Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,241 to 37,260 of 39,495 messages
11/12/2012 at 22:24

Evening,

Icy out there so loads of runs recently have been slow. Another slow 7 tonight. Brrrrrr !

12/12/2012 at 07:25

Morning all

Bit nippy again today

12/12/2012 at 11:31

Morning - just

Another chocolate elf for today.

Looks liek the weather is set to warm up and then rain - what a surprise!

12/12/2012 at 21:18

Evening all

So long as its warmer Boffin, I can deal with rain!

Christmas is creeping up fast.  How is the tree doing Tracey?!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/12/2012 at 07:21

morning - cold out there!!! brrrr! 

13/12/2012 at 07:24

Morning

It is very, very cold. 

seren nos    pirate
13/12/2012 at 07:46

i prefer the cold to the rain.........it doesn't seem as cold today.no frost here.....it was very cold yesterday evening running and had to watch out for ice.trying to work out what to do about my bike ride today

but just to be in the right mood

13/12/2012 at 07:57

Morning!

Tree is fine thank you Nutty. Kittens are not remotely interested but you never know what they are going to do next - work party last night and my secret santa present was a pair of microwaveable slippers. Was really chuffed as I often have cold feet so I tried them out as soon as I got in. Zapped them, put them on and was contentedly wriggling my toes when the kittens launched themselves at the slippers - they were biting, scratching and generally trying to kill them and they wouldn't give up despite being batted away repeatedly. It was most unnerving - I was chatting happily to Bob one minute and getting my toes bitten the next. As I may have said before, bloody cats!

13/12/2012 at 11:06

Morning

Farm cats are fine - feed them in the barn, they amuse themselves outdoors and do not come in the house at all - the pet cat different story! Never happy wherever it is and vomits around the house as it pleases - very nice!

Nice to have nice cosy slippers  - wonder what they are lined with that is microwaveable - and is it harmful to cats?

Very chilly this morning - cattle are not impressed with their water tub being frozen - not good for running as all the pavements must be a lottery - to slip, or not to slip that must be the question?

13/12/2012 at 21:16

Evening all

Had a good run despite the cold this evening.  Stroll on milder weather, even if its wet.

Tracey - great present.  Your story reminded me of when I stayed with  my sister years ago.  I slept on the living room floor with two cats using my nose as a target.  I had to take shelter under the covers and woke up with a bloody nose!!!

Boffin - slipping is a problem.  Just have to go slower.  I fall over fresh air any way!!

14/12/2012 at 02:12

Evening .. back for Gt Yarmouth again. Been to see brother and get teeth sorted. Nice run round the broads as usual and it was blimmin cold up there. Bought him a copy of the Horologican too.

14/12/2012 at 07:47

I saw the dentist this week too. Nothing needed doing thankfully. The dentist told me my teeth were "normal". Better than abnormal I suppose but talk about damning with faint praise!

Excellent run last night. One of my running mates has been ill and her running has suffered badly these last few months. She was close to despair recently but a prescription for the right sort of inhaler and a little bit more time has made a world of difference. She was pounding up the hills with me and another friend struggling to stay with her, it was really lovely to see.

14/12/2012 at 08:00

Morning all

Thats great news about your friend Tracey.  Nothing beats running.

WA - glad you fitted in some quality time with having teeth done.

Its grim out there today.  Off to away day with work

14/12/2012 at 10:33

Morning

Have fun Nutty. Pity your friend has been ill Tracey, but good news the new inhaler is working well for her.

Was chilly for sure yesterday - warmer today but wet with it.

14/12/2012 at 21:42

Evening all

I survived, just. Nice pasta lunch which was highlight of the day. 

Count down is on for Christmas.

How are the animals Boffin?  Hope they are all snug in the warm

15/12/2012 at 08:32

Morning

Cattle and poultry are indoors, the sheep are outdoors - I often wonder about the animals outside and then am reminded that if I were cold I might put on a wollen jumper -  that's just what the sheep have! Top that with the lanolin in their wool and they are warm and dry. The cattle are indoors more for management than their comfort - allthough they don't do so bad were they are! When it is wet like this the cattle turn the fields into a mud bath - which means no grass for them to eat next year. As for the poultry - well they are fox food outdoors in the winter.

The away day wasn't a Christmas party then Nutty? Christmas is definately on it's way - chocolate reindeer yesterday - too early yet for todays!

15/12/2012 at 20:25

Evening all

No Christmas party Boffin.  Talking about work, lunch then more talking about work!!

Just back from Thai Elephant.  Lovely food

See some of you tomorrow

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/12/2012 at 06:31

morning

glad you enjoyed the Thai Elephant Nutty - p'raps we could make it a ThaiPie fest evening sometime.

I went to the Copper Penny (a new place in Port Talbot) on Friday with some friends - now that's a culinary experience to avoid in future . The food was mundane at best, but very overcooked and they forgot the pudding course!!

Some good news re Park run for those who haven't seen it. A great possibility that we'll have one in Cross Hands before spring.

16/12/2012 at 08:54

Morning

Christmas party would have been nicer idea I'm sure - maybe you could have talked about that instead?

One to avoid there then Sue - overcookin gfood is one thing... but forgetting the pudding!

16/12/2012 at 09:09
Morning all. Just catching up.hope everyone is well and you are all looking forward to the festive season.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.