had by all

02/12/2012 at 10:35

Morning

RW fell out with me yesterday - wouldn't let me log on... had to work instead!

Not the time of year for the heating not to be working - good it was easily sorted.

Even I get a chocolate advent calendar - a cheerful santa yesterday and a squat snowman for today!

02/12/2012 at 21:55

Evening all

Boffin - at least you have coffee.  No RW is nothing in comparison!

Bit wintry out there today. 

03/12/2012 at 07:20

Morning all

Monday again.  Here we go!

03/12/2012 at 08:15

Morning indeed.

At least it is not so cold this morning. Got loads to do too.

03/12/2012 at 08:20

Morning

Indeed I do have coffee If it were a cold and frosty morning, and moreover if we had a mullberry bush, we could go around it!

My Dexter cattle are not happy with me - I have put them in a barn to make it easier to load onto a trailer. They don't like being shut in the barn - would much rather trample the fields to death and wander into the barn for feed when they felt like it!

Another jovial chocolate santa in my advent calendar - supposed to be 'discovering their new characters'.... two jovial santa heads and a snowman so far.

03/12/2012 at 08:30

Morning

Monday morning but I am only working today and then off for the rest of the week. So it's also Friday sort of.

03/12/2012 at 12:27

Morning once more,

Nice day today, and not too cold. Just head an excellent programme on Radio 4.

03/12/2012 at 18:57

Oooo brilliant Alex! I  heard the first series and then bought and devoured the book which was about etymology. It was superb - so entertaining and interesting. I have it here if you are interested. Chuffed that he's got a new one out all ready for me to give to fellow English language freaks and ask Santa to put it in my Christmas stocking.

03/12/2012 at 21:21

Evening all

Amazing WA.  I think both books will be doing the rounds!!

Enjoy time off Tracey.  Excellent news that everyone passed.

Nippy again tonight. 

Boffin - unhappy cows, oh dear.....

seren nos    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:23

definotely a bit nippy.had a great weekend away staying with Mouse for a christmas do on the saturday...still tired now and been busy sorting my mother out today who is not well...........

04/12/2012 at 07:27

Morning all

Sounds like you had a good one Seren.  Hope your mother improves.

04/12/2012 at 11:48

Morning - ish

Ah books - with pages - lovely. Whatever will happen to the good old book now the likes of Kindles are all the rage? - And what is to become of bookshelves? Boffette is asking for a Kindle Fire - whatever that is? Put it too close to me and it may end up as kindling for the fire!!

Oh I don't like much where the world is going... wifi this that and the other, all synchronising with themselves to make our lives better - whether we want it or not!

Chocolate snowman again today - chocolate is nice though

04/12/2012 at 14:33

I suspect a similar conversation was had about the invention of the printing press Boff. Fact is, there's nowt we can do about it and meanwhile, reading on Kindle is delightful, I rarely read dead tree these days and as you know I am a confirmed bibilophile.

Kindle Fire is an android tablet PC with the Amazon front end on it, so good for videos, email, facebook and google as well as its primary use which is an electronic means to download and read books. Apps are availabe cheaply from the Amazon app store. It's a total bargain compared to the iPad and is now the second biggest seller in the world. Were it not for the fact that we already have more computers, lap tops, smart phones and kindles than Curry's, I'd be buying one each for my kids.

04/12/2012 at 14:42

Afternoon

04/12/2012 at 21:24

Evening all

Boffin - I know what you mean.  Sometimes the simple things in life are best.  Took cake into work today and cheered everyone up

Tracey - how is your foot now?  Hope you are back running full speed.

Wet and cold tonight, very wintry.

seren nos    pirate
05/12/2012 at 08:30

norning

no snow hwere but oooks cold.i'm heading to the gym for a swim and a spin class 

i ran 4 days in a row last week and looks like i'm going to have 4 rest days in a row 

05/12/2012 at 13:25

Afternoon - Taking ram lambs to the market took the morning. Wasn't sure what the character was today - had to investigate the packaging to learn that it was 'Hector the Robin' - what kind of marketing meeting came up with the concept of a robin wearing a World War I type flying helmet called Hector to be a particularily good character for a moulded chocolate in an advent calendar?

I expect the monks were quite put out when the printing press put them out of work! So a kindle fire is an Amazon monopoly rather like the ipod which only wants to use files from Apple?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.