Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,481 to 37,500 of 39,409 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 18:04

it's been quite a day here! I got into work and was busy sorting out who was doing what and who could get in and who couldn't when I had a message saying that Dan had gone into labour.

Delegated some tasks and made it to her place where a neighbour was looking after the kiddies. It was not funny getting there, only the main roads are gritted and my little Skoda is not built for such driving!

So, a day of shopping for kiddy type food, snowclearing and snowball fights, and cake baking!

After all that, she is not in labour - but has an infection so she is being kept in overnight on a drip!!!

18/01/2013 at 20:54

Evening all

Sue - an exhausting day for you.  Hope Danielle is okay. 

Tracey - hope you feel better.

Seren -- run sounds good.

I went out this evening for 7.5 miles.  Was dressed up warm and enjoyed. The snow didn't hang around long this morning, thank goodness.

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 20:56

still got several inches here 4/5

19/01/2013 at 08:31

Blimey Sue, what a stressful day! Hope everything calms down over the weekend.

19/01/2013 at 08:57

Morning

You had an eventful time of it Sue!

Wouldn't advise going out running (or at all!) today as it is quite trecherous underfoot with ice under the snow. - But then I am a big wous these days!!

Seems we were on the cupse of the heavy snow and missed most of it; Sennybridge is only 10 miles away and they have 10 inches, whereas we only have a couple at most. I expect you saw the most of all of us Seren.

Now waiting for the cold - will be a far bigger problem than snow.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/01/2013 at 08:57

morning

Danielle has a condition called obstetric cholestasis, which is a liver type condition some women get in pregancy. There are some risks to her and the baby, so if she doesn't produce today they will induce her.

Fingers crossed and just waiting for news now.

seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 09:38

fingers crossed for you all Sue........

snow much the same as it was yesterday...not much change as it stopped yesterday evening..not sure if its icing over yet.........hubby gone out on a long run

19/01/2013 at 12:37
Hi all.

Hope all is ok with Mum and Baby Sue.

Glad you weren't snowed in Boffin.

Had a little 30min run along the beach - It was fab. Back in my PJs now.

Off for a family walk with the dogs then off to Nandos tonight.
19/01/2013 at 20:48

Evening all

Thinking of you Sue.

Glad you missed the snow Boffin.  Not much in Swansea now.

Enjoy your day RK.  Sounds you have got a lot of relaxing planned.

How is everyone in your household Tracey?  Recovering I hope.

Another cold one but at least it was dry today

seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 22:18

still got the same 4/5 inches...because the temps are not due to be going above freezing for the next few days........i think we are going to be stuck with it for a while

suffered for 2 hours on the turbo today................not had a rest day this week but i know tomorrow i will go for a run justv to enjoy the snow instead of resting

19/01/2013 at 23:14
Evening all! Nice meal in Nandos and very healthy as well!

Sitting with foot elevated with ice - slight pain, must have turned it slightly running in the sand.

Should be fine tomorrow - I hope.

Also entered the Llanelli 10k today!
Edited: 19/01/2013 at 23:26
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/01/2013 at 07:42

morning

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/10379/gallery/jasmine_0.jpg?width=350

This young lady arrived yesterday evening after an anxious day of waiting! They are both well, but being kept in for a few days as a precaution. Thanks for all the good wishes.

I'm struggling now with having to fit some training in around snow, ice and kids! I have Dan's two here for a while. There is no way I can fit in 14 miles today., I've done nothing since Thursday 

20/01/2013 at 07:51
Morning all!

Congrats Sue, glad everyone is fine. I love babies, we only stopped at 3 because Mrs RK didn't want any more!

Don't worry about training for a few days, you'll soon catch back up.

Ankle seems ok this morning so off out for a run in a bit.
20/01/2013 at 08:00

Morning

Congratulations to you all Sue, good to hear they are both doing well

20/01/2013 at 08:05

Morning all

Congratulations Sue and Danielle.  I hope everyone is okay.

As RK says, the training can wait.  Enjoy

seren nos    pirate
20/01/2013 at 10:37

congratulations.........there a few things in life more important than running......babies must be one fo them........

20/01/2013 at 11:03
Well said Seren!

Just done my run and then a walk around the lake after.

I'm amazed at the difference my recent lifestyle changes have made. 4 weeks ago I would have never been out running at 9am through the snow and ice during minus temperatures!
20/01/2013 at 21:04

Evening all

Well done on life change RK. 

14 miles in 1.40 for me this morning.  Lunch with parents and sports massage this evening

21/01/2013 at 06:33
Well done on the 14 NR. Hard going in this weather.

Not so cold out today.

Big day today - I have a teenage daughter!
21/01/2013 at 07:33

Morning all

Here we go again!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.