Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,441 to 37,460 of 39,542 messages
15/01/2013 at 08:07

Sue - don't they? Swansea is better than it was last year but it is still a pain.

Had to cut Sunday short because of Daisy so am not happy that it might be too icy to run tonight. If it's icy I don't even need to fall over, just the halting, silted gait of trying to tiptoe over patches of ice is enough to set my dodgy back off sometimes. I'm not training for anything so I will probably not go, and then I'll be miserable till the next time I run!

15/01/2013 at 11:00

Morning

Has to be better to be cautious than risk injury - I tend to be a bit of a wuss now over potential injury; don't quite feel as imortal as I once did! A treadmill is a nice option to overcome bad weather and still keep up some training - bit on the cumbersome side though!

No snow with us, although a fine covering on the hills about 100m up - with our slight rise out of the yard even a covering can be enough to ground us. Good excuse anyway

15/01/2013 at 21:30

Evening all

Wise decision Sue.  It was tricky underfoot this morning.  Better this evening though

Did you get out for a run Tracey? The pool is always a good option when the weather is a bit dodgy.

Older and wiser Boffin.  Nothing wrong with that.

Crazy busy day - work till 430, students till 7, 5 mile run and just sitting down.

15/01/2013 at 22:43
Evening all. Snow this weekend?
16/01/2013 at 06:41
Morning all! Icy wind out today. Minimum 14 hour day in work today, looks like it'll be a 10pm run tonight.
16/01/2013 at 07:25

Morning all

RK - sounds like you have a lot on.  Running will help  you de-stress.

seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 07:33

great headtorch run with club last night........a bit hilly and icy and fast for me and got attacked by a tree and several bramble bushes

16/01/2013 at 08:16

Morning

Have to watch out for those trees and brambles Seren - they hide around corners and jump out at you.... or if you are a sheep, they sit there in plain view just waiting for you to wrap yourself up in them!

That's dedication Kev

16/01/2013 at 12:23

Hats off Kev, that's proper full on hard man stuff.

Seren - what I just said to Kev only change the gender.

I have Norovirus for the second time this winter. Much less severe this time but nevertheless was awake half the night finding unpleasant ways to lose several pounds of my bodily fluids. Now feel like I've been beaten up. 

16/01/2013 at 13:12
Cheers guys - seem to have found my mojo again - about time too!

Hope you get well soon Tracey.
16/01/2013 at 14:46

" Morning all! Icy wind out today. Minimum 14 hour day in work today, looks like it'll be a 10pm run tonight. " good luck Kev. It is hard when you work long hours. You should opt in to the working time directive though. Or would that not go down well ?

16/01/2013 at 17:49
Just left Swindon now! Unfortunately Alex I need to 'go where the work is'. Hope it's not icy tonight or there's my run gone.
16/01/2013 at 21:26

Evening all

TRacey - take care.  Hope you feel better soon.

RK - do you travel around alot or are you based in Swindon?  Hope you get a run in.

Bit nippy out tonight.

16/01/2013 at 21:50

Get a bike and a turbo trainer Kev. Its not as mind numbing as a dreadmill. Or a rower, money spent on a Concept 2 will be well spent.

17/01/2013 at 07:29

Morning all

Have a good one all

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 07:32

alex..................a turbo is just as mind blowingly numb as a treadmill.............really starting to worry that i might have to do my long bike this weekend on one........can't stand it......can just about cope with shorter one.......wondering of there might be a chance this morning to sneak in the bike ride once the snow stops

don't mind running in snow but cycling is another matter

17/01/2013 at 12:55
Hi all. Missed my run in the end. Got back at 8.00pm to snow showers! Lilly's birthday today so will run tomorrow now (working fom home).

NR I am based in Cardiff, but cover Bristol Office as well and our Regional Office is in Swindon so yes lots of travel.

WA - a bike and a turbo may be the way forward.
17/01/2013 at 13:06

Afternoon all

Miserable for you Tracey - wrap up and wait it out - siege mentality

I have a Concept 2 - can heartily recommend it... trouble is mine is currently buried in the barn!

I don't actually know anyone who has benefited from the working time directive - first time I encountered it was years ago in research when HR presented me with a form to sign waiving my claim to it - on the grounds that research by nature requires anti social hours. However, that didn't mean a requirement for long hours, although HR never understood that - no problem if you needed to be in at 4am and again at 11pm - so long as you were also in the hours in between especially when management were also in! End of the day, sign the waiver or look for another post.

As we know self employed you work as you can / as you need to; the bank doesn't have any respect for working time directives when it comes to mortgage payments! As for farm animals - nobody tell them about it; they whinge enough as it is!

17/01/2013 at 21:20
As you say Boffin not much choice in the matter.
17/01/2013 at 21:35

Evening all

Grass is always greener on the other side....

Wintry out there.  Stay warm all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.