Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,241 to 37,260 of 39,433 messages
08/12/2012 at 20:46

Evening all

Hope your tree is in place and to everyone's liking Tracey

Builth was muddy today. Fell before the race but stayed upright in all the mud!!!  Lovely day for it and always good to catch up with so many people.

Children and pets Boffin. Farm animals too, you have your work cut out!!

09/12/2012 at 07:33

Morning all

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/12/2012 at 07:49

morning 

09/12/2012 at 09:07

Morning

Change of tactics Nutty? falling before the race I hope only your pride was dented.

Enjoy your tree wars Tracey

09/12/2012 at 10:42

Morning folks

Are you OK Nutty? You didn't hurt yourself?

I thought we had potential problems this year with the kittens and the tree, but a couple of labradors could really do some damage if they wanted to! Maybe not chocolate decorations for the Boffs then!

Just had a very nice plod down to Mumbles and up Plunch Lane. A couple of months ago I could no more have done that than fly, so I was a very happy bunny. Got a pile of gwaith cartref to do now, then let the tree wars commence!

10/12/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

Thought I posted on here last night!

All good thanks.  I bounce back after falling, loads of experience!!

Great news about your running Tracey.  Nothing quite like it.  The tree too.

Have a good one all

11/12/2012 at 07:21

Morning

seren nos    pirate
11/12/2012 at 07:45

Tr#acey first christmas after we had the cats the female one destroyed the tree.each morning we foundit on the floor..........our mistake it turned out as we had a fairy on top of the tree with lots of feathers on and the female cat was small enough to run right up the middle of the tree to get to the feathers.......

we had to buy a new tree and this one is much denser and of course the cats have better things to do now eith their time.like slep and eat

off to manchester now for no 2 sons first uni interview..so a long drive.i'v epacked my running kit and swim kit as i will have a few hours to kill before driving back

11/12/2012 at 14:55

Good luck in Manchester Seren, not that he needs it, they'd be mad to turn that fine young man down.

Tree is up and twinkling. Kittens not remotely interested which I didn't expect, I think they are just being obtuse.

11/12/2012 at 21:59

Evening all

Hope your day was successful Seren. Are you doing the Pudding run?

Tracey - good news about cats and tree. 

Cold out there again this evening.  Thick frost too.

11/12/2012 at 22:24

Evening,

Icy out there so loads of runs recently have been slow. Another slow 7 tonight. Brrrrrr !

12/12/2012 at 07:25

Morning all

Bit nippy again today

12/12/2012 at 11:31

Morning - just

Another chocolate elf for today.

Looks liek the weather is set to warm up and then rain - what a surprise!

12/12/2012 at 21:18

Evening all

So long as its warmer Boffin, I can deal with rain!

Christmas is creeping up fast.  How is the tree doing Tracey?!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/12/2012 at 07:21

morning - cold out there!!! brrrr! 

13/12/2012 at 07:24

Morning

It is very, very cold. 

seren nos    pirate
13/12/2012 at 07:46

i prefer the cold to the rain.........it doesn't seem as cold today.no frost here.....it was very cold yesterday evening running and had to watch out for ice.trying to work out what to do about my bike ride today

but just to be in the right mood

13/12/2012 at 07:57

Morning!

Tree is fine thank you Nutty. Kittens are not remotely interested but you never know what they are going to do next - work party last night and my secret santa present was a pair of microwaveable slippers. Was really chuffed as I often have cold feet so I tried them out as soon as I got in. Zapped them, put them on and was contentedly wriggling my toes when the kittens launched themselves at the slippers - they were biting, scratching and generally trying to kill them and they wouldn't give up despite being batted away repeatedly. It was most unnerving - I was chatting happily to Bob one minute and getting my toes bitten the next. As I may have said before, bloody cats!

13/12/2012 at 11:06

Morning

Farm cats are fine - feed them in the barn, they amuse themselves outdoors and do not come in the house at all - the pet cat different story! Never happy wherever it is and vomits around the house as it pleases - very nice!

Nice to have nice cosy slippers  - wonder what they are lined with that is microwaveable - and is it harmful to cats?

Very chilly this morning - cattle are not impressed with their water tub being frozen - not good for running as all the pavements must be a lottery - to slip, or not to slip that must be the question?

13/12/2012 at 21:16

Evening all

Had a good run despite the cold this evening.  Stroll on milder weather, even if its wet.

Tracey - great present.  Your story reminded me of when I stayed with  my sister years ago.  I slept on the living room floor with two cats using my nose as a target.  I had to take shelter under the covers and woke up with a bloody nose!!!

Boffin - slipping is a problem.  Just have to go slower.  I fall over fresh air any way!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.