Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,561 to 37,580 of 39,565 messages
29/01/2013 at 15:29

Afternoon all

Ouch Sue! Hope you are OK.

I remember years ago there was a survey in RW into what people most commonly ran into. Lamp post was very popular. I was the only respondent who had run into a bus shelter though.

seren nos    pirate
29/01/2013 at 15:36

hope only a little bruised sue.i now have visions of you and the lampost as in the Mr Bean scene

29/01/2013 at 19:33
Evening all. Back from Warwickshire.

Windy out, glad it's a rest day.
29/01/2013 at 20:27

Oddly enough, had a very nice little run tonight. Did a couple of miles with the wind behind us which was exhilarating and then ran back in the shelter of the city and Uplands so the wind was quite manageable. Dodged the rain too which was a bonus.

seren nos    pirate
29/01/2013 at 20:36

had a windy wet run tonight but it was suprisingly warm..........

29/01/2013 at 20:58

Evening all

Sue - take care.  Its easy to get carried away when running.

Tracey - well done on your run.  I got a bit wet and wind swept!!

Seren - it was warm out.

Enjoy day off RK. 

Boffin - good luck with the treatment. 

30/01/2013 at 06:47
Morning all!

Hope you are better Sue after your la lamppost incident!?

Bristol today.
seren nos    pirate
30/01/2013 at 07:36

still hoping to get out on the bike this morning

30/01/2013 at 07:42

Morning

30/01/2013 at 08:11

Morning

Bit stormy here yesterday - was pleased to be inside doing my VAT return, not exactly a thrilling task, but better than being out in that weather! Put the chickens away at dusk only to find the wind had literally ripped the door apart! - Not that suprprising I suppose considering I had used a reclaimed interior glass panelled door which simply could not stand up to the buffeting from the wind.

Wouldn't have minded apart from having to hang a replacement door in the wind and rain by the light of the interior barn lights and a headlamp!

Just typical how incidents like that happen at awkward times; it had been bad weather all day so it could have broken during the day and I could have dealt with it in daylight on one of my many livestock rounds.

All adds to the challenge

30/01/2013 at 08:37
Who would be a farmer eh Boffin? At least it looks still and dry today.

I appear to have flu-ish symptoms here. Feel awful. Been a while since I was last I'll though.
30/01/2013 at 21:32

Evening all

All part of life's rich tapestry Boffin

WA - hope you feel better.

Nice to see blue skies today.  The days are getting longer too

30/01/2013 at 22:33
Evening.

Much milder out tonight.

Hope the flu is not too bad WA.
31/01/2013 at 07:28

Morning all

How are you after your close encounter with a lamp post Sue?

I fell over and head butted the floor last night.  Some things never change!!!

31/01/2013 at 07:36
True to form NR! Hope your head is ok?

End of January is here! First month I've not had an alcoholic drink since I was about 17 I think! Also, even with the snow and ice I still will manage 15 runs, again probably a record for me?

So really pleased and charged with positive energy!
31/01/2013 at 08:00

Well done Kev! Are the lack of drinking and the number of runs related?

Nutty - any damage this time?

seren nos    pirate
31/01/2013 at 08:02

well done kev.......

I have to run backl from the garage this morning....9 miles in this rain is not loking appealing........i will be out all morning and then have to run back shortly afterwards no doubt

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
31/01/2013 at 08:17

morning

take care Seren, that wind  is rather cheeky and changes direction just to throw the cold icy rain into your face - or was that just me?

31/01/2013 at 10:30

Morning

The weather was certainly being mean to you this morning Sue! Great going Kev; you have it sussed now

Far be it from me to offer advice on injury avoidance... head butting the floor wouldn't seem to be the best option Nutty, hope you are OK!

Cheer up Alex you will beat off that dastardly bug and be better for it.

31/01/2013 at 10:54
There is a link there no doubt Tracey as I've never run Saturday and Sunday before, always used to have a late night and a lie in one day on the weekend.

This month I've been up and out running before 9 - 9.30 most days on the weekend.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.