Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,441 to 37,460 of 39,433 messages
14/01/2013 at 07:34

Morning all

I don't blame him Seren - walking (not playing) in snow = bad. Walking to school in snow = very bad. Walking to school in snow to take an exam = awful!

Well done Nutty, wow you are fast! That's not far off how long it takes me to run 5k.

Daisy continues to recover and no sign of anyone else coming down with it yet. Have just read on the NHS website that just because Bob and I had it before Christmas doesn't mean we won't get it again - what kind of bizarre, Martian virus is that?

Kitchen is wonderful. very, very happy with it. It's so much better laid out than the old one. I keep starting my dash to the other end of the room to get something and then stop in my tracks when I realise it's just behind me. 

14/01/2013 at 08:12

Morning

Household is still tired, but no viruses so I'll gladly accept that! Experience has taught you how to design the perfect kitchen Tracey - well done, so much nicer not having to do a mini marathon whilst cooking!

14/01/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Great news about kitchen Tracey.  Good news that you are steering clear of virus.  Hope Daisy is okay.  Hope Tom did well in his exam.

How did the exam go for your son, Seren?

Boffin - any snow with you?

14/01/2013 at 22:36

Evening folks,

Got my first cold for a while. Hope it dosen't get too bad. Saw Sue out running yesterday too. She was looking good and nice and fit.

Life rumbles on too, everyone sleeping now so I can do a reasonable amount of typing. This is normally difficult with kids jumping all over me or when I am on my smart phone. Lots to do however too ...

14/01/2013 at 22:44
Evening all. Hope you shift the cold soon WA.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/01/2013 at 05:38
Welsh Alex wrote (see)

Saw Sue out running yesterday too. She was looking good and nice and fit.

I had over 4 miles left to do, all of it up and some of it weaving through the rugby fans making their way to the stadium. I wasn't looking so fit by the time I got home . But thanks anyway, it was a lovely day for it, cold, but windless and dry.

15/01/2013 at 06:50
Morning all! Halfway through January.

Cold and icy out there this morning - take care all.
seren nos    pirate
15/01/2013 at 07:01

NR...you never know with exams.......

bit icy out ther where the light snow froze...........I won't be on the bike in an hours time thats for sure.....turbo time and trail shoes maybe

15/01/2013 at 07:34

Morning all

Its cold and frosty as you say Seren.

Have a good one all

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/01/2013 at 07:48

morning

ditched my planned run this morning, too dodgy in the dark with all that ice around. I'm intending to go after work - let's hope the icy conditions hold off until after my run. Besides, Port Talbot is better lit than Swansea, they don't switch half the lights off!

15/01/2013 at 08:07

Sue - don't they? Swansea is better than it was last year but it is still a pain.

Had to cut Sunday short because of Daisy so am not happy that it might be too icy to run tonight. If it's icy I don't even need to fall over, just the halting, silted gait of trying to tiptoe over patches of ice is enough to set my dodgy back off sometimes. I'm not training for anything so I will probably not go, and then I'll be miserable till the next time I run!

15/01/2013 at 11:00

Morning

Has to be better to be cautious than risk injury - I tend to be a bit of a wuss now over potential injury; don't quite feel as imortal as I once did! A treadmill is a nice option to overcome bad weather and still keep up some training - bit on the cumbersome side though!

No snow with us, although a fine covering on the hills about 100m up - with our slight rise out of the yard even a covering can be enough to ground us. Good excuse anyway

15/01/2013 at 21:30

Evening all

Wise decision Sue.  It was tricky underfoot this morning.  Better this evening though

Did you get out for a run Tracey? The pool is always a good option when the weather is a bit dodgy.

Older and wiser Boffin.  Nothing wrong with that.

Crazy busy day - work till 430, students till 7, 5 mile run and just sitting down.

15/01/2013 at 22:43
Evening all. Snow this weekend?
16/01/2013 at 06:41
Morning all! Icy wind out today. Minimum 14 hour day in work today, looks like it'll be a 10pm run tonight.
16/01/2013 at 07:25

Morning all

RK - sounds like you have a lot on.  Running will help  you de-stress.

seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 07:33

great headtorch run with club last night........a bit hilly and icy and fast for me and got attacked by a tree and several bramble bushes

16/01/2013 at 08:16

Morning

Have to watch out for those trees and brambles Seren - they hide around corners and jump out at you.... or if you are a sheep, they sit there in plain view just waiting for you to wrap yourself up in them!

That's dedication Kev

16/01/2013 at 12:23

Hats off Kev, that's proper full on hard man stuff.

Seren - what I just said to Kev only change the gender.

I have Norovirus for the second time this winter. Much less severe this time but nevertheless was awake half the night finding unpleasant ways to lose several pounds of my bodily fluids. Now feel like I've been beaten up. 

16/01/2013 at 13:12
Cheers guys - seem to have found my mojo again - about time too!

Hope you get well soon Tracey.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.