Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,261 to 37,280 of 39,289 messages
14/12/2012 at 02:12

Evening .. back for Gt Yarmouth again. Been to see brother and get teeth sorted. Nice run round the broads as usual and it was blimmin cold up there. Bought him a copy of the Horologican too.

14/12/2012 at 07:47

I saw the dentist this week too. Nothing needed doing thankfully. The dentist told me my teeth were "normal". Better than abnormal I suppose but talk about damning with faint praise!

Excellent run last night. One of my running mates has been ill and her running has suffered badly these last few months. She was close to despair recently but a prescription for the right sort of inhaler and a little bit more time has made a world of difference. She was pounding up the hills with me and another friend struggling to stay with her, it was really lovely to see.

14/12/2012 at 08:00

Morning all

Thats great news about your friend Tracey.  Nothing beats running.

WA - glad you fitted in some quality time with having teeth done.

Its grim out there today.  Off to away day with work

14/12/2012 at 10:33

Morning

Have fun Nutty. Pity your friend has been ill Tracey, but good news the new inhaler is working well for her.

Was chilly for sure yesterday - warmer today but wet with it.

14/12/2012 at 21:42

Evening all

I survived, just. Nice pasta lunch which was highlight of the day. 

Count down is on for Christmas.

How are the animals Boffin?  Hope they are all snug in the warm

15/12/2012 at 08:32

Morning

Cattle and poultry are indoors, the sheep are outdoors - I often wonder about the animals outside and then am reminded that if I were cold I might put on a wollen jumper -  that's just what the sheep have! Top that with the lanolin in their wool and they are warm and dry. The cattle are indoors more for management than their comfort - allthough they don't do so bad were they are! When it is wet like this the cattle turn the fields into a mud bath - which means no grass for them to eat next year. As for the poultry - well they are fox food outdoors in the winter.

The away day wasn't a Christmas party then Nutty? Christmas is definately on it's way - chocolate reindeer yesterday - too early yet for todays!

15/12/2012 at 20:25

Evening all

No Christmas party Boffin.  Talking about work, lunch then more talking about work!!

Just back from Thai Elephant.  Lovely food

See some of you tomorrow

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/12/2012 at 06:31

morning

glad you enjoyed the Thai Elephant Nutty - p'raps we could make it a ThaiPie fest evening sometime.

I went to the Copper Penny (a new place in Port Talbot) on Friday with some friends - now that's a culinary experience to avoid in future . The food was mundane at best, but very overcooked and they forgot the pudding course!!

Some good news re Park run for those who haven't seen it. A great possibility that we'll have one in Cross Hands before spring.

16/12/2012 at 08:54

Morning

Christmas party would have been nicer idea I'm sure - maybe you could have talked about that instead?

One to avoid there then Sue - overcookin gfood is one thing... but forgetting the pudding!

16/12/2012 at 09:09
Morning all. Just catching up.hope everyone is well and you are all looking forward to the festive season.
16/12/2012 at 10:42

Morning all

Is it the Pudding run today? Reckon it must be. Good luck all you runners and pudding people!

Nce 6 miles this morning along the beach, unfortunatley didn't manage to avoid the rain! Have done emails and pottered round kitchen so now off for bubbly bath I reckon. Have two weeks off and nothing to do - bliss!

seren nos    pirate
16/12/2012 at 13:43

yes the pudding run was brilliant.....blue skies and sunshine again..................the nuddiest I have seen it.....would love to know if nutty stayed on her feet..............I was just 2 minutes slower than last year and comparing the conditions for the two years i will take that as a win

great to speak to everyone briefly

16/12/2012 at 16:18

I did the pudding run.

Started off nice and slowly deciding not to blow on the dune, got to the dune in probably 12th or 15th, but from there on it really was not happening. Made the stupid choice of road shoes and could not even run down the golf course quickly. Gutted. I am really not that shit yet in every way I could not get myself going today.

It is a nice race though and nice to see everyone. Normally if I don't perform my best I don't care but for some reason I am really cross and frustrated today.

We need more races like this and Tracey, I could have got you a last min number as MWA entered and did not run.

16/12/2012 at 16:22

Just looked at the results and I was actually probably 5th coming off the dune on to the road. Stupid idiot.

16/12/2012 at 21:02

Evening all

Was good to catch up with so many people today.  Always a lovely atmosphere at the Pudding Run.

In true style, I stayed upright throughout the course then fell in the river, down on all fours!!  It was very wet and muddy on the course.  Got 2nd vet

WA - its a tricky one to judge as alot of the course is sand which is usually easy to run on.  We all have off days and you have done really well in all the other races recently. 

16/12/2012 at 22:52

Humph !

Anyway, back to the drawing board it is !

16/12/2012 at 22:54

This shooting in the school in the States is awful beyond words. Bloody american madmen and their gun laws.

17/12/2012 at 07:15

Morning all

WA - it is awful.  Photos in the newspaper today.  Beyond comprehension.

Monday again. 

seren nos    pirate
17/12/2012 at 07:26

truely horrible........was annoyed at one of the local church ministers there...who said that the gun law were fine...you just needed to change the society where there is so much hate in the hearts of people.........get the peopel when they are young to be good and feel love.............

so this only occurs if the children are not brought up christian.................now i am religious and attend church but this kind of shit coming from so called religious people really gets me wound up........

this is a tradegy and whilst the guy could have gone mad with a knife ...there is no way that so many people would have been killed before he would have been wresled to the ground

17/12/2012 at 07:56

I heard last night that the assault rifle belonged to his mother. What on earth is a middle aged primary school teacher doing with an assault rifle? There's something wrong with those people.

On a brighter note, pleased about Mr Wiggins, who seems like a nice bloke.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.