Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,621 to 37,640 of 39,447 messages
seren nos    pirate
03/02/2013 at 11:00

and when they put their arms around you for a big hug.......they are the moments that make it worth it

03/02/2013 at 11:28

Morning

You are certainly having a hard time of it Alex and realistically your children's behaviour is not going to improve for years unless you regain authority. That was obvious and really easy for me to say - a massive challenge for you to actually deal with.

Have you both considered getting independent and impartial professional advice?

Parenting is not all bad though; I remember not so long ago you posting a link to Adam's You tube clip of him assembling a transformer toy. What was noteworthy was his concentration, attention to detail and overall self worth in his own abilities - he gets that from his home environment, of which you are a major part. What was also plainly evident from the collection of clips, apart from Adam's budding potential as a presenter, was your pride in his acheivement.

Children don't come with an instruction manual when they are born - so who is to say what is right or wrong - we just make it up as we go along and like all work in progress, we try to do the best we can.

03/02/2013 at 18:16

Evening all!

Was very moody out on the coastal path this morning:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/518567/gallery/moody_0.jpg?width=350

Went to watch the Scarlets thrash Leicester after my run, now relaxing after a nice roast dinner. 

03/02/2013 at 21:34

Evening all

Sounds like you had a good day RK.

How are things with you WA?  How is the bug?

It was a wet and misty day.  Kenfig 6k cross country race was a laugh.  I got third lady as I had to stop to do my shoe lace up.  Time with family went well. 

Boffin - as you say, you do what you think is best and hope it all works out. 

04/02/2013 at 06:34
Morning all! Here we go again!

You want to get the elastic type lock laces NR! Well done on third and glad family went ok in end!

Cardiff today.
04/02/2013 at 07:24

Morning all

Monday again - have a good one

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/02/2013 at 07:26

morning 

04/02/2013 at 09:31

Morning

Well done Nutty - third lady even after having a sit down during the race!

Looks a bit moody indeed Kev.

seren nos    pirate
04/02/2013 at 09:46

I have swum and off for a few days with my mother.if i don't get internet access.have fun all

04/02/2013 at 20:43

Evening all

Enjoy the break Seren.

Thanks Boffin. It was quite enjoyable despite my reservations at the start of the day.  Always good to catch up with other runners

Cold one today but at least it was dry

04/02/2013 at 21:25
Just back from walking the dogs - the wind was quite bitter.
05/02/2013 at 06:58
Morning all!

Cardiff today again.
05/02/2013 at 07:32

Morning all

Bit closer for you RK.

Its a cold one again

05/02/2013 at 10:53

Morning

Very windy in the night and It is trying to snow here currently.

I am indoors today so it can do what it wants! Sweetie ought to be pleased as I am finally finishing the tiling to our utility room - only been three years I don't know what the complaint is!!

Can't say tiling is my favourite task - they go on really easy but are a pain to take off when you notice one on the wonk days after the job is done! Tiling is all regualr patterns which irritate me for ever more if the pattern is out. Far better to pay someone else to do it then whinge about them for years to come?

05/02/2013 at 20:42

Evening all

Boffin - hope the tiling went well.  Its a tricky job.

Cold and wet here, no snow thank goodness.

05/02/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Mixed news - good run and kitchen painting is looking good. But... Mum in law has been in Bath Royal United Hospital hospital for a WEEK and they have only just realised that when she fell and so precipitated the trip to hospital, she broke her hip. My sister in law found out about this when she phoned today, only to be told "she's not back from surgery yet". Utter shambles.

05/02/2013 at 22:01
That's poor Tracey. Hope she is on the mend soon.

Plenty of matchsticks needed Boffin!

Was very rough out running but stayed dry thankfully.
06/02/2013 at 06:26
Morning. Blowing a gale out there today.

Bristol today. Long 14 hours ahead
06/02/2013 at 08:14

Morning

That's dreadful Tracey - I would have thought a broken hip would have been high on the list of likely injuries in such cases? I do hope she is getting better treatement now and recovers soon.

Tiling is a pain! - Not helped by having to taxi the children to and from school, extra curricula lessons, parents evening and sixth form open evenings. An experienced tiler would fall of their chair laughing at the amount of time this relatively tiny job is taking me!!

Least I am  not outside in that wind we had last night - seems to have calmed down for the moment.

seren nos    pirate
06/02/2013 at 17:08

tracey.not good at al is that .hope she recovers well.......

had a few good days away .the snow almost got in the way yesterday morning..took the scenic route from brecon to builth and didn't realise that the mountain road was covered in snow and that it was still snow up on top............the hilss there are also 25%.....and i don't like driving n snow...........survived and we drove around the lakes at rhyader.......really want to do the rhyader 20 now again though 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.