Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,461 to 37,480 of 39,546 messages
17/01/2013 at 22:35

Yes, basically the trouble with the WTD is that if your employer is not public sector you have not got a hope and even if it is things could be difficult if you insist on sticking to it.

Have been panic buying Yoghurts

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 05:38

morning

Trust the weather forecast to be right!!! No gym for me this morning, I'm waiting till daylight before I drive.

Re the working time directive, I was under the impression that it was implimented to stop the exploitation of workers. We had a situation last year where we couldn't employ someone for an 18 hour job because her other part time job would have put her 2 hours outside the WTD, I would have thought that if it was her choice she could have done it. 

I wonder how many people will make it into work today!

18/01/2013 at 07:43

Morning all

Stay safe and at home.  The weather seems to be getting worse.

18/01/2013 at 08:26

Morning

Snow here - not thick enough to stop Sweetie getting to work though.... she just about made it downstairs to her office

Schools closed so no need to go anywhere in a car which is a fortunate position to be in... however having said that, the amount of snow we have is not exactly impressive - I was led to beleive we would be a foot deep in the stuff today! - As well we aren't as the sheep are not much taller than that!!

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 08:27

M4 by bridgend blocked in both directions............even the trains aren't running with us .......

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 08:28

Hope nione of your have exams today tracey.... neither of mine have until next week

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 08:28

have to go in I'm afraid, or at least try. I've had three staff cancel already, I know there are loads of others won't get there, but the mway looks driveable at the minute

18/01/2013 at 10:22

Exams are finished for us till summer I believe Seren, hope it's all sorted for yours by next week.

It's melting fast here, although the wind is still quite scary. I decided against going in even though the school is open so a day's pay lost. Didn't fancy taking the car up and then down the hill near my house and I wasn't going to cycle or run!

18/01/2013 at 17:14
Hi ll. luckily I was working from home today.

How is the virus Tracey?

Might try a run in the morning?
seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 17:48

tracey.........hubby didn't get in today.first time in years.even the trains had stopped this morning after he had waited an hour on the platform.......he can take a days holiday.i'm just glad that i'm not sat here worried all day about him driving home as i have in the past.............

2 hours run in the snow was lovely this morning.only managed 9 miles but it was great to be out

no more exams here until tuesday

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 18:04

it's been quite a day here! I got into work and was busy sorting out who was doing what and who could get in and who couldn't when I had a message saying that Dan had gone into labour.

Delegated some tasks and made it to her place where a neighbour was looking after the kiddies. It was not funny getting there, only the main roads are gritted and my little Skoda is not built for such driving!

So, a day of shopping for kiddy type food, snowclearing and snowball fights, and cake baking!

After all that, she is not in labour - but has an infection so she is being kept in overnight on a drip!!!

18/01/2013 at 20:54

Evening all

Sue - an exhausting day for you.  Hope Danielle is okay. 

Tracey - hope you feel better.

Seren -- run sounds good.

I went out this evening for 7.5 miles.  Was dressed up warm and enjoyed. The snow didn't hang around long this morning, thank goodness.

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 20:56

still got several inches here 4/5

19/01/2013 at 08:31

Blimey Sue, what a stressful day! Hope everything calms down over the weekend.

19/01/2013 at 08:57

Morning

You had an eventful time of it Sue!

Wouldn't advise going out running (or at all!) today as it is quite trecherous underfoot with ice under the snow. - But then I am a big wous these days!!

Seems we were on the cupse of the heavy snow and missed most of it; Sennybridge is only 10 miles away and they have 10 inches, whereas we only have a couple at most. I expect you saw the most of all of us Seren.

Now waiting for the cold - will be a far bigger problem than snow.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/01/2013 at 08:57

morning

Danielle has a condition called obstetric cholestasis, which is a liver type condition some women get in pregancy. There are some risks to her and the baby, so if she doesn't produce today they will induce her.

Fingers crossed and just waiting for news now.

seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 09:38

fingers crossed for you all Sue........

snow much the same as it was yesterday...not much change as it stopped yesterday evening..not sure if its icing over yet.........hubby gone out on a long run

19/01/2013 at 12:37
Hi all.

Hope all is ok with Mum and Baby Sue.

Glad you weren't snowed in Boffin.

Had a little 30min run along the beach - It was fab. Back in my PJs now.

Off for a family walk with the dogs then off to Nandos tonight.
19/01/2013 at 20:48

Evening all

Thinking of you Sue.

Glad you missed the snow Boffin.  Not much in Swansea now.

Enjoy your day RK.  Sounds you have got a lot of relaxing planned.

How is everyone in your household Tracey?  Recovering I hope.

Another cold one but at least it was dry today

seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 22:18

still got the same 4/5 inches...because the temps are not due to be going above freezing for the next few days........i think we are going to be stuck with it for a while

suffered for 2 hours on the turbo today................not had a rest day this week but i know tomorrow i will go for a run justv to enjoy the snow instead of resting

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.