Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,621 to 37,640 of 39,513 messages
04/02/2013 at 21:25
Just back from walking the dogs - the wind was quite bitter.
05/02/2013 at 06:58
Morning all!

Cardiff today again.
05/02/2013 at 07:32

Morning all

Bit closer for you RK.

Its a cold one again

05/02/2013 at 10:53

Morning

Very windy in the night and It is trying to snow here currently.

I am indoors today so it can do what it wants! Sweetie ought to be pleased as I am finally finishing the tiling to our utility room - only been three years I don't know what the complaint is!!

Can't say tiling is my favourite task - they go on really easy but are a pain to take off when you notice one on the wonk days after the job is done! Tiling is all regualr patterns which irritate me for ever more if the pattern is out. Far better to pay someone else to do it then whinge about them for years to come?

05/02/2013 at 20:42

Evening all

Boffin - hope the tiling went well.  Its a tricky job.

Cold and wet here, no snow thank goodness.

05/02/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Mixed news - good run and kitchen painting is looking good. But... Mum in law has been in Bath Royal United Hospital hospital for a WEEK and they have only just realised that when she fell and so precipitated the trip to hospital, she broke her hip. My sister in law found out about this when she phoned today, only to be told "she's not back from surgery yet". Utter shambles.

05/02/2013 at 22:01
That's poor Tracey. Hope she is on the mend soon.

Plenty of matchsticks needed Boffin!

Was very rough out running but stayed dry thankfully.
06/02/2013 at 06:26
Morning. Blowing a gale out there today.

Bristol today. Long 14 hours ahead
06/02/2013 at 08:14

Morning

That's dreadful Tracey - I would have thought a broken hip would have been high on the list of likely injuries in such cases? I do hope she is getting better treatement now and recovers soon.

Tiling is a pain! - Not helped by having to taxi the children to and from school, extra curricula lessons, parents evening and sixth form open evenings. An experienced tiler would fall of their chair laughing at the amount of time this relatively tiny job is taking me!!

Least I am  not outside in that wind we had last night - seems to have calmed down for the moment.

seren nos    pirate
06/02/2013 at 17:08

tracey.not good at al is that .hope she recovers well.......

had a few good days away .the snow almost got in the way yesterday morning..took the scenic route from brecon to builth and didn't realise that the mountain road was covered in snow and that it was still snow up on top............the hilss there are also 25%.....and i don't like driving n snow...........survived and we drove around the lakes at rhyader.......really want to do the rhyader 20 now again though 

06/02/2013 at 21:37

Evening all

Tracey - sorry to hear about your mother in law.  I hope she recovers soon.

Seren - its lovely up there.  I am planning to do Rhayader.  Will see nearer the time.

Boffin - family life eh?  Tiling as well.  Bet you can't wait to start running again for a bit of stress relief!

The wind was bad last night and it was bitterly cold today.  At least it was dry

06/02/2013 at 23:04

Evening ....

Thanks for the support the other day. That really was a bad episode of man-flu and I was so ill every minor mysery was magnified. Still not over it but much better and I have been running twice.

07/02/2013 at 07:10
Well done WA for going to hell and back! Seriously, glad you are on the me.

Cardiff today and tomorrow. Glad too after a 14 hour day yesterday.

Run tonight

Hope M-I-L is ok Tracey.
07/02/2013 at 07:25

Morning all

Glad you are on the mend WA.  Sounds as if you had man flu big time.

Hope work goes well RK.

Cold outside again so wrap up warm all

07/02/2013 at 07:26

Morning ... I am glad too. Still sleeping in loads of clothes though which is not like me, usually just shorts and a t shirt.

Another day starts again too ...... heregoes !

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/02/2013 at 07:27

morning

Tracey that's appalling about your MIL, I hope you and Bob are making a huge fuss

Onward and upward WA, this flu thing will be just a vague memory in a few days

Lovely out there for running, it's nice to finish the run watching the sun rise, and a lovely one it is too.

07/02/2013 at 09:44

Morning

Good to hear you are getting over your cold Alex

Might be running soon indeed Nutty - it is all down to me now. I have to get strength back in my back and stomach and also improve mobility in the spine. Healing is all but done Now it is the hard stuff; lots of 'little' strengthening exercises which take time and patience  - not my best assets!!

07/02/2013 at 16:58

Boff - be worth it if you get back on the road again. Softly softly catch ye monkey.

MIL is picking up after her surgery. Fortunately, she is a tough old bird. Feel that it's not my place to make a fuss. If it was my mum I would have played merry hell, but OH and his sister are made of much gentler, more courteous stuff. Even if I waded in and tried to fight on their behalf, they would just feel horribly uncomfortable, so keeping out of it and hoping she doesn't suffer any long term problems because of it. Also making damn sure that if I get ill in Wiltshire, I don't get taken to Bath Royal United.

07/02/2013 at 23:50

There is so much of the NHS that is a shambles nowadays Tracey. I actually took out an all embracing private policy last year to try to protect the kids and myself. Could not get cover for A though as she had been to see the Doc once or twice in the last 2000 moons and on that basis her cover would have been astronomical.

My parents were only moaning about the NHS this morning over their Costa Coffee. Dad is going to change his name to "Tony Blair" or "Rhodri Morgan" in order to get himself better service next time he goes in.

08/02/2013 at 07:00
We have full AXA PPP Heathcare for the family as well WA - worth it for the peace of mind. Had it over 10 years and have never used it though!

Glad it's Friday. Off to watch Scarlets v Connacht tonight

Have a good day all.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.