Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,641 to 37,660 of 39,497 messages
08/02/2013 at 07:31

Morning all

NHS - its in a right mess.  Hope your mother in law recovers fully and quickly Tracey.  Give my best wishes to Bob.

Friday

seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 08:23

morning all......

wonder what the weather is like in bath today.....anyone else going

09/02/2013 at 09:01

Morning .... I would like to do the XC in bath today but ...

1) I am still weak and coughing

2) Its a whole day out for 10k

3) Its quite a lot of fuel and a bridge toll which money which might be better spent on cake.

Anyway, I have cover with AXA PPP too Kev. Only took it out this year. Had private cover once many years back too but let it lapse. I am not too sure though when it comes to paying out how good it will be, will have to see. I pay £67 pcm for Adam, Daniel and Myself and it is the complete level of cover (no waiting 6 weeks or whatever).

09/02/2013 at 11:29

Morning

NHS clearly has faults - wouldn't want to be without it though. Sweetie has her complaints about my care in Southampton; being discharged first thing in the morning and transfered to waiting lounge in my pyjamas whilst she drove up from Wales with my clothes... I maintain that I had a fall, was treated and survived - that is more what they are there for?

Of course there are the odd stories of discharge during antisocial hours which have caused bigger problems. Elderly chap was admitted to Glangwili from Llandovery by ambulance at the new year - admitted for a couple of nights then discharged something like 2am. He had no money with him (perhaps not what you think of when being taken to hospital by ambulance?) and no-one at home to collect him - he ended up walking the 20 odd miles on National Speed Limit country lanes with no pavements until the Police picked him up and took him home.

Having praised the virtues of the NHS... we still have had (and still have) BUPA private family cover for years! - Paid the premiums and never used the service, but I figure we are paying towards the general skills and infrastructure?

Havign said all, your Mother in Law deserved better treatment than she got Tracey - hope she continues to recover. Warrants a letter of concern to the Health Board; how else can they address issues of care if they don't know about the failings?

09/02/2013 at 13:06
Afternoon all.

Relaxing day planned. Run and shopping done. Going to watch rugby all afternoon then cooking a nice meal for the family. Treated myself to a few Welsh Organic Ales for the rugby - first drink of the year!
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 19:18

alex.the turnout was less than the previous ones.............

thewomen only had to do 3.3 miles but I was pleased with my pace for X country.......

a lot of teams didn't bother travelling..

just the one more do do now.

09/02/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Well done on the race Seren.

Sounds like you had a nice day RK.

Hope you get well soon WA.

As you say Boffin, the NHS has its moments.  I couldn't complain when I needed treatment a few years ago.  First class in Liverpool.

Marathon training is going well

10/02/2013 at 07:58
Yes NR it was a nice day thanks. Glad your training is going well.

I'm up and ready to go out for a run in this pouring rain. Mrs RK thinks I'm crazy!
seren nos    pirate
10/02/2013 at 08:05

Kev.enjoy.my other half isd also out..but i am up in cycling kit waiting to cycle.thats going to fun in this weather

10/02/2013 at 21:48

Evening all

I like running in the rain so long as its not too cold.  Hope it went okay RK.

Seren - hope your bike ride was okay.

Short recovery run for me.  Went to Chinese fayre in Maritime Museum today.  Excellent day out. 

11/02/2013 at 06:36
It wasn't too bad thanks NR. I was freezing to start off but after 10mins of running I was warm. Came home, showered and put PJs back on for the day and watched rugby, had roast dinner etc - so a nice day.

Gad you enjoyed your fayre - the Chinese put a lot of effort in to their new year celebrations.

Monday again! Hate this week as its half term and family are off and I'm working all week. Oh well, someone's got to pay the bills.

Rest day today.
11/02/2013 at 07:26

Morning all

RK - its hard to be in work when the family are not but, as you say, you can live as you do because you work.  Enjoy the good times.  Are you having a family holiday this year?  Easter is not far away.

Mondays come round too quickly.....

11/02/2013 at 07:29
We have our caravan from March 1st in Aberystwyth NR and also have a week booked in Brittainy at Whitsun - so must look ahead!
seren nos    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:29

morning half term here but eldest is in another county and has half term next week so thats brilliant news for training......

yesterdays bike ride was very wet and I managed nearly 70 miles with a group so pleased i went even though i had to go to bed to warm up with the electric blanket

11/02/2013 at 15:45

Afternoon

Animals don't have half term either - might be useful having the children home though as the sheep need vaccinating, worming, fluking and debugging. Must try and avoid vaccinating myself this year!

11/02/2013 at 16:04

I misread 'fluking'. It's a testament to my Welshness that my first thought was why does he need to get the kids involved? Isn't that something you do in private?

I am taking my youngest in to work tomorrow as she is keen to see what teaching is all about. We've just spent a happy hour writing a worksheet for her to do with my students.

12/02/2013 at 07:28

Morning

Early for me posting!

I am sure she will enjoy being at work with Mum

This morning I am playing at being a bus! Boff jnr has his mind set on a College option for A levels in September as opposed to staying on at his school, problem is the bus for this college collects from our postal town which is a 2 mile walk away along lanes and a very scenic track over the hills. - The bus leaves at 7:45. I walked the route with him yesterday, so he knows where to go, and the plan is he gets a bit of a taste of what his day would be like having to catch this bus.

It does mean I can't get on with anything else until I have collected him though... joys of parenting!

12/02/2013 at 07:35
Morning all.
12/02/2013 at 07:37

Morning all

Good luck to Boffin Junior and his quest for broadening his horizons!

seren nos    pirate
12/02/2013 at 08:45

Boff make sure you do some practice runs when it is pouring with rain.........I wonder how long it would be before you become a taxi to and from the bus

Tracey.i misread that as well

managed a run last night between 5 and 6 and was recovered enough by 7 to beat my Oh 5-0 at squash again so a good night,.......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.