Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,581 to 37,600 of 39,547 messages
31/01/2013 at 21:26

Evening all

Well done RK.  The only way is up!!

Sue - sounds like you drew the short straw today.  Was dry but cold  out tonight.

I have a lovely purple bruise on my chin.  Hands are a bit sore with cuts on both and leg is grazed and bruised.  Apart from that I am fine, managed 10 miles tonight so can't be that bad!!  You know me - mad as a  hatter!

Seren - hope you run went okay.

Nearly the weekend

01/02/2013 at 07:04
Morning all!

Sounds like you had a really nasty fall NR. Good to see you soldiering on as always.

Friday at last
01/02/2013 at 07:19

Morning all

Thanks RK.

Have a good one all

01/02/2013 at 08:03

Morning all

Sounds nasty Nutty, hope you heal quickly!

Glad it's Friday. Off to Bath tomorrow for a day out with the kids .

01/02/2013 at 10:11

Morning

You have been in the wars there Nutty! Good you are still able to run

How are you Alex? Hope you are getting sympathy for your cold - always helps I think.

seren nos    pirate
01/02/2013 at 20:52

Nutty.you need to learn to slow down....heal quickly........

I ran yesterday and was lucky that i remained dry both directions and today i swam.hoping for sunshine tomorrow for the bike again

01/02/2013 at 21:08

Evening all

Thanks for all your concern.  I am okay

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so enjoy your bike ride Seren.

Enjoy trip to Bath Tracey.  Lovely city.

02/02/2013 at 08:34

Morning

Bright yellow thing in the sky, makes a change from the rain - I do hope it sticks around for a bit!

seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 08:36

yes it does look nice for a change Boffin......bath next weekend for the X country isn't it nutty...will you be all repaired by then

02/02/2013 at 08:56

Morning ...

Still got my pretty nasty cold here Boffin. Been going for a few days with aching and all sorts.

At least it is not raining today.

I like Bath. My days of going places are well and truely over though. Nothing like having kids to put an end to all the single life fun.

02/02/2013 at 09:30

Alex - we are going with the kids! BUT I do appreciate that travelling with a 17 year old and a 13 year old is a different story from travelling with two little ones like yours. I remember it well and although I loved those years and had a lot of fun, I can't say I'm sorry they're over! 

On another subject - 'Sospan', the restaurant in Llanelli - is it worth the money? I've heard three different mentions of it this week, all good, and we have a family birthday coming up.

02/02/2013 at 11:48
Hi Tracey. We live opposite Sospan and visit regularly. The food is fab and decor lovely. I think the service could improve though. Highly recommended. Heidi is going there for lunch today.

Lovely day! Did my run just before 8 as the sun was rising and the half moon was still out. It was a fresh 1.5degrees. It was a really nice start to to the day.

Then went to Jenkins for tea and toast with my Mother who was in town booking her Summer holiday.

Watching rugby today and then cooking a nice meal for the kids and I as Heidi is out.
02/02/2013 at 12:35

" I can't say I'm sorry they're over! " - I said to Andrea last nigtht as the two boys were rioting at 9pm, "There are people out there who love all this"

02/02/2013 at 14:09
WA - we had a 13 yr old, 3 9 yr olds and a 7 year old sleeping last night and they were rioting at 3.30am! Yes, there are people out here who love all this!
seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 14:22

some ways its easier when they are older........... but eldest didn't come home last night and didn't think to text...............

Alex....... i needed my sleep......and still do...I had to have mine in bed by 7 at that age or I would not have been able to function....i needed those 2 hours peace and quiet before I went to bed at 9..........

but them we did have them up 6:30 am every morning including holidays and weekends,.....so i guess you have to choose which end of the day you can cope with them better

02/02/2013 at 20:05

My kids go to sleep at (usually) 10 to 10:30 and get up at 7 to 7:30. They are very active and fairly badly behaved probably because I have not invested any time in parenting technique.

I can't take them anywhere and get them to sit down and behave. Daniel is not accustomed to the word 'no' although I am teaching him the hard way (by ignoring half hour long tantrums when he can't have his own way). The mornings are a battle just to get their clothes on even and since its me doing it at least 5 mornings of the week it usually takes me an hour to recover from the trauma after I have dropped them off at school and nursery. I then work 12 hours (less an hour run and less lunch) and come home to bedlam and screaming. I look after them 7 nights of the week so my sleep is shit and somehow I appear to be the parent of 'choice' so they leave Andrea alone and harass me if I am in. Its really great. I would recommend it to anyone.

Moreover as I appear to be the par

Edited: 02/02/2013 at 20:12
seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:10

reality is never like the cornflakes commercials isn't it............

because of my need to sleep we made bed time our priority....with the eldest we had to take it in turns to sit outside his bedroom door and send him back to bed when he tried to come down.we were over a year spending an hour to an hour and a half each night until he got the idea..........second child took just 2 nights to get the idea........they are all so different......

i often used to go up and find terry asleep on the landing whilst he was door guarding 

seemed like it went on for ever but it didn't in the end.....i think its the tiredness that makes everything harder......

people kept on telling me wait until they are teenagers and they won't be up at 6:30 every morning............but now at 16 tomororow he is still out of bed 6:30 on the dot every morning

02/02/2013 at 20:18

Evening all

I can only sympathise as I have no children of my own.  I know my brother, sister and I were very different.  My brother and sister would stay in bed till mid day whereas I would be up at the break of dawn. Children have their own personalities and its easier sometimes after work and life in general just to give in to their needs.

Sounds like you had a good day RK.

Enjoy the family meal, Tracey.  Hope the kitchen is good. 

Lovely day today.  Swam 500m this morning and 15 mile run this evening. 

02/02/2013 at 20:28
Doesn't sound a bed of roses WA! Hopefully there are some compensations along the way?

You've had a busy day NR.
02/02/2013 at 20:31

"reality is never like the cornflakes commercials isn't it............" No, and the thing is I always knew it would be the sort of hell that it is. Even on Sun & Mon whilst I get a hand to dress them I still have to ship them off to grandparents (if they are going up there) / school. I can't even start on the hell that is trying to feed them.

"Lovely day today.  Swam 500m this morning and 15 mile run this evening" - Lucky you !

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.