Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,261 to 37,280 of 39,497 messages
16/12/2012 at 10:42

Morning all

Is it the Pudding run today? Reckon it must be. Good luck all you runners and pudding people!

Nce 6 miles this morning along the beach, unfortunatley didn't manage to avoid the rain! Have done emails and pottered round kitchen so now off for bubbly bath I reckon. Have two weeks off and nothing to do - bliss!

seren nos    pirate
16/12/2012 at 13:43

yes the pudding run was brilliant.....blue skies and sunshine again..................the nuddiest I have seen it.....would love to know if nutty stayed on her feet..............I was just 2 minutes slower than last year and comparing the conditions for the two years i will take that as a win

great to speak to everyone briefly

16/12/2012 at 16:18

I did the pudding run.

Started off nice and slowly deciding not to blow on the dune, got to the dune in probably 12th or 15th, but from there on it really was not happening. Made the stupid choice of road shoes and could not even run down the golf course quickly. Gutted. I am really not that shit yet in every way I could not get myself going today.

It is a nice race though and nice to see everyone. Normally if I don't perform my best I don't care but for some reason I am really cross and frustrated today.

We need more races like this and Tracey, I could have got you a last min number as MWA entered and did not run.

16/12/2012 at 16:22

Just looked at the results and I was actually probably 5th coming off the dune on to the road. Stupid idiot.

16/12/2012 at 21:02

Evening all

Was good to catch up with so many people today.  Always a lovely atmosphere at the Pudding Run.

In true style, I stayed upright throughout the course then fell in the river, down on all fours!!  It was very wet and muddy on the course.  Got 2nd vet

WA - its a tricky one to judge as alot of the course is sand which is usually easy to run on.  We all have off days and you have done really well in all the other races recently. 

16/12/2012 at 22:52

Humph !

Anyway, back to the drawing board it is !

16/12/2012 at 22:54

This shooting in the school in the States is awful beyond words. Bloody american madmen and their gun laws.

17/12/2012 at 07:15

Morning all

WA - it is awful.  Photos in the newspaper today.  Beyond comprehension.

Monday again. 

seren nos    pirate
17/12/2012 at 07:26

truely horrible........was annoyed at one of the local church ministers there...who said that the gun law were fine...you just needed to change the society where there is so much hate in the hearts of people.........get the peopel when they are young to be good and feel love.............

so this only occurs if the children are not brought up christian.................now i am religious and attend church but this kind of shit coming from so called religious people really gets me wound up........

this is a tradegy and whilst the guy could have gone mad with a knife ...there is no way that so many people would have been killed before he would have been wresled to the ground

17/12/2012 at 07:56

I heard last night that the assault rifle belonged to his mother. What on earth is a middle aged primary school teacher doing with an assault rifle? There's something wrong with those people.

On a brighter note, pleased about Mr Wiggins, who seems like a nice bloke.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
17/12/2012 at 08:27
Morning

The killings are just beyond belief - America has had far to many of those now, time to stop fussing about and sort it..

On another note, I so enjoyed Merthyr Mawr yesterday - a fab race
17/12/2012 at 09:57

Morning

They have to accept that there is no longer a place in open society for an assault rifle - or any automatic weapons. Intended purely to kill multiple people; not needed for home defence, sport or even hunting. Anybody who wants to play with such things should go and be cannon foodder in the army.

Saddest thing is the next sicko nutcase is revelling in all the attention and media coverage. I dread to think.

The Pudding Run is a fantastic run which I think should never be taken too seriously - running shoes, fell shoes, wellington boots... don't beat yourself up Alex, enjoy the pudding

17/12/2012 at 20:45

Evening all

Pudding Race was a good social Sue.  Thanks for your company.

The years are slipping by.  Another eventful one.  What will next year have in store?  Lots of pies I bet

17/12/2012 at 22:23

"I heard last night that the assault rifle belonged to his mother. What on earth is a middle aged primary school teacher doing with an assault rifle? There's something wrong with those people."

Yup ... what is wrong with them !

Bradley, yes, he does seem like a nice genuine bike. I am pleased for him albeit after the Armstrong thing I find it hard to wholeheartidly embrace cycling.

18/12/2012 at 07:29

Morning all

WA - apparently his mother was stock piling supplies and guns because she anticipated the end was nigh.  The newspaper also said she enjoyed shooting and would take her sons shooting with her.  Maternal instinct gone drastically wrong.

18/12/2012 at 07:51

I think I may have more or less finished my Christmas shopping...

18/12/2012 at 10:04

Morning

Well done Tracey something to tick of your list; Boffette and I braved the shops on Sunday - not really shopping, more of an excuse to spend an afternoon out together whilst embracing the Capitalism of Christmas.

18/12/2012 at 21:39

Evening all

Nice to get it all done ready for the big day Tracey.

Good time of year for bonding with the children Boffin.

Much milder for running this evening

18/12/2012 at 22:39

Evening, it was mild to.

Well done on the shopping Tracey. I think MWA will never finish and I have not started.

19/12/2012 at 06:32

Yes it was nice out last night - not too cold and the street lighting is better this year I think. Last winter you took your life in your hands running along some roads but it seems a bit brighter this year.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.