Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,681 to 37,700 of 39,293 messages
14/02/2013 at 07:31

Morning all

14/02/2013 at 17:07

Hiya folks

How's your knee Nutty?

Well, we did our very best to eat our way through as many vouchers as possible, between 8 of us we managed 10 starters, 8 pizzas and 14 desserts, but we still have £910 worth of vouchers to go. The joys of getting Tesco to fit your kitchen and being unwilling to spend clubcard points on anything that's not 4 for 1!

Have spent the day testing and have to mark it all now so no running.

14/02/2013 at 20:33

Evening all

Sounds great Tracey.  Hope your new kitchen is getting good use too.  Bad news about no running.

My knee is a bit sore.  Ran 4 miles - spirit is willing but the flesh is weak....

Friday tomorrow

15/02/2013 at 01:21
Wide awake
15/02/2013 at 07:51
Morning. Not good news about the knee NR .

Day off today. Valentines lunch planned at Sosban. Had a lovely present from Mrs RK, a greenhouse with all the stuff to grow my own herbs, salad veg etc - fab!
15/02/2013 at 15:52

Afternoon

Greenhouse sounds great Kev - can't fault growing your own; at least you know there will be no horse meat!

Rest Nutty and your knee will thank you for it.

Didn't know Tesco sold and fitted kitchens - learn something new every day.

15/02/2013 at 21:25

Evening all

Nice present RK.  Happy days

How are things on the farm Boffin?  Is your back improving?

16/02/2013 at 11:14

Morning

Nice weather here for a change! Busy time on the farm - checking / repairing fencing and hedging in readiness for lambing in a few weeks.

I have hydrotherapy now for my back - very funny, I spend most of my time wobbling around trying to balance / not drown!

16/02/2013 at 11:45

Morning all. Weather is nicer Boff, managed a run in shorts and t-shirt today - no leggings or coat!

Hope hydrotherapy helps, lots of people recommend it for rehabilitation.

Was glad to get out this morning as not a good week training - pancake day and Valentines got in the way - feeble excuses I know.

16/02/2013 at 20:16

Evening all

Boffin - so long as your back improves, go with it!

RK - a lovely day for it too. 

17/02/2013 at 08:20

Morning

Should be a run of nicer days - more shorts and shirt running weather Kev?

Hydrotherapy is a giggle, although I assume it is doing some good? Hard to see progress now as I am practically doing everything as normal - just really stiff and sore!

There is no measure for soreness - in the clinics they ask you to score it out of 6 or 10 - all very arbitrary. If it didn't bother me, I wouldn't be there - and if I were in agony I would be immobile and on pain killers. Non apply so I just plonk for middle ground - which I guess everyone does, so a bit pointless?

Would be nice to be able to get a solid nights sleep without my back waking me - early days yet so premature to start whinging!

How is your knee now Nutty?

17/02/2013 at 09:03
Morning all!

Sounds like you are tackling your big challenge with humour Boffin - well done!

Went to Nandos last night, really enjoyed.

Taking Ol to football now then off for a run.
Edited: 17/02/2013 at 09:04
17/02/2013 at 11:09

Birthdays.... Bob is 50 today and doing his best to ignore the fact, Tom is 17 and has just gone off for his first driving lesson. Off out for a ride and then cake for lunch. Happy days.

17/02/2013 at 11:29
Happy birthdays all round! Great display by Oliver's team. Happy Days indeed Tracey.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
17/02/2013 at 14:19

Afternoon

Happy Birthday to the Hinton fellas, quite a landmark time for them both!

Just back from my long run. Mumbles is heaving with people who set out just to get in my way! To be fair, most people today were polite and considerate, must be the unaccustomed sunshine 

seren nos    pirate
17/02/2013 at 17:36

what a beautiful day.......happy birthday to the guys tracey........

well done Sue.it was lovely out wasn't it.....got my first 100 miuler of the year on the bike done

17/02/2013 at 20:04

Evening all

Gorgeous day today.  Light till late too

Happy birthday to Bob and Tom, Tracey.  Hope you all had a good day and lots of cake.

Well done on your run Sue.  Training seems to be going well.

Seren - well done too. What's your next challenge?

Knee is getting better but still painful.  Did a decent run yesterday but didn't get far today - time is a great healer....

Stick with it Boffin.  Not much sleep is no fun.  Hope it all fixes soon.  Can I recommend pie and cake?  Lots of

18/02/2013 at 06:37
Morning all. These winter Monday mornings don't get any easier.
18/02/2013 at 07:23

Morning all

RK - you still travelling alot with the new job? 

Have a good one all

18/02/2013 at 07:52

Morning all

New course starts today in school - I'd be lying if I said  was confident I knew what I was doing, just hope the students don't spot that.

Nice weekend though. Saw Sue running and looking good. We were cycling and were already on the road that takes you up to the top of Knab Rock, otherwise we would have stopped and talked.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.