Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,661 to 37,680 of 39,463 messages
12/02/2013 at 16:30

Daisy has collapsed in a heap! I had forgotten how tiring teaching is if you are not used to it. Now to get on with marking and lesson planning, the other half of the job. Maybe I should wake her up to help me, so she gets a real taste for it...

12/02/2013 at 20:42

Evening all

Tracey - the wonderful world of work.  Why is it when young, you want to be grown up and we spend most of our time when older, trying to recapture our youth?  Life eh...?

Well done Seren.  There's no stopping you.

Knee is a bit sore after my fall the other week.  Never mind.

13/02/2013 at 06:54
A good day yesterday then Seren.

Hope the knee heals quickly NR. Is it affecting your training?

Did you all have pancakes?

Heathy eating is difficult this week what with pancake day yesterday and valentines tomorrow.

Will have to do a few extra laps of the docks tonight!
13/02/2013 at 07:03

Morning all

RK - knee is sore.  Think I will have to have a rest today.

Its snowing outside so wrap up warm

13/02/2013 at 08:31

Morning

We have snow - very pretty... except that Boff Jnr is staying with friends 20 miles away and coming back today. Snow will clear by the afternoon to be replaced with rain - oh joy!

Do take care of your knee Nutty, rest day sounds like a good plan.

We had pancakes We often have pancakes as they are a nice way to control our egg mountian and also make a quick tasty lunch. We don't have a massive mountain - more like a hillock; about 60 eggs a month. Scary to consider though that we eat that many eggs!!!

I forget how many eggs we would buy in our previous city lives - maybe half dozen every couple of weeks, perhaps more bought in specially if we were planning to bake?

13/02/2013 at 17:51

Evening ... Snow ! Blimey ! Luckily not round here.

seren nos    pirate
13/02/2013 at 18:02

we had a few pancakes.....

went on a 15 mile run this morning.......nice and dry at 7 am but within a mile it started snowing....it got heavier as i went northwards..........it was nice to run in the fluffy stuff but i wish i had taken trail shoes as it settled quickly.......made it a bit harder than it should have been

13/02/2013 at 18:37

No snow here. Just off to Pizza Express. Yum yum yum. New kitchen was bought from Tesco which means lots of clubcard points, which means lots of pizza. 

13/02/2013 at 22:38

Evening all

Hope Boff Jnr got home safely Boffin.

Well done on your run SEren.

Pizza sounds good Tracey.

Rest day for me.  Had a soak in the bath

14/02/2013 at 07:27
Morning ll - Happy Valentines Day!
14/02/2013 at 07:31

Morning all

14/02/2013 at 17:07

Hiya folks

How's your knee Nutty?

Well, we did our very best to eat our way through as many vouchers as possible, between 8 of us we managed 10 starters, 8 pizzas and 14 desserts, but we still have £910 worth of vouchers to go. The joys of getting Tesco to fit your kitchen and being unwilling to spend clubcard points on anything that's not 4 for 1!

Have spent the day testing and have to mark it all now so no running.

14/02/2013 at 20:33

Evening all

Sounds great Tracey.  Hope your new kitchen is getting good use too.  Bad news about no running.

My knee is a bit sore.  Ran 4 miles - spirit is willing but the flesh is weak....

Friday tomorrow

15/02/2013 at 01:21
Wide awake
15/02/2013 at 07:51
Morning. Not good news about the knee NR .

Day off today. Valentines lunch planned at Sosban. Had a lovely present from Mrs RK, a greenhouse with all the stuff to grow my own herbs, salad veg etc - fab!
15/02/2013 at 15:52

Afternoon

Greenhouse sounds great Kev - can't fault growing your own; at least you know there will be no horse meat!

Rest Nutty and your knee will thank you for it.

Didn't know Tesco sold and fitted kitchens - learn something new every day.

15/02/2013 at 21:25

Evening all

Nice present RK.  Happy days

How are things on the farm Boffin?  Is your back improving?

16/02/2013 at 11:14

Morning

Nice weather here for a change! Busy time on the farm - checking / repairing fencing and hedging in readiness for lambing in a few weeks.

I have hydrotherapy now for my back - very funny, I spend most of my time wobbling around trying to balance / not drown!

16/02/2013 at 11:45

Morning all. Weather is nicer Boff, managed a run in shorts and t-shirt today - no leggings or coat!

Hope hydrotherapy helps, lots of people recommend it for rehabilitation.

Was glad to get out this morning as not a good week training - pancake day and Valentines got in the way - feeble excuses I know.

16/02/2013 at 20:16

Evening all

Boffin - so long as your back improves, go with it!

RK - a lovely day for it too. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.