Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,601 to 37,620 of 39,565 messages
02/02/2013 at 20:41

" Doesn't sound a bed of roses WA! Hopefully there are some compensations along the way? " - People keep telling me it gets easier and I really can't wait !

02/02/2013 at 21:50

WA - I am sorry if that sounded awful.  I meant the weather when I said 'lovely day'. 

Doing a cross country run in Kenfig tomorrow but really don't feel like it.  I have to be with family early afternoon and it will all be a bit of a rush.... Haven't seen family in a while so if I am late due to racing, it won't go down well....

02/02/2013 at 22:01

Family eh ? Will you get a row if you are late ? Remind me again how old you are ? Strewth !

And no problem even if both the weather and your day were lovely Nutty. I am jealous in a pleasant way.

02/02/2013 at 22:02

If a late arrival doesn't go down well try doing what Adam did to his mother the other day Nutty, Drop your trousers, bend over, slap your cheeks rhythmically and give them the brown eye. That'll shock em. I guarantee it !

(See what I mean about behavioural problems ?)

Edited: 02/02/2013 at 22:03
03/02/2013 at 07:39
Morning all Thanks WA.  My heart isn't really set on doing the race today but I will go as I am taking a friend and bringing her back to Swansea.  Just have to get through the shower pretty quick and shoot up the Valleys. Kids, don't you love them?  No inhibitions.  After the heated telephone conversation with my  mother last night, I feel like doing the same!! Have a good one all.
Edited: 03/02/2013 at 08:43
03/02/2013 at 08:52

Morning

No, infact Morning

*cough*

seren nos    pirate
03/02/2013 at 08:55

WA......I hope you clear this cold soon.......not nice when it hangs around

just been out for a 4 mile run....clears the legs ready for a lot of eating.fiull cooked breakfast now and a all you can eat meal out this afternoon with food from several continents......am i the only one that has to try a plateful of everything......

I tell myself i will be good but i always manage tyo have about 7 plates of dinner and about 5 of dessert

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/02/2013 at 09:30

morning

hope you don't get toooo wet out there guys.

I'm all ready for my LSR, but it's wet and bliddy cold out there. The rain is due to stop around lunchtime, so I'll do the ironing first then venture out.

Alex, it's tough times at the moment, but you will look back on these days with fondness - or at the very least with a wry smile (especially when the offsprings offspring are doing the payback ), your children are still very young with energy and intelligence (a challenging combination at this age). However, once they get to a stage where they can channel all that energy and insatiable curiosity for the world around them, they will settle. 

My eldest was a real challenge to me, both when very young and as a teenager. Now he is is mature, responsible person who has proved himself to be determined and focussed.He is a great parent, a hard worker and I'm very very proud of him. 

seren nos    pirate
03/02/2013 at 09:46

My hardest stage was when they were excluded from school for 6 or 12 months........meant didn't get a break form them............so as long as your boys are happy and behaving in school Alex.i'm sure they will settle in time

sue wasn't too bad here......have a good run.your are running well at the momnet......

hope its a good race NR.....sometimes when you aren't looking forward to something you enjoy it the most

03/02/2013 at 10:56

Alex - it will all be worth it in the end. Your kids have their parents' intelligence and energy, so no surprise they are challenging. One day soon you will share a joke or listen to them playing an instrument or solving some complex maths problem. Suddenly you see the person they will be and you start to like them as people. It's still not the most common state of affairs in my family but it happens more and more, and it makes me very happy.

seren nos    pirate
03/02/2013 at 11:00

and when they put their arms around you for a big hug.......they are the moments that make it worth it

03/02/2013 at 11:28

Morning

You are certainly having a hard time of it Alex and realistically your children's behaviour is not going to improve for years unless you regain authority. That was obvious and really easy for me to say - a massive challenge for you to actually deal with.

Have you both considered getting independent and impartial professional advice?

Parenting is not all bad though; I remember not so long ago you posting a link to Adam's You tube clip of him assembling a transformer toy. What was noteworthy was his concentration, attention to detail and overall self worth in his own abilities - he gets that from his home environment, of which you are a major part. What was also plainly evident from the collection of clips, apart from Adam's budding potential as a presenter, was your pride in his acheivement.

Children don't come with an instruction manual when they are born - so who is to say what is right or wrong - we just make it up as we go along and like all work in progress, we try to do the best we can.

03/02/2013 at 18:16

Evening all!

Was very moody out on the coastal path this morning:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/518567/gallery/moody_0.jpg?width=350

Went to watch the Scarlets thrash Leicester after my run, now relaxing after a nice roast dinner. 

03/02/2013 at 21:34

Evening all

Sounds like you had a good day RK.

How are things with you WA?  How is the bug?

It was a wet and misty day.  Kenfig 6k cross country race was a laugh.  I got third lady as I had to stop to do my shoe lace up.  Time with family went well. 

Boffin - as you say, you do what you think is best and hope it all works out. 

04/02/2013 at 06:34
Morning all! Here we go again!

You want to get the elastic type lock laces NR! Well done on third and glad family went ok in end!

Cardiff today.
04/02/2013 at 07:24

Morning all

Monday again - have a good one

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/02/2013 at 07:26

morning 

04/02/2013 at 09:31

Morning

Well done Nutty - third lady even after having a sit down during the race!

Looks a bit moody indeed Kev.

seren nos    pirate
04/02/2013 at 09:46

I have swum and off for a few days with my mother.if i don't get internet access.have fun all

04/02/2013 at 20:43

Evening all

Enjoy the break Seren.

Thanks Boffin. It was quite enjoyable despite my reservations at the start of the day.  Always good to catch up with other runners

Cold one today but at least it was dry

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.