Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,221 to 37,240 of 39,293 messages
05/12/2012 at 17:17

Android is open source Boff. Amazon have their own layer on top but nothing to stop you digging down and playing. It's not trivial but is certainly possible and doesn't invalidate any guarantees like it does with Apple.

My foot is really good Nutty. Have run as far as six miles completely pain free. Bit scared to go further but then don't feel the need to at the moment. Maybe in the spring when the girls start ramping up the miles but right now, five or six miles is just right.

Made mince pies. First two dozen but judging by the way they are disappearing, not the last.

05/12/2012 at 22:08

Evening all

Great news Tracey.  Tis the season to be jolly

I am not very good with modern technology.  I can just about type on here and thats your lot!!

06/12/2012 at 08:04

Morning all

Me neither Nutty, but I live in a house full of technophiles and some of it rubs off whether I like it or not.

With regard to the Kindle specifically though, I read a lot, about three books a week roughly, and the Kindle makes it easier. It is lighter, easier to hold in one hand, has a variable font size for when my eyes are tired, a light I can use and not disturb OH and a dictionary which I can access instantly. If you like books, stay with paper, but if you like reading, it's a winner.

seren nos    pirate
06/12/2012 at 08:17

morning

its a tad cold this morning.the back brakes were frozen on on the car

06/12/2012 at 08:27

Morning .... here we (I) go again. Another day of durge !

06/12/2012 at 10:25

Morning

Time for a mince pie then Alex - better get round to Tracey quick as they seem to be going fast

Good to hear your foot is holding up Tracey - nice steady miles over the winter as you say, then you will be in good form if you want to do more in the spring

I think I may have eaten all the pies - non in the house and my back brace has broken under the strain!!!

06/12/2012 at 21:44

Evening all

Was freezing this morning.  The rain cleared all the frost but still very cold.  Good reason to eat more pie

Look after your back Boffin.  Sounds like life on the farm is busy.

Another week nearly over.  Christmas is only round the corner.

06/12/2012 at 21:50

Evening !

06/12/2012 at 21:59

Rain was blimmin' cold tonight. I was wrapped up well but still freezing after 6 miles.

06/12/2012 at 22:01

WA - its getting worse out there by the sound of it.  Nipped out to the bin and got soaked to the skin!

Supposed to be nice over the weekend

06/12/2012 at 22:27

It takes me a whole week to read 1 book.

07/12/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

07/12/2012 at 08:18

Went running in that last night. Felt like a proper little soldier. Good when we got home though and curry for tea which is always good.

A book a week is good Alex, more than the vast majority of people read. I didn't know you were a reader, you are a man of many parts.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 08:31

morning

i have ben studying the profiles and characters of those who have been shortlisted for the asics compettion next year and I'm getting close to making my selection

07/12/2012 at 15:15

Afternoon

I must be in the vast majority - a book (novel) a decade is probably more my level!

I miss lots of things about running - funny that getting soaked and frozen in winter is not one of them

Major animal movements done for this year - two cattle have just gone off to the bull; he got straight to work - my cattle are tarts!

Another cheerfull santa today

07/12/2012 at 21:16

Evening all

Seren - hope you got there!

Well done Boffin.  Frisky cows - one way to keep warm!

Cold one tonight again. 

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 21:19

one of those trying for an asics 5 place at paris is hoping for a 2:20 marathon for his first one.he is young and fast ........I really don't think that following the schedules on here will be the best way forward for him.he already has an outside coach.........i can't see these forums helpi g him to a commonwealth place in 2014 like he wants

08/12/2012 at 08:57

Daisy's Japanese friend is coming over tomorrow to join in with the traditional Christmas activity of decorating of the Christmas tree. I predict...

"It's not straight"

"Don't step on the lights!"

"I want the fairy on the top!"

"The fairy's stupid, I want the star!"

"You're not really going to put those ancient home made decorations on again are you Mum?"

"It's still not straight"

"Get the cat out of the tree!"

"Don't start eating the chocolate decorations already!"

"Stll not straight"

"Whose stupid idea was this anyway?"

seren nos    pirate
08/12/2012 at 09:00

we won't be thinking about our tree for a week or two Tracey.good luck

Are any of you running at the cross country at Builth today.if so good luck

08/12/2012 at 12:17

Afternoon

Chocolate elf today

Chocolate decorations? - they wouldn't stand a chance here... the ladies will get them - the humans may be able to control themselves for a day or two, no chance with the dog!

Christmas chocolate is always a problem, the children like to have thier chocolate to hand - which suits the dog fine. Explaining that chocolate is not good for dogs doesn't really hold much sway with her - she just wags her tail regardless!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.