Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,221 to 37,240 of 39,542 messages
06/12/2012 at 22:27

It takes me a whole week to read 1 book.

07/12/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

07/12/2012 at 08:18

Went running in that last night. Felt like a proper little soldier. Good when we got home though and curry for tea which is always good.

A book a week is good Alex, more than the vast majority of people read. I didn't know you were a reader, you are a man of many parts.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 08:31

morning

i have ben studying the profiles and characters of those who have been shortlisted for the asics compettion next year and I'm getting close to making my selection

07/12/2012 at 15:15

Afternoon

I must be in the vast majority - a book (novel) a decade is probably more my level!

I miss lots of things about running - funny that getting soaked and frozen in winter is not one of them

Major animal movements done for this year - two cattle have just gone off to the bull; he got straight to work - my cattle are tarts!

Another cheerfull santa today

07/12/2012 at 21:16

Evening all

Seren - hope you got there!

Well done Boffin.  Frisky cows - one way to keep warm!

Cold one tonight again. 

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 21:19

one of those trying for an asics 5 place at paris is hoping for a 2:20 marathon for his first one.he is young and fast ........I really don't think that following the schedules on here will be the best way forward for him.he already has an outside coach.........i can't see these forums helpi g him to a commonwealth place in 2014 like he wants

08/12/2012 at 08:57

Daisy's Japanese friend is coming over tomorrow to join in with the traditional Christmas activity of decorating of the Christmas tree. I predict...

"It's not straight"

"Don't step on the lights!"

"I want the fairy on the top!"

"The fairy's stupid, I want the star!"

"You're not really going to put those ancient home made decorations on again are you Mum?"

"It's still not straight"

"Get the cat out of the tree!"

"Don't start eating the chocolate decorations already!"

"Stll not straight"

"Whose stupid idea was this anyway?"

seren nos    pirate
08/12/2012 at 09:00

we won't be thinking about our tree for a week or two Tracey.good luck

Are any of you running at the cross country at Builth today.if so good luck

08/12/2012 at 12:17

Afternoon

Chocolate elf today

Chocolate decorations? - they wouldn't stand a chance here... the ladies will get them - the humans may be able to control themselves for a day or two, no chance with the dog!

Christmas chocolate is always a problem, the children like to have thier chocolate to hand - which suits the dog fine. Explaining that chocolate is not good for dogs doesn't really hold much sway with her - she just wags her tail regardless!

08/12/2012 at 20:46

Evening all

Hope your tree is in place and to everyone's liking Tracey

Builth was muddy today. Fell before the race but stayed upright in all the mud!!!  Lovely day for it and always good to catch up with so many people.

Children and pets Boffin. Farm animals too, you have your work cut out!!

09/12/2012 at 07:33

Morning all

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/12/2012 at 07:49

morning 

09/12/2012 at 09:07

Morning

Change of tactics Nutty? falling before the race I hope only your pride was dented.

Enjoy your tree wars Tracey

09/12/2012 at 10:42

Morning folks

Are you OK Nutty? You didn't hurt yourself?

I thought we had potential problems this year with the kittens and the tree, but a couple of labradors could really do some damage if they wanted to! Maybe not chocolate decorations for the Boffs then!

Just had a very nice plod down to Mumbles and up Plunch Lane. A couple of months ago I could no more have done that than fly, so I was a very happy bunny. Got a pile of gwaith cartref to do now, then let the tree wars commence!

10/12/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

Thought I posted on here last night!

All good thanks.  I bounce back after falling, loads of experience!!

Great news about your running Tracey.  Nothing quite like it.  The tree too.

Have a good one all

11/12/2012 at 07:21

Morning

seren nos    pirate
11/12/2012 at 07:45

Tr#acey first christmas after we had the cats the female one destroyed the tree.each morning we foundit on the floor..........our mistake it turned out as we had a fairy on top of the tree with lots of feathers on and the female cat was small enough to run right up the middle of the tree to get to the feathers.......

we had to buy a new tree and this one is much denser and of course the cats have better things to do now eith their time.like slep and eat

off to manchester now for no 2 sons first uni interview..so a long drive.i'v epacked my running kit and swim kit as i will have a few hours to kill before driving back

11/12/2012 at 14:55

Good luck in Manchester Seren, not that he needs it, they'd be mad to turn that fine young man down.

Tree is up and twinkling. Kittens not remotely interested which I didn't expect, I think they are just being obtuse.

11/12/2012 at 21:59

Evening all

Hope your day was successful Seren. Are you doing the Pudding run?

Tracey - good news about cats and tree. 

Cold out there again this evening.  Thick frost too.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.