Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,381 to 37,400 of 39,432 messages
03/01/2013 at 21:17

Evening all

Seren - training is a great stress reliever if you have the time.  Really enjoyed it all during the festive hols. 

Sue - sounds like you had a good break.  Enjoy the rest of your time off work.

Boffin - I know, it has to be done and its not that bad.  Just first couple of days back....

03/01/2013 at 21:37

First full day back - out of the house 13.5 hrs as well - so tired tonight. Not complaining though, bring on 2013!

04/01/2013 at 07:44

Morning all

Friday already

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/01/2013 at 08:00

morning

quiet in here?

welcome to the first weekend of 2013!

seren nos    pirate
05/01/2013 at 08:06

morning.. I have manflu again........got my first racing park run in ages today.............still will give me an easy target to beat next time

05/01/2013 at 11:51

Morning all

Kitchen being refitted on Monday so am spending the weekend packing up the contents and trying to find somewhere to keep them other than the kitchen. Quite good fun so far I must say, although I haven't dug deep into the pre-Cambrian recesses at the back of the cupboards yet. Stand by for discovery of new life forms.

seren nos    pirate
05/01/2013 at 16:13

I had a new fridge freezer delivered today tracey............that was bad enough moving the olld one out...........haven't cleaned beneath it for years

05/01/2013 at 21:29

Evening all

How has it gone Tracey?  Just thing how lovely it will be when the new kitchen is in.

Seren - bad news about flu.  Seems to hit some people a few times.

Sue - hope you are rested after your time off work.

Not a bad day today.  At least it was dry

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/01/2013 at 07:11

morning all

I must say I've had a lovely time off work . I had an eating/drinking frenzy at my son's place (well, the New Year only happens once a year after all). Then a shopping frenzy in Cardiff and a cleaning frenzy at home.

Back to reality tomorrow. Having said that, I have about 90 actual working days left if you don't count weekends and annual leaves. Don't know how I'm going to fit in all I want to do in that time, even more, I don't know why I am worrying about fitting it all in! Come June 1st it'll be someone elses worry right? It's something of a coincidence that I took up post in the place I'm working at on June 1st (22 years ago). I've worked for 4 different organisations and had a few role changes since then, but still in the same building.

First long run of my mara training today - I hope it stays dryish.

Get well soon Seren

I'm getting myself prepared for a new bathroom Tracey - dunno what's worse, new kitchen or new bathroom 

06/01/2013 at 07:51

Morning all

Sue - take it all in your stride.  Exciting times ahead.  Giving yourself a break from the daily routine and going with the flow sometimes has great benefits.  Good luck with marathon training.

Have a good one al.

06/01/2013 at 10:35

Sue - if it is your only toilet then no contest, new bathroom is worse! A little holiday where you get spoilt for a change is good, and richly deserved. Hope marathon training goes well.

Emptying kitchen went very well. The oldest thing I found was a box of cornflour with a November 2008 sell by date.

Lovely temperature out there today, perfect running weather. Uncle Tom Cobbly and all were out, including a few red faced, sweat bathed MAMILs who might be regretting their new year's resolution by now!

06/01/2013 at 21:30

Evening all

Was milder running today.  Glad you are able to run again Tracey.  Great news that the kitchen is cleared.  When is Fiona about?

06/01/2013 at 22:25

Evening ... I did a slow one this morning and 11 tonight. No running yesterday as short of time. Was hot out there tonight, nice for running with a little bit of drizzle.

06/01/2013 at 22:26

Tracey, lucky you don't run a commercial kitchen else each out of date item would be a £500 fine and a criminal conviction regardless of whether you intended to eat any of it !

seren nos    pirate
07/01/2013 at 07:10

morning....weekend training went well despite manflu..............but Heart rate was very high for all of it...........

park run was much fater than i thought and tthe buike ride was then scenic and dry.....

yesterday was local cross country and i scored for our team so pleased that i made the effort..

this morning i have made sure than i am careful and trained back to heart rate zone 1 for a slow 4 miler early.............will try and do a gentle swim so that i can hopefully recover soon...

kids back today so hopefully normality should return

07/01/2013 at 07:35

Morning all

WA - good training.

Seren - well done.  Nice to get back to normal

07/01/2013 at 09:31

Morning

Gosh, new kitchen, bathroom and freezer - it's all go in here!

07/01/2013 at 15:14

I can't seem to stick HRM's.

And could do with a new bathroom and kitchen.

07/01/2013 at 16:28

Afternoon all  finally back to some sort of running routine  I've run 4 times since the Gower trail marathon as I got a really bad cold straight after it  so I've put on loads of weight and I'm back to having my legs torn off by Mrs Jones

Just off for a very slow 8 miles in the dark so nobody can see me suffering

p.s I'm stalking you on Strava Alex

08/01/2013 at 06:39

Morning all

Alex - I shall do no cooking at all for a week to punish myself for my manky old cornflour, bad caterer that I am. Yesterday evening was amazingly long and relaxing without the preparing, eating and cleaning up after dinner hiatus in the middle, wonder if I can persuade the family to eat nothing but sandwiches every night?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.