Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,281 to 37,300 of 39,549 messages
seren nos    pirate
19/12/2012 at 07:55

Tracey.I am with you with the shopping.I think I am there.............will start wrapping tomorrow after we do the major food shop.now thats the part i enjoy

19/12/2012 at 10:19

Morning

Christmas has become much better since the advent of the internet... much less high street nonsense and as for queing down the aisle in the supermarket... I'd much rather have the lottery of the supermarket delivery van. We buy very little fresh produce, so not much for them to substitute for bizzarre items! Plus, living where we do, it costs us more in fuel to go to a supermarket than they charge for delivery!

Eating the food is my best bit

20/12/2012 at 07:39

Morning all

I hate shopping and have managedd to do all my present buying via the internet.  Marvellous

Have a good one all

20/12/2012 at 13:04

Afernoon

Well done Nutty!

I have seen the physios this morning - had me trying to touch my toes.... been a long time since I tried that! Saddest thing was I was unable to, not because of my back, more because my hamstrings have got so tight.

Now begins that long road of trying to get back fitness - will even be running one day!

seren nos    pirate
20/12/2012 at 16:04

did the supermarket sweep this morning/.............got there for 6 am and left just before 10..........buggered up the till by having too many items for it to cope with............but we will eat like kings till February and most of it was paid for in saving stamps

managed to play another game of squach this afternoon with OH.........we are definitely getting a bit better and i'm having to really work hard to keep on winning..5-0 today...........makes up for him running faster than me

20/12/2012 at 21:07

Evening all

Seren - busy day for you.  Hope you can relax a bit this evening.

Boffin - hope you are recovering well.  Sign up for a race, you know  you want to

Last day in work tomorrow until the new year then start a new job

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/12/2012 at 05:45

morning

good news on the job front Nutty.

I went out running around Port Talbot after work yesterday and did a Nutty. Full length along the ground I was! One moment running, then on the floor before my brain registered I was falling! Someone had left a door just lying across the unlit pathway! Sore shoulder and ribs this morning!

I hope it settles before the food shopping frenzy tomorrow morning!

21/12/2012 at 07:33

Morning all

Sue - really sorry to hear you hurt yourself.  Take it easy for a few days.

Have a good one all.

seren nos    pirate
21/12/2012 at 07:40

Sue ... nasty. hope that it recovers.some wine and mince pies might help....

Nutty.I managed a 30 min turbo and a 15 min run last night.............seems a bit strange going out running for 15 mins but its on the plan.....and i was glad it was only a short one.......

Nutty.is the job in cardiff or closer to you

21/12/2012 at 11:51

Morning

perhpas not what you expect to find in the path Sue - hope your shoulder and ribs feel better soon.

Supermarket shopping for 4 hours - you are braver than I Seren! - How many trolleys did you need?

Good you have a new job lined up Nutty.

seren nos    pirate
21/12/2012 at 14:25

5 full ones Boffin............but i have all my cleaning products and food for january as well...as well as all the cat food and cat litter for january.........

got to pop in on Moday early hours for about a dozen things which i couldn't get

21/12/2012 at 21:37

Evening all

Sounds like one hell of a day Seren! Soon you can relax and enjoy the festive season.

My new job is another temporary one at Swansea university.  Handy as its only a mile away

Boffin - hope life on the farm is going well

22/12/2012 at 08:35

Morning

5 trolleys! Did you have them all articulated wandering around like a big snake - or have a dedicated trolley park? That is some extreme shopping - I know you like long arduous events, but didn't figure that stretched to shopping as well! There can't have been much in that store you didn't buy - I think the store manager should bring you those few items you couldn't get himself out of penance for not stocking them, and utter respect to your shopping dedication.

Fantastic! You have to be well set for christmas now

Life on the farms is good Nutty

Nice not to have to commute too far for work, how long is this temporary contract?

seren nos    pirate
22/12/2012 at 11:52

Boffin. we filled up a couple and then left them with customer services until finished.......I actually love doing the shop as I have saved all year for it and i love getting posh sausages and posh stuff instead of the smart price versions

been out parkrunning it on the muddy bog that was newport Park run.4 miles on road first to warm up and then a quick change into the fairy coatume.......

had fun as loads from my club there but pleased to be bathed and warm at home now

22/12/2012 at 19:55

Glad job sorted for NY Nutty.

Get well soon Sue.

Serious shopping Seren!

Not long now

22/12/2012 at 21:07

Evening all

Well done Seren.  Every race seems to be a bit of a mud bath these days!!

Temporary contract is for three months. 

Another wet day but at least we are here to see it!

23/12/2012 at 07:57

Morning all

The rain has stopped

Have a good one all

23/12/2012 at 08:12
Morning folks.

The rain was really awful. I have a culvert in my garden which was up to it's banks. Had to unblock it too.

Can't wait to get Christmas over with.
seren nos    pirate
23/12/2012 at 08:13

need to get on the bike today..deciding whether to chance going out or to go to spin classes or to go on the turbo

23/12/2012 at 08:54

I had a visitor who had been staying for a couple of days and needed to get back to Cardiff. We took her to the station to get the 5pm train and picked her back up again at 6pm - no trains at all and no replacement bus service. There were people there from West Wales who were en route to other parts of the country, don't know what you do in that situation if you don't have the money for a hotel. Our guest has spent another night with us and I will have to drive her to Cardiff this afternoon if they haven't sorted it out by then.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.