Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,641 to 37,660 of 39,432 messages
06/02/2013 at 21:37

Evening all

Tracey - sorry to hear about your mother in law.  I hope she recovers soon.

Seren - its lovely up there.  I am planning to do Rhayader.  Will see nearer the time.

Boffin - family life eh?  Tiling as well.  Bet you can't wait to start running again for a bit of stress relief!

The wind was bad last night and it was bitterly cold today.  At least it was dry

06/02/2013 at 23:04

Evening ....

Thanks for the support the other day. That really was a bad episode of man-flu and I was so ill every minor mysery was magnified. Still not over it but much better and I have been running twice.

07/02/2013 at 07:10
Well done WA for going to hell and back! Seriously, glad you are on the me.

Cardiff today and tomorrow. Glad too after a 14 hour day yesterday.

Run tonight

Hope M-I-L is ok Tracey.
07/02/2013 at 07:25

Morning all

Glad you are on the mend WA.  Sounds as if you had man flu big time.

Hope work goes well RK.

Cold outside again so wrap up warm all

07/02/2013 at 07:26

Morning ... I am glad too. Still sleeping in loads of clothes though which is not like me, usually just shorts and a t shirt.

Another day starts again too ...... heregoes !

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/02/2013 at 07:27

morning

Tracey that's appalling about your MIL, I hope you and Bob are making a huge fuss

Onward and upward WA, this flu thing will be just a vague memory in a few days

Lovely out there for running, it's nice to finish the run watching the sun rise, and a lovely one it is too.

07/02/2013 at 09:44

Morning

Good to hear you are getting over your cold Alex

Might be running soon indeed Nutty - it is all down to me now. I have to get strength back in my back and stomach and also improve mobility in the spine. Healing is all but done Now it is the hard stuff; lots of 'little' strengthening exercises which take time and patience  - not my best assets!!

07/02/2013 at 16:58

Boff - be worth it if you get back on the road again. Softly softly catch ye monkey.

MIL is picking up after her surgery. Fortunately, she is a tough old bird. Feel that it's not my place to make a fuss. If it was my mum I would have played merry hell, but OH and his sister are made of much gentler, more courteous stuff. Even if I waded in and tried to fight on their behalf, they would just feel horribly uncomfortable, so keeping out of it and hoping she doesn't suffer any long term problems because of it. Also making damn sure that if I get ill in Wiltshire, I don't get taken to Bath Royal United.

07/02/2013 at 23:50

There is so much of the NHS that is a shambles nowadays Tracey. I actually took out an all embracing private policy last year to try to protect the kids and myself. Could not get cover for A though as she had been to see the Doc once or twice in the last 2000 moons and on that basis her cover would have been astronomical.

My parents were only moaning about the NHS this morning over their Costa Coffee. Dad is going to change his name to "Tony Blair" or "Rhodri Morgan" in order to get himself better service next time he goes in.

08/02/2013 at 07:00
We have full AXA PPP Heathcare for the family as well WA - worth it for the peace of mind. Had it over 10 years and have never used it though!

Glad it's Friday. Off to watch Scarlets v Connacht tonight

Have a good day all.
08/02/2013 at 07:31

Morning all

NHS - its in a right mess.  Hope your mother in law recovers fully and quickly Tracey.  Give my best wishes to Bob.

Friday

seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 08:23

morning all......

wonder what the weather is like in bath today.....anyone else going

09/02/2013 at 09:01

Morning .... I would like to do the XC in bath today but ...

1) I am still weak and coughing

2) Its a whole day out for 10k

3) Its quite a lot of fuel and a bridge toll which money which might be better spent on cake.

Anyway, I have cover with AXA PPP too Kev. Only took it out this year. Had private cover once many years back too but let it lapse. I am not too sure though when it comes to paying out how good it will be, will have to see. I pay £67 pcm for Adam, Daniel and Myself and it is the complete level of cover (no waiting 6 weeks or whatever).

09/02/2013 at 11:29

Morning

NHS clearly has faults - wouldn't want to be without it though. Sweetie has her complaints about my care in Southampton; being discharged first thing in the morning and transfered to waiting lounge in my pyjamas whilst she drove up from Wales with my clothes... I maintain that I had a fall, was treated and survived - that is more what they are there for?

Of course there are the odd stories of discharge during antisocial hours which have caused bigger problems. Elderly chap was admitted to Glangwili from Llandovery by ambulance at the new year - admitted for a couple of nights then discharged something like 2am. He had no money with him (perhaps not what you think of when being taken to hospital by ambulance?) and no-one at home to collect him - he ended up walking the 20 odd miles on National Speed Limit country lanes with no pavements until the Police picked him up and took him home.

Having praised the virtues of the NHS... we still have had (and still have) BUPA private family cover for years! - Paid the premiums and never used the service, but I figure we are paying towards the general skills and infrastructure?

Havign said all, your Mother in Law deserved better treatment than she got Tracey - hope she continues to recover. Warrants a letter of concern to the Health Board; how else can they address issues of care if they don't know about the failings?

09/02/2013 at 13:06
Afternoon all.

Relaxing day planned. Run and shopping done. Going to watch rugby all afternoon then cooking a nice meal for the family. Treated myself to a few Welsh Organic Ales for the rugby - first drink of the year!
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 19:18

alex.the turnout was less than the previous ones.............

thewomen only had to do 3.3 miles but I was pleased with my pace for X country.......

a lot of teams didn't bother travelling..

just the one more do do now.

09/02/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Well done on the race Seren.

Sounds like you had a nice day RK.

Hope you get well soon WA.

As you say Boffin, the NHS has its moments.  I couldn't complain when I needed treatment a few years ago.  First class in Liverpool.

Marathon training is going well

10/02/2013 at 07:58
Yes NR it was a nice day thanks. Glad your training is going well.

I'm up and ready to go out for a run in this pouring rain. Mrs RK thinks I'm crazy!
seren nos    pirate
10/02/2013 at 08:05

Kev.enjoy.my other half isd also out..but i am up in cycling kit waiting to cycle.thats going to fun in this weather

10/02/2013 at 21:48

Evening all

I like running in the rain so long as its not too cold.  Hope it went okay RK.

Seren - hope your bike ride was okay.

Short recovery run for me.  Went to Chinese fayre in Maritime Museum today.  Excellent day out. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.