Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,661 to 37,680 of 39,433 messages
11/02/2013 at 06:36
It wasn't too bad thanks NR. I was freezing to start off but after 10mins of running I was warm. Came home, showered and put PJs back on for the day and watched rugby, had roast dinner etc - so a nice day.

Gad you enjoyed your fayre - the Chinese put a lot of effort in to their new year celebrations.

Monday again! Hate this week as its half term and family are off and I'm working all week. Oh well, someone's got to pay the bills.

Rest day today.
11/02/2013 at 07:26

Morning all

RK - its hard to be in work when the family are not but, as you say, you can live as you do because you work.  Enjoy the good times.  Are you having a family holiday this year?  Easter is not far away.

Mondays come round too quickly.....

11/02/2013 at 07:29
We have our caravan from March 1st in Aberystwyth NR and also have a week booked in Brittainy at Whitsun - so must look ahead!
seren nos    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:29

morning half term here but eldest is in another county and has half term next week so thats brilliant news for training......

yesterdays bike ride was very wet and I managed nearly 70 miles with a group so pleased i went even though i had to go to bed to warm up with the electric blanket

11/02/2013 at 15:45

Afternoon

Animals don't have half term either - might be useful having the children home though as the sheep need vaccinating, worming, fluking and debugging. Must try and avoid vaccinating myself this year!

11/02/2013 at 16:04

I misread 'fluking'. It's a testament to my Welshness that my first thought was why does he need to get the kids involved? Isn't that something you do in private?

I am taking my youngest in to work tomorrow as she is keen to see what teaching is all about. We've just spent a happy hour writing a worksheet for her to do with my students.

12/02/2013 at 07:28

Morning

Early for me posting!

I am sure she will enjoy being at work with Mum

This morning I am playing at being a bus! Boff jnr has his mind set on a College option for A levels in September as opposed to staying on at his school, problem is the bus for this college collects from our postal town which is a 2 mile walk away along lanes and a very scenic track over the hills. - The bus leaves at 7:45. I walked the route with him yesterday, so he knows where to go, and the plan is he gets a bit of a taste of what his day would be like having to catch this bus.

It does mean I can't get on with anything else until I have collected him though... joys of parenting!

12/02/2013 at 07:35
Morning all.
12/02/2013 at 07:37

Morning all

Good luck to Boffin Junior and his quest for broadening his horizons!

seren nos    pirate
12/02/2013 at 08:45

Boff make sure you do some practice runs when it is pouring with rain.........I wonder how long it would be before you become a taxi to and from the bus

Tracey.i misread that as well

managed a run last night between 5 and 6 and was recovered enough by 7 to beat my Oh 5-0 at squash again so a good night,.......

12/02/2013 at 16:30

Daisy has collapsed in a heap! I had forgotten how tiring teaching is if you are not used to it. Now to get on with marking and lesson planning, the other half of the job. Maybe I should wake her up to help me, so she gets a real taste for it...

12/02/2013 at 20:42

Evening all

Tracey - the wonderful world of work.  Why is it when young, you want to be grown up and we spend most of our time when older, trying to recapture our youth?  Life eh...?

Well done Seren.  There's no stopping you.

Knee is a bit sore after my fall the other week.  Never mind.

13/02/2013 at 06:54
A good day yesterday then Seren.

Hope the knee heals quickly NR. Is it affecting your training?

Did you all have pancakes?

Heathy eating is difficult this week what with pancake day yesterday and valentines tomorrow.

Will have to do a few extra laps of the docks tonight!
13/02/2013 at 07:03

Morning all

RK - knee is sore.  Think I will have to have a rest today.

Its snowing outside so wrap up warm

13/02/2013 at 08:31

Morning

We have snow - very pretty... except that Boff Jnr is staying with friends 20 miles away and coming back today. Snow will clear by the afternoon to be replaced with rain - oh joy!

Do take care of your knee Nutty, rest day sounds like a good plan.

We had pancakes We often have pancakes as they are a nice way to control our egg mountian and also make a quick tasty lunch. We don't have a massive mountain - more like a hillock; about 60 eggs a month. Scary to consider though that we eat that many eggs!!!

I forget how many eggs we would buy in our previous city lives - maybe half dozen every couple of weeks, perhaps more bought in specially if we were planning to bake?

13/02/2013 at 17:51

Evening ... Snow ! Blimey ! Luckily not round here.

seren nos    pirate
13/02/2013 at 18:02

we had a few pancakes.....

went on a 15 mile run this morning.......nice and dry at 7 am but within a mile it started snowing....it got heavier as i went northwards..........it was nice to run in the fluffy stuff but i wish i had taken trail shoes as it settled quickly.......made it a bit harder than it should have been

13/02/2013 at 18:37

No snow here. Just off to Pizza Express. Yum yum yum. New kitchen was bought from Tesco which means lots of clubcard points, which means lots of pizza. 

13/02/2013 at 22:38

Evening all

Hope Boff Jnr got home safely Boffin.

Well done on your run SEren.

Pizza sounds good Tracey.

Rest day for me.  Had a soak in the bath

14/02/2013 at 07:27
Morning ll - Happy Valentines Day!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.