Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,421 to 37,440 of 39,577 messages
12/01/2013 at 21:26

Evening all

Sue - oh dear.... work sounds hard.  Cross Hands run sounds good, may give it a go one day soon.

Great news about your recovery Boffin.  You will be doing Swansea 5k this year I am sure.  Rams,eh.....?!!!

RK - sounds like your new year's resolution is going well

12/01/2013 at 21:52
Indeed it is NR! I'm a new man!

Great news on recovery Boffin.
Edited: 12/01/2013 at 21:53
13/01/2013 at 10:14

Morning

Good Golly..... I am not sure how we lasted so long, but Boffette has just had her first 'sleep over' - only three 12 year old girls, but they didin't sleep - at all, and gosh are they loud at night!!!

13/01/2013 at 16:44

Hiya folks

Boff - just remembered your question - so sorry! You can set up an account with Amazon for just what you wanted, just Google for how. The answer for the sleepover problem is also easily solved - earplugs.

Well, we are a plague house as I'm pretty sure Daisy has Norovirus. She is on the mend now but had 15 hours of severe nausea, diarrhoea, stomach cramps, joint pain and headache. She is able to keep fluids down now but is as weak as a kitten. Having seen what this bug can do to a healthy, robust teenager, I dread to think how it would affect an invalid, no wonder ot closes hospital wards. Tom has AS maths tomorrow, just hope he doesn't wake up feeling nauseous...

13/01/2013 at 20:48

Evening all

Boffin - you just don't know what's in store with teenagers!!

Tracey - I hope Daisy will be better soon.  Hope you manage to escape the virus too.  Good luck to Tom with his exam.  How is the kitchen?

Ran Corus race today and got first lady in 31.29 for just over 5 miles.  Lovely day for it and always good to meet up with fellow runners

13/01/2013 at 20:52
Well done on your win NR.

Tracey - hope all are well soon.
14/01/2013 at 06:32
Morning all! Here we go again.
seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/01/2013 at 07:19

morning

Tracey.i hope it doesn't spread.especially at exam time..........middle son has another exam today......so glad the snow didn't stick much as he didn't fancy walking

14/01/2013 at 07:20

Nutty.your cabinet must be overflowing.....glad that your training is showing the results

I'm off for athe dreaded swim this morning

14/01/2013 at 07:31

Morning all

Thanks Seren and RK.  I have quite a collection of tasteless plastic to show for my wins!!!

Enjoy your swim Seren.

Monday.......where did the weekend go?

14/01/2013 at 07:34

Morning all

I don't blame him Seren - walking (not playing) in snow = bad. Walking to school in snow = very bad. Walking to school in snow to take an exam = awful!

Well done Nutty, wow you are fast! That's not far off how long it takes me to run 5k.

Daisy continues to recover and no sign of anyone else coming down with it yet. Have just read on the NHS website that just because Bob and I had it before Christmas doesn't mean we won't get it again - what kind of bizarre, Martian virus is that?

Kitchen is wonderful. very, very happy with it. It's so much better laid out than the old one. I keep starting my dash to the other end of the room to get something and then stop in my tracks when I realise it's just behind me. 

14/01/2013 at 08:12

Morning

Household is still tired, but no viruses so I'll gladly accept that! Experience has taught you how to design the perfect kitchen Tracey - well done, so much nicer not having to do a mini marathon whilst cooking!

14/01/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Great news about kitchen Tracey.  Good news that you are steering clear of virus.  Hope Daisy is okay.  Hope Tom did well in his exam.

How did the exam go for your son, Seren?

Boffin - any snow with you?

14/01/2013 at 22:36

Evening folks,

Got my first cold for a while. Hope it dosen't get too bad. Saw Sue out running yesterday too. She was looking good and nice and fit.

Life rumbles on too, everyone sleeping now so I can do a reasonable amount of typing. This is normally difficult with kids jumping all over me or when I am on my smart phone. Lots to do however too ...

14/01/2013 at 22:44
Evening all. Hope you shift the cold soon WA.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/01/2013 at 05:38
Welsh Alex wrote (see)

Saw Sue out running yesterday too. She was looking good and nice and fit.

I had over 4 miles left to do, all of it up and some of it weaving through the rugby fans making their way to the stadium. I wasn't looking so fit by the time I got home . But thanks anyway, it was a lovely day for it, cold, but windless and dry.

15/01/2013 at 06:50
Morning all! Halfway through January.

Cold and icy out there this morning - take care all.
15/01/2013 at 07:01

NR...you never know with exams.......

bit icy out ther where the light snow froze...........I won't be on the bike in an hours time thats for sure.....turbo time and trail shoes maybe

15/01/2013 at 07:34

Morning all

Its cold and frosty as you say Seren.

Have a good one all

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/01/2013 at 07:48

morning

ditched my planned run this morning, too dodgy in the dark with all that ice around. I'm intending to go after work - let's hope the icy conditions hold off until after my run. Besides, Port Talbot is better lit than Swansea, they don't switch half the lights off!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.