Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,501 to 37,520 of 39,565 messages
22/01/2013 at 06:47
Morning all. Bristol bound and heading for the snow I think!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/01/2013 at 07:29

morning, no snow here 

I've had two days running on the dreadmill. Don't know how Mrs WA does all the miles she does on hers, and I have people watching to keep me entertained! I went to the gym last night after work and managed to nab the last available dreadmill. There are about 15 of them as well as just as many bikes and cross trainers and not one of them was empty! What with the January resolution people and the icy conditions under foot the club is being well used!

I'm going to hopefully go outdoors after work today.

22/01/2013 at 07:58
It's snowed a few inches in Cardiff and is still coming down. Hope it stays East!
22/01/2013 at 08:09

Morning

Safe journey Kev!

Good to know so many people are turning to fitness - even if it is only a temporary fad on their parts, a little exercise has to be better for the Nation than non at all?

22/01/2013 at 08:09

The children are arguing furiously and so not getting ready for school. Turns out the arguement is about the position of the spleen. Silly, silly family,

seren nos    pirate
22/01/2013 at 11:17

managed the 5 mile drive in the snow to the school for youngests exam.........the last mile was a little slippery........but better for the return journey.safely home now.........

22/01/2013 at 21:19

Evening all

RK - you all know I love cake

Families eh Tracey?  Can't live with or without them!

There were loads of people out on Sunday when I went for a run.  Definitely new years resolutions for lots of people.

Run and swim for me tonight.  Pool was chocablock.  Must be the weather!!

Sue - at least you are getting some exercise.  Treadmills do my head in.  Two minutes seems like an hour!!  Hope the family are well

seren nos    pirate
22/01/2013 at 21:31

we are having more snow right now..............

looks like middle son will have a long walk tomorrow...........I will try and driv him but i hate driving in snow

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/01/2013 at 05:12

morning

it's bliddy snowing!!! it's not supposed to be not around  here right now. The question is, do I risk leaving in half an hour to make my way to the gym? will it be open? If it's not I would have to get to work early and negotiate the antiquated alarm system and wait until 8 o clock for the heating to come on!

I hope your middle son gets in ok Seren

23/01/2013 at 06:53
Morning all! This snow is past a joke now. On my way to Cardiff for the day.

Good luck with the transport arrangements Seren.
seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:03

morning alll...

here we go again

23/01/2013 at 07:29

Morning all

Did we expect so much snow again?  Got quite a bit even by the sea and its still snowing.

Good luck to your son Seren.

Sue, do whatever is safest.  Don't sit in the cold.

I will walk to work.  My car is hopeless in this weather and the estate where I live is awkward to get out of.

Stay safe and warm all.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:40

I decided to take the sensible option and stay at home. The chances of the spin instructor getting in was remote anyway. It's stopped snowing now, I ditched my run yesterday cos I was late leaving work. Try again today! 

There is always the dreadmill option (again )

23/01/2013 at 08:47

Managed to get out for a run last night which I'm pleased about now as it's not looking good for tonight. My kids' school and college closed but presumably my school is open so suppose I'd better have a go at getting there.

23/01/2013 at 10:22

Morning

Kids are really dissapointed that we have not been affected by the snow (must be the only ones in the country?). School sent children home on bus routes near us, but ours stayed until the end of day as it stopped snowing in the afternoon. - They would love to be snowed in, however I think they may change their tune this afternoon.... good chance of heavier snow from 12, which will mean I can get out and get them, but quite possibly not get back up the smaller lanes. This then requires a nice 2 mile or so walk in the snow. Very nice it is too - did it a couple of years ago with all the Christmas shopping - don't think they will find it so amusing?

23/01/2013 at 16:55
Glad to be heading towards home now. Lots of snow in Llanelli.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/01/2013 at 17:37

I'm home after something of a slow journey home. When I saw the snow settling, I suggested that the staff make their way home. I left at 4 ish and just got in!

I'm parked out on the main road again. Got shifted on by the pub owner and I've parked on the pavement near that nasty woman who gave me grief on Monday! It's a crazy world when no one is prepared to help out in these situations. I have to try to get to work tomorrow and probably have to get up into the Afan Valley if some of the nurses don't make it. If these people had relatives who needed home treatment maybe they would be more tolerant of those of us who need to be able to get out. I parked in my street last night thinking I would be fine and came down the hill sideways this morning. A slight exaggeration, but the car did skew a couple of times.

/rant 

23/01/2013 at 21:53
Well done Swansea - Wembley here we come!
24/01/2013 at 07:13
Morning. Hope this snow melts today and we can get back to normal.

Cardiff today. Should be great for a bit of football banter!
seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 07:26

Sue ..hope you can get around today.......#

today at last the taxi can get here so i don't need to do a school run........swim and yoga here i come........

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.